Variety Ruderalis (auto-flowering)
Feminised Regular (not feminised)
THC Content 10/15%
Height 30-60cm = 1-2ft
Flowering Time 6 Weeks
Harvest Month 8/10 Weeks from sowing
Yield 15-50g/plant

Product Description
This is the Joint Doctor's variety pack. It is a very good choice for anyone who wants some variety in their auto-flowering strains. Each packet is a 100% auto-flowering mix of Lowryder Original, Lowryder #2 and other related lines in the Joint Doctor's breeding projects; usually integrating Santa Maria and Mazar genetics. All plants will begin to flower at 3-4 weeks and will finish in 8 weeks from seed, while exhibiting slightly different shape, branching and budding traits. Subtle differences in taste can be noticed by the connoiseur.

The goal
goal is to quickly finish the batch and harvest then resow the new seeds for another run.

The setup
Medium is undecided but lighting will be limited to 50w 2700K T5 + 69w 6500K CFL in a small, sealed box with a 200mm computer fan to exhaust. I'm thinking this would be a good recirculating drip grow. The first few days will be spent under limited CFL lighting while rooting takes place in plastic shot glasses after which the root mass will be transplanted into approximately 1 liter containers. This will only use 5 seeds as I see no reason to use all 10 at once.

The timeframe
Seeds will begin germing 1/11/2010 at approximately 1 AM (15 minutes) and harvest is planned for 8-10 weeks later being March 8th to March 22nd.

Right on, Train. Being as how time and space are in tight supply in my room - gonna tune in for this for sure.

Question1: I thought the Ruderalis' only good feature was the auto flower - it has little to no THC. Since you already have the auto-flower trait in the others, will you be breeding non-autoflowering with Ruderalis, or trying to get away from the Ruderalis to improve potency?

Question2: Is the LowRyder a Ruderalis hybrid? I think it is but I'm not sure.

from the breeder's packaging

Product Information
Manufacturer The Joint Doctor
Genetics Lowryder original, lowryder #2, Diesel Ryder, Purple Ryder
Pack Size 10 Seeds
Variety Ruderalis (auto-flowering)
Feminised Regular (not feminised)
THC Content 10/15%

Height 30-60cm = 1-2ft
Flowering Time 6 Weeks
Harvest Month 8/10 Weeks from sowing
Yield 15-50g/plant

Yes I am growing for seeds. The 5 lowryders are all the genetics going into this hopefully I get at least 1 male so I can get seed. Just crossing LR with LR this first run if I want to cross LR with something else I would try male LR with strong potency female and keep crossing auto traits while just flowering out non-autos.

So really no I'm not aiming for ruderalis but for hybridization with ruderalis traits just like the doc himself. In the future I may also consider other brands of ruderalis hybrids. Short Stuf, Sweet Seeds, or the WOS hybrids for example.

from the breeder's packaging

Yes I am growing for seeds. The 5 lowryders are all the genetics going into this hopefully I get at least 1 male so I can get seed. Just crossing LR with LR this first run if I want to cross LR with something else I would try male LR with strong potency female and keep crossing auto traits while just flowering out non-autos.

So really no I'm not aiming for ruderalis but for hybridization with ruderalis traits just like the doc himself. In the future I may also consider other brands of ruderalis hybrids. Short Stuf, Sweet Seeds, or the WOS hybrids for example.

Right on - good plan. I'm in.

hoorah - peeking some good interest here. just so you know this is an experimental grow for me and I haven't even decided my medium or method yet... what do you guys think I should run? DWC hydro? soil? recirculating drip? still haven't decided. 5 seeds have gone down in shot glasses and will be germinating over the next few days. They are appx 70-80F and 90%+ humidity under a single 23w CFL

hoorah - peeking some good interest here. just so you know this is an experimental grow for me and I haven't even decided my medium or method yet... what do you guys think I should run? DWC hydro? soil? recirculating drip? still haven't decided. 5 seeds have gone down in shot glasses and will be germinating over the next few days. They are appx 70-80F and 90%+ humidity under a single 23w CFL

um - build something you can build in a day, test the next, and transplant to the next. Cause you're gonna run outa time. I would think it would be tough to breed until you can replicate the same grow over and over, so I would use a method you're comfortable with and that you think will last.

ya can put any of them together in a few hours all those systems are very simple. probably gonna run recirculating drip with potting mix in keg cups, should have just enough to fill 5. then again I don't wanna buy a timer and have everything I need for DWC, plus keg cups suck and always fall over.

so to reiterate from before what method you think I should run?

I'm just wondering because maybe somebody knows that running a dwc for a quick breed will produce many many more seeds than dirt or something like that, IDK much about seed production.

ya can put any of them together in a few hours all those systems are very simple. probably gonna run recirculating drip with potting mix in keg cups, should have just enough to fill 5. then again I don't wanna buy a timer and have everything I need for DWC, plus keg cups suck and always fall over.

so to reiterate from before what method you think I should run? (no no-brainers)

I'm just wondering because maybe somebody knows that running a dwc for a quick breed will produce many many more seeds than dirt or something like that, IDK much about seed production.

Good questions - looking forward to any answers. I have none. :)

I love my Ebb and Grow. Very easy to add or subtract pots, very easy to move plants around from pot to pot, very easy to spin a plant in if you can't reach 360 degrees, and very easy to set up (although you need to make some kind of a controller pot - they cost too much to buy and too many parts that can break).

Good questions - looking forward to any answers. I have none. :)

I love my Ebb and Grow. Very easy to add or subtract pots, very easy to move plants around from pot to pot, very easy to spin a plant in if you can't reach 360 degrees, and very easy to set up (although you need to make some kind of a controller pot - they cost too much to buy and too many parts that can break).

haha ebb and grow is massive though! I would like one of those but I'm thinking a cost of more like $5 not $500 haha.

haha ebb and grow is massive though! I would like one of those but I'm thinking a cost of more like $5 not $500 haha.

You can get the 6 pot add-on kit for about 70-80 bucks for the kind I like. Build the controller. You'll need an empty bucket with an overflow and a pump. Put the controller at the same height as your plants. Put the res anywhere. Put the overflow on the controller at the exact height you want your buckets to fill to. Pump from res to controller, the rest is done by gravity.

Total cost:
66 for 6 outer pots, 6 net pots, tees, 20' of tubing
10 for controller bucket
10 in fittings for controller
<25 for pump
+timer

That's not too terrible right. Specially if you're gonna really try to breed. By definition it needs to hold up to at least a few generations of grows.

But you know what you're doing so I'll leave room in the convo for others to offer insight. Gonna shut up for a while now.

I see that is also pretty simple, hadn't thought about building that. could do a mini ebb and grow with like a 5 gallon res and 5 small buckets. all I would need are square buckets and $10 of fittings and could even run it on the same timer as my flood table.
but at that rate I could just make a small flood tray with some fittings and call it good. jeeze decisions decisions. I already have a lot of drip stuff I should set up with some pots, thats probably what I'll do. anyways thanks for the input tho Whiskey Papa

NP, man. Glad you were able to take it in the spirit it was offered. I was afraid you'd think I was lecturing. I think your drip system is prolly a better choice for you cause you're clearly already comfortable with it.

I'm gonna enjoy the show. Power to ya and breed us up some 1 foot, 2 oz plants that are ready to harvest 15 minutes from seed.

Back
Top Bottom