Samsung F562B Build

Skimmer

420 Member
Hi All!
I need help from someone experienced in building this kind of setup:

Grow-box-setup.jpg

I'm not an electrician and I'm doing this alone so pardon my ignorance in some elemental stuff.
This is a serial build, right?

So I should connect it in parallel, like in this example:

LT-F562B-4x4.png

How you wire your strips depends entirely on what type of power supply you are running. There are constant voltage and constant current power supplies.

Do you have a power supply already? If so, what brand/model is it?

That is a constant voltage driver. Parallel wiring would be the correct way to hook it up. The second pic is the way to go.

That is indeed a parallel circuit and will work great if you have 24v strips. If your strips are 48v then it won't work regardless of how you wire it up.

Time to bust out the Fluke meter or whatever dvom you have on hand. Start checking your wiring harness. Most likely a bad connection somewhere.

I moved all on one side and checked all connections, all are tight. I didn't check with a meter, I will do that with a proper tool tomorrow.

This is a photo of setup:

20200505_211600.jpg

20200505_211412.jpg

I moved all on one side and checked all connections, all are tight. I didn't check with a meter, I will do that with a proper tool tomorrow.

This is a photo of setup:

20200505_211600.jpg

20200505_211412.jpg
It looks like it's wired correctly.
I would recommend getting some wago connectors which would neaten things up and give you more secure connections.

Are you sure you don't have too many strips for your driver?
10 would be ideal for that driver.
Maybe worth disconnecting a few and see if that works.

LT-F562B-2X4-1024x576.png

With a bit of digging through some of the research I did before building my lights your driver is really only suitable for 8 strips.
You could add an hlg 150h 24b driver to run the other 5 strips.
First thing I would try would be to wire just the 8 strips and check that works first.

Thanks, I tried with 8 only and still not working.

I will have to recalculate and check if the driver isn't suitable.

Back
Top Bottom