Sanwan's Strawberry Blue & King's Kush Grow

Re: Jawasan's Strawberry Blue & King's Kush Grow

Was a little bit busy today and made a couple different cloners, nothing major. I am gonna' use a 14 gal Rubbermaid Roughneck AND a 3 gal bucket. Also made a cloner assembly like the stinkbug model.....
I'll be putting to use the 3 gal bucket first (11 actual sites, one site is for the plug and air tube) and later ALSO use the 14 gal tub, not sure how many sites just yet on that.

Anyhow, for a 3 or 5 gallon bucket this is an easy build but i am still proud of it and took my time putting it together, just 1/2 pvc t-joints, 90* angles, caps and some pieces of 1/2" pvc to connect them all. Primed and glued according to instructions and parts end to end/ pressed together, no gaps.... this way it fits inside of bucket....I made one with more spacing but it was too close to edge of bucket (didn't glue it together so i will knock it down in size).

I used EZ clone nozzles snugged nicely with teflon tape, all PVC was primed and glued properly and it fits on the pump just right! NO LEAKS! This paint bucket lid has a rubber seal on the inside as well (ACE Hardware). Air hose is tight with no leaks, used a barb connector as a press fitting in a 1/4" hole. Tight. The net pot holes are damn near perfect and no net pots fall thru. There is a trick to cutting using a 2 inch hole saw to cut 2 inch holes for net pots...YOU DON'T!! They always fall thru. I hand cut mine. Very very clean circles. Secured nicely.

Pump duties handled by an ECO 185, which is plenty it seems. I put a 394 on there and it was too much!! So it ran for a few hours, came back and it is dry as a bone around the floor and the bucket's lip. Just a bit of moisture around some neoprene which is just the nature of the material. Overall I am happy with it!
000_04862.jpg

000_04871.jpg

000_04881.jpg

000_04902.jpg

BTW fellow Deep Water Culture, the cloner assembly with the legs.... I am GIVING AWAY! Just PM me. I am not selling it, I just made a bunch to try out and see what I like best, what fits my area and way I work around in it.
You'll need to buy EZ Cloner nozzles for it and a pump (might need bigger than 185 since there is more tubing. It is only for the PVC structure which was primed and glued properly. It can not be broken down, but you handle the postage (can't be but a few bucks) and you can have it only if you also promise to put it to good use!!! 2 nozzles holes are off center the TINIEST of bit, lower left leg you can see it if ya' look at it, but when tested everything still worked EXCELLENTE'!!! Let me know, glad to help out some. It's free.

Damn dude sell that on Ebay! lol, I just bought a fogger, seemed easier :)

SG

I guess I could start it at .99 cents. Might get enough to buy something from hydro store. I like the fogger unit too, worked very well for me. But I kinda' wanna try this out as well, hit on all different methods. ;) My days can be rather uneventful sometimes, watching water spray around can be entertaining! Sad.

I guess I could start it at .99 cents. Might get enough to buy something from hydro store. I like the fogger unit too, worked very well for me. But I kinda' wanna try this out as well, hit on all different methods. ;) My days can be rather uneventful sometimes, watching water spray around can be entertaining! Sad.

Haha, well I am at work looking for dehumidifiers since classic FL humidity is coming back from a long winter with my room and grow space rocking 75% humidity. So ya its time to buy one.

SG

Was a little bit busy today and made a couple different cloners, nothing major. I am gonna' use a 14 gal Rubbermaid Roughneck AND a 3 gal bucket. Also made a cloner assembly like the stinkbug model.....
I'll be putting to use the 3 gal bucket first (11 actual sites, one site is for the plug and air tube) and later ALSO use the 14 gal tub, not sure how many sites just yet on that.

Anyhow, for a 3 or 5 gallon bucket this is an easy build but i am still proud of it and took my time putting it together, just 1/2 pvc t-joints, 90* angles, caps and some pieces of 1/2" pvc to connect them all. Primed and glued according to instructions and parts end to end/ pressed together, no gaps.... this way it fits inside of bucket....I made one with more spacing but it was too close to edge of bucket (didn't glue it together so i will knock it down in size).

I used EZ clone nozzles snugged nicely with teflon tape, all PVC was primed and glued properly and it fits on the pump just right! NO LEAKS! This paint bucket lid has a rubber seal on the inside as well (ACE Hardware). Air hose is tight with no leaks, used a barb connector as a press fitting in a 1/4" hole. Tight. The net pot holes are damn near perfect and no net pots fall thru. There is a trick to cutting using a 2 inch hole saw to cut 2 inch holes for net pots...YOU DON'T!! They always fall thru. I hand cut mine. Very very clean circles. Secured nicely.

Pump duties handled by an ECO 185, which is plenty it seems. I put a 394 on there and it was too much!! So it ran for a few hours, came back and it is dry as a bone around the floor and the bucket's lip. Just a bit of moisture around some neoprene which is just the nature of the material. Overall I am happy with it!

BTW fellow Deep Water Culture, the cloner assembly with the legs.... I am GIVING AWAY! Just PM me. I am not selling it, I just made a bunch to try out and see what I like best, what fits my area and way I work around in it.
You'll need to buy EZ Cloner nozzles for it and a pump (might need bigger than 185 since there is more tubing. It is only for the PVC structure which was primed and glued properly. It can not be broken down, but you handle the postage (can't be but a few bucks) and you can have it only if you also promise to put it to good use!!! 2 nozzles holes are off center the TINIEST of bit, lower left leg you can see it if ya' look at it, but when tested everything still worked EXCELLENTE'!!! Let me know, glad to help out some. It's free.

Damn nice work man, you ought to be proud of yourself.

And your working on some pretty good karma there! Great job.

Good afternoon brother and sister Deep Water Culture. Figured I would give an update on the bag seed female runt I have in flower right now....she has been in flower for 28 days. I have no idea how long it will take till harvest, i suspect about 9 weeks total flower or so. Is it safe to say this is more sativa looking than indica? Anyhow, the plant was LSTed early on and my other excuse is my lack of skills and almost catching a involuntary plant slaughter charge in the process of growing this girl. She almost put a restraining order on me!!! lol

28 Days Flower:
000_04981.jpg

000_04972.jpg

000_04931.jpg

000_04961.jpg

000_04911.jpg

...wife would kill me if she knew her shower cap was in the picture. Women are weird. Shower caps?

Damn nice work man, you ought to be proud of yourself.

And your working on some pretty good karma there! Great job.

Thanks FPF. I'm amazed no one needs it and has asked yet! lol Go figure. Don't worry guys, I'm not gonna show up in a dark suit and glasses! :smokin: Anyhow... maybe didn't get that one? But yeh I am gonna make a veg unit too and just stick with the legless design for the sprayer for the square tub. Can't wait to use my 3 gallon cloner..... on that note btw, back to the grow-

March 21st/ Day 9:
Everything seems fine. Veg cab temp gets high unless AC is on. With it on temp stays around 80-84, depending on me and how I run it. Humidity runs 48 to 60%...has gotten as low as the 35%. I mist daily but very light since they are small.
**The Strawberry Blue is taking forever and upon close inspection the new leaves are stunted and deformed, I do however see a new set trying to come out that looks better. Maybe it has a different nute intake than the King's Kush. It will get it's own bucket here shortly upon more monitoring. It does have many roots coming out now though and they have hit water too.
**The King's Kush is doing great, nice growth, steady, good color. Roots on this girl are plenty and into the water in several spots.

Did a drain and replenish today.
PH: 6.10
PPM 459
No pics today.

March 22nd/ Day 10 Veg':

Cab Temp 82*
RH 46%
As of yesterday;
PH 6.10
PPM 459
Didn't check today yet.

Strawberry Blue:
000_0509.jpg

King's Kush:
000_0503.jpg

...it has a nice tint to the green, too bad it doesn't show in the pics. No biggie.

The Green House Seeds "White Widow" has spread wings and popped out. Took 2 days to come out of rockwool....
White Widow:
000_0507.JPG

So 3 strains going, lots of work ahead and some closet space to rearrange, a dresser to stealth out for bonsai moms. Whew!!! Never stops. :rollit:

I hear ya man, I am in the process of getting this huuuge armoire/off storage thing fro ma buddy getting a couple more UFO's and running like maybe like 20 Autoflowers. Sounds a lil bit crazy but nirvana had a crazy sale and ya I bought 20 seeds, hoping for the good ratio!

SG

PS get more humidity goin! 46 :(

I hear ya man, I am in the process of getting this huuuge armoire/off storage thing fro ma buddy getting a couple more UFO's and running like maybe like 20 Autoflowers. Sounds a lil bit crazy but nirvana had a crazy sale and ya I bought 20 seeds, hoping for the good ratio!

SG

PS get more humidity goin! 46 :(

Autoflowers sound like something i would be curious to try down the road. Yes I will get some wash cloths in there and try to bring that up. Thx SB

March 24th/ 12 Days Veg:

King's Kush:
This one is looking great so far and has great roots coming down. They have fully hit the water and are swimming. Leaves are very broad and have nice shape. *One odd thing: with the second true set of leaves the new stem coming up; one side of the new stalk is partly fused to the first set of leaves, kinda' webbed. You can tell it is suck together by looking at the angle in the pics. I was wondering why the new top was bent over a little bit and not up straight, looked and it was fused like I said. Thought about slicing it free but figured that would not be the wisest and seemed hap hazzard. I will just let it go. Any input on that?
000_05251.jpg

...KK roots....
000_05211.jpg

StrawberryBlue:
This plant is odd.Leaves are shaped strangley BUT Finally the newest set is looking more familiar. This was a troublsome plant to start. 2 seeds never made it out of 3.
000_05241.jpg

...SB roots (or "root" I should say)....
000_0522.jpg

J one of my girls started like that fork also, all of a sudden straightened up and is bigger now. Hoping yours turns out the same!

SG

jawasan, like all the toys and growing gadgets. Looks like someone got the green fever. Keep up the good work, happy growing. It is looking good.

J one of my girls started like that fork also, all of a sudden straightened up and is bigger now. Hoping yours turns out the same!

SG

Good to know. I kinda' figured it would want to straighten out eventually BUTthis morning I lightly touched it with a clean razor, just put it right up to it and hardly touched it....it popped free and is already starting to get straight. Soooooo, I guess it's fine.

Hey Frostybuds, thx for popping in. This time around will be better for sure. :) I plan on growing 3 mothers from these and keep them separated & bonsai....and always ready to give babies, kinda' getting things set up for a perpetual grow using bubbles AND Stinkbuds method on a smaller scale. About 3-4 weeks and it should be up and going.

Here is another pic of the girl in flower...and do not let this be any indication as to how well LEDs perform. I said it before and will again, this plant was a very mistreated plant in the beginning and is very small. Just 4 main branches coming off and nothing else and they were LSTed. Not much taller than a foot and a half maybe.
When looking close in person I can see plenty of trichs, more seems to show every other day. She drinks a half gallon or better each day as well... everything looks really healthy on her nowdays.... I just wish i would have had things dialed in when I had started and this would more than likely be a big beautiful bush of buds! But it has preparing me for what's coming up I suppose, so all is good no matter how she turns out.... It's the current crop coming up that is my most concern and joy! Anyhow, thx for looking....
000_05291.jpg

Here is another pic of the girl in flower...and do not let this be any indication as to how well LEDs perform. I said it before and will again, this plant was a very mistreated plant in the beginning and is very small. Just 4 main branches coming off and nothing else and they were LSTed. Not much taller than a foot and a half maybe.
When looking close in person I can see plenty of trichs, more seems to show every other day. She drinks a half gallon or better each day as well... everything looks really healthy on her nowdays.... I just wish i would have had things dialed in when I had started and this would more than likely be a big beautiful bush of buds! But it has preparing me for what's coming up I suppose, so all is good no matter how she turns out.... It's the current crop coming up that is my most concern and joy! Anyhow, thx for looking....
000_05291.jpg

Not bad looking at all!

SG

Kinda sounds like what i am going for besides the bonsai. I think that kind of growing is amazing, i am just way too rook to attemp any of that.:grinjoint:

Id like to get a mom or two outa my current 15 and flower any others while i make moms super bushy.:grinjoint:

Good start on the seeds man. That one single root is crazy. I had one not quite that long and 1 day it broke on me. Wasnt as bad as i thought, just kinda sucked. Keep hose buds a growing!!:grinjoint:

Not bad looking at all!

SG

I appreciate ya' being nice and all..... lol. I know you are being sincere so thanks SB. The current grow in veg' will make the LED crew proud.

Kinda sounds like what i am going for besides the bonsai. I think that kind of growing is amazing, i am just way too rook to attemp any of that.:grinjoint:

Id like to get a mom or two outa my current 15 and flower any others while i make moms super bushy.:grinjoint:

Good start on the seeds man. That one single root is crazy. I had one not quite that long and 1 day it broke on me. Wasnt as bad as i thought, just kinda sucked. Keep hose buds a growing!!:grinjoint:

Well these darn plants are tough in general, so even being a rookie I would say to still give it a shot.... and if you have plenty of bagseed there really isn't much to lose. Yeh I am just waiting for that long ass root to break. I do not even try to mess with it.... no more root pics till that gets bigger.

jaw -- nice grls keep it up , just poped in to say ello

Alway a pleasure to have ya' man. Thanks for checking in bro'. It will get better in due time. :)

Back
Top Bottom