SCROG Blue Dream CoCo 600 Watt HPS - Tiny Spindly Buds - Help!

Yeah, my second set of clones all came from the same plant. So essentially all my blue dream derive back from the single mother.

The blue dream was my first strain grown so until this run I've had nothing to compare it to. Now that I'm seeing the fat dense buds on my blueberry in comparison I think ill be picking some new seeds for the next run.

Yeah, my second set of clones all came from the same plant. So essentially all my blue dream derive back from the single mother.

The blue dream was my first strain grown so until this run I've had nothing to compare it to. Now that I'm seeing the fat dense buds on my blueberry in comparison I think ill be picking some new seeds for the next run.
Brother, are you in Canada?

Yeah in Canada Guy, living in Calgary currently.
Get your msgs up to 50 brother and then you can PM me. I'm sure we can help you out. I'm in Ontario.

As said already it’s a reveg thing. Ive had it happen a few times over the years. Always in veg when I was doing a lot of work on the room and kept going in there messing around during the dark periods of the 18/6 light cycle. Also one time I had my timer accidentally set to ‘random’. :eek:. I wouldn’t be surprised if a similar thing would happen if I was to interrupt the flowering light cycle too many times.
As I said in your other thread, it took forever to straighten out. In one case I just tossed all my plants in veg because they were still growing funky leaves after six weeks and the replacements I sprouted had overtaken them in size.
I’ve seen it happen on the forums quite a bit and it seemed take forever to straighten out in those cases as well. At this point I think you’d be best to either trim it down and put it back in the veg room to reveg and start all over again ( if you have a veg room). Or just chop it and use it for hash, or let it flower and then use it for hash/whatever. But you’re not going to get normal buds out of it, and it’s really a waste of electricity if you have another plant you can stick under there.

As said already it’s a reveg thing. Ive had it happen a few times over the years. Always in veg when I was doing a lot of work on the room and kept going in there messing around during the dark periods of the 18/6 light cycle. Also one time I had my timer accidentally set to ‘random’. :eek:. I wouldn’t be surprised if a similar thing would happen if I was to interrupt the flowering light cycle too many times.
As I said in your other thread, it took forever to straighten out. In one case I just tossed all my plants in veg because they were still growing funky leaves after six weeks and the replacements I sprouted had overtaken them in size.
I’ve seen it happen on the forums quite a bit and it seemed take forever to straighten out in those cases as well. At this point I think you’d be best to either trim it down and put it back in the veg room to reveg and start all over again ( if you have a veg room). Or just chop it and use it for hash, or let it flower and then use it for hash/whatever. But you’re not going to get normal buds out of it, and it’s really a waste of electricity if you have another plant you can stick under there.

Makes sense Weasel. I’m still not entirely sure what caused the re-veg.

At first I thought light leak, but I’m second gusssing now. I’m seeing the same type of growth (maybe slightly better) in the next generation I currently have in flower. I made sure there is no light leaks, growing in Vivosun tents and I don’t see any issues.

Can high humidity cause reveg? I’m using 3 4x4x8 tents in my basement and noticed my humidity rising to 60-70% and saw a bit of white mould starting on the lower tent walls. I have to keep the door closed, my cats are bigger fiends for Mary Jane than I am lol.

I’ve been combatting the problem by turning my furnace fan on to circulate air. It’s been at a consistent 40-50% RH for the last couple weeks.

I will keep em going until they finish and if I end up with another sparse thicket this harvest, it will just mean more hash I guess.

What’s that saying? When god gives you spindly buds, make hash? Hahah :D

No, high RH wouldn’t cause a reveg. It’s just based on the light cycle.
No light cycle interruptions? I’m thinking more of interruptions than leaks, but are you sure there aren’t any indicator lights on in there, on your power bars, etc?
Are you sure your light and timer are doing what you think they're doing? I’ve had bulbs and ballasts fail and turn on and off intermittently.
I now have indicator lights set up outside my grow that tell me when each ballast/timer is on or off. Too many times getting fooled about what was actually happening in there. Timers screw up fairly often.

Problems like this tend to happen more from changes in the cycle, whereas a constant light source/leak might be tolerated depending on the genetics.
Always a chance I’m wrong of course and it’s a genetic problem.

Your second round is a clone of the same BD?

I’ve just never seen anyone have this through genetics. But I have definitely seen what appears to be exactly this, caused by funky light cycles.

No, high RH wouldn’t cause a reveg. It’s just based on the light cycle.
No light cycle interruptions? I’m thinking more of interruptions than leaks, but are you sure there aren’t any indicator lights on in there, on your power bars, etc?
Are you sure your light and timer are doing what you think they're doing? I’ve had bulbs and ballasts fail and turn on and off intermittently.
I now have indicator lights set up outside my grow that tell me when each ballast/timer is on or off. Too many times getting fooled about what was actually happening in there. Timers screw up fairly often.

Problems like this tend to happen more from changes in the cycle, whereas a constant light source/leak might be tolerated depending on the genetics.
Always a chance I’m wrong of course and it’s a genetic problem.

Your second round is a clone of the same BD?

I’ve just never seen anyone have this through genetics. But I have definitely seen what appears to be exactly this, caused by funky light cycles.

My first harvest was 5 BD’s from seed, which turned out pretty well, I had about 300g of fluffy flower with plenty of trichromes.

Then Yes, now all are clones from original BD(except my blueberry was a freebie seed from true north). The photos at the top of this post were clones of my first BD. I have harvested and hung that thicket about 2 weeks ago.

I now have generation 3 about 40 days into flower with my blueberry
from seed. These are all cloned from the previous troubled group.

I’m REALLY seeing how sparse they are having the blueberry in there to directly compare to.

I’m pretty sure my timer and ballasts have been working as planned. My 12/12 runs from 10am-10pm and I don’t open the tents during the night periods. No LEDs in the tent of any kind. I do have a small area where my irrigation feed runs through the zipper, but it’s been sealed with duct tape and looks to be solid.

It’s easy to tell as my fans shut off at the same time, and I’ve not opened my tents to find the lights off when they shouldn’t be.

I feel that my blueberry would most likely show re-veg as well if a light leak was the case? It seems to be limited to the BD’s.

Not necessarily. I’ve had a timer screw up and stay on for four days and the only plant that revegged was a sativa that was directly under that light.
Not sure what to say at this point. It would be nice to know the cause so you can know what to do in future. But I think as far as this particular plant goes, in the end it amounts to almost the same thing. You’re not going to get much bud from that BD.

Not necessarily. I’ve had a timer screw up and stay on for four days and the only plant that revegged was a sativa that was directly under that light.
Not sure what to say at this point. It would be nice to know the cause so you can know what to do in future. But I think as far as this particular plant goes, in the end it amounts to almost the same thing. You’re not going to get much bud from that BD.

Ok makes sense! I assumed if it was environmental all the plants would react similarly, but I can understand there is variation between strains/location in tent etc.

Yeah I’m at a bit of a loss for the exact cause. I’m going to scrap this line of BD and grow something new for the next run. At least I will get some edibles and ice water hash out of it at the worst case.

Gen 4 is veggin, I have 3 clones of my blueberry and 3 of my stretchy BD which I may not follow through with flowering.

I’m hoping the powerful Guy Cavallero may have something helpful for me shortly :D:D

Hmm :hmmmm: well I feel i sorta went nowhere with this but hopefully it helped a little somehow. Good luck. Let us know, in the name of science, if you figure anything out.
:passitleft:

Hmm :hmmmm: well I feel i sorta went nowhere with this but hopefully it helped a little somehow. Good luck. Let us know, in the name of science, if you figure anything out.
:passitleft:

Hahha no sweat, it has absolutely helped me trying to narrow down what I suspect the issues could be.

Again really appreciate you takin the time to offer some insight. I’ll keep updating as I come to the end of flowering. Fingers crossed I’m just being paranoid about this generation and they’ll fatten up in the next couple weeks.

Cheers brother!

Ok makes sense! I assumed if it was environmental all the plants would react similarly, but I can understand there is variation between strains/location in tent etc.

Yeah I’m at a bit of a loss for the exact cause. I’m going to scrap this line of BD and grow something new for the next run. At least I will get some edibles and ice water hash out of it at the worst case.

Gen 4 is veggin, I have 3 clones of my blueberry and 3 of my stretchy BD which I may not follow through with flowering.

I’m hoping the powerful Guy Cavallero may have something helpful for me shortly :D:D
44 messages, lol.....6 to go! Come on, let's get some new girls in the ground!

Back
Top Bottom