Scrog

Monty Verde

Hi folks!

Im thinking about Scrog my next grow. Or well not me, my friends next grow. Since I never ever gonna break the law.

If one has a small room like 4*4 and the only entrence is thrue a little door how do one look after the plants? Once the grow upp thrue the net they seem to be ’stuck’ there?

He grows in soil.
As it is now he needs to take the plants out for watering and to take care of them. He think scrog is not going to work with this setup.

What do he need to do to make Scrog possible?

One thing I figuered out is that he have to build something so the runoff-water poring out to the door for collect.
Now he has a separate tray for each plant and he needs to empty these after watering. That is not possible with Scrog I guess.
And he needs to find something else to water with. Like a hose with a pump or so.

Or do I missunderstand how Scrog works?

Anyone scrog their garden and using soil and handwatering?

My situation is similar in that I have a fairly small door between my veg room and my flowering room. I don’t put the screens on until I put them into flowering. For my scrogs I make individual screens that stick in the pots. Basically, just aluminum shafts (old arrow shafts) jammed in the pots. The screens clamp onto the shafts about 10-12” up from the pot. You can use hose clamps or just wire them on with wire or pipe cleaners/whatever. The screens can be made forom any sort of mesh with 2-4” squares. Fencing, old crab traps, or various other materials work. I probably wouldn’t screen an entire 4x4 area with one screen as it would be awkward. But if done that way, a long necked watering can would be handy.

As for the drainage- I just built a drain into my floor. But a collection basin like a shower base, with or without a small electric pump, would seem like about the second best option

You need to be perfect during the whole grow, especially the early stages before you install netting so that you have access if something does require attention. Or, you can wait for my next grow and see what I'm going to do when I mainline a plant 5 or more times.

Think corner kitchen cabinets if you just hate not knowing what it is, don't want to be accused of click-baiting. It'd be a lot of typing and I'm pressed for my attention elsewhere, ATM. :cool:

Ok vacuum will work for water but I’m not goin to sit here n lie to u Scrogs are a pain in the ass but all well worth the hassle I have to get on my hands n knees to take care of my plants n there not even in soil that would b easy it’s all hydroponic

Back
Top Bottom