Second Grow Blue Rhino & White Widow

Holy crap!! Lol huge. I’d trim it down lol. Will just promote a more bushy structure. Nothing wrong with that.

i think that's what i'm gonna do. Thanks!

That's what I would do if it was gonna benefit more of my grow. Im pretty sure it's gonna feel like your doing something terribly wrong while your doing it though lol. Gotta do what you gotta do.

yeah i didn't do it yet i'm considering just cutting it into as many clones as i can. it's a beautiful plant and her mother is budding like a bloody champion right now.

Whatever you decide to do, definitely take clones while your doing it if you have room for them.

I have 4 strains going and trying to decide how to go about it lol. not gonna keep mothers but trying to figure out if i wanna do another mixed grow or just pack the tent with one strain this time. it's actually feeling like a stressful decision. Oh if only all my problems were like this one LMAO>

I completely understand, I get very attached to my plants. I would be horrible at selecting different phenos, I'd keep them all.

I'll do anything i can to keep them all. just have to figure out what works best for me. for real keeping a mother tent would be the best. keep them in hempys or water farm thing. but i'd need to buy a 3rd tent lol. soon maybe.

Get a tent. I usually grow autos just because they are generally smaller, not always but usually, but the 3 photoperiod plants I have in flower right now we're supposed to be tangerine dream autos. Long story short I bought a tent that I definatly don't have room for lol.

I almost did the same thing. had a hell of a time with the 5x5. lucky i didn't get the 6x6 or 4x8. i'd be in my living room haha

Feeling like the one Mars 480 in the 4x3 veg tent is not enough. especially with the c02 going. I have 4 led lights in the flower tent and getting tempted to take one for the veg tent. or just switch out the 480 for the 1200w phlizon light.
not sure if i want to lessen the light in the flower tent right now tho even if it's by a bit. trying to weigh it out, do i want better veg now or try finish the last 2 weeks of flower with as much light as i can.

Major Cloning effort under way. many more than i'll use but have 3 methods on the go and wanna see if one is better for me than the others.

the first thing is a little diy waterfarm style rdwc. but the clones are in rapid rooters sitting in little plastic cups full of holes. this method already worked for me in under 10 days had lots of roots. but this time it's taken much longer and i think it's because i had too much light on them. so i'm back to just the one cfl and a led facing up to add a bit but more to keep the little cubby hole warm.

next i'm trying just rapid rooters under a humidity dome. they've been there a couple days now and no wilting or drooping at all. i think they'll all take root, just not sure if it'll be as fast as the first method. If they all take and it's not too much more than a week for roots i'll just ditch the waterfarm gizmo.

then i have just a regular bubble cloner going. this is the one i'm really watching. I'd like to not have to use rapid rooters but if it's not as fast then i'm happy to stick to method 1 and just keep buying them when i need em.

I know the bubbler is tried and true, the reason i like cloning in rapid rooters is that i feel like the roots have that extra protection for transplant. I was 3 for 3 last try with method 1 and potting them was ezpz and they started to grow the next day.

Looking good! I’m curious to see how your experiment works out. I’ve always used the simple bubble cloner when doing it. Definitely tried and true.

I check them every day even tho i know most won't have even started them yet lol.. what's the average number of days for you?

I check them every day even tho i know most won't have even started them yet lol.. what's the average number of days for you?
7 days give or take a day. Sometimes they root insanely fast. I use a powder rooting hormone as well. Slice the the end in half about half an inch, dip in root powder and into the sleeves. From there, into net pots with clay balls.

7 days give or take a day. Sometimes they root insanely fast. I use a powder rooting hormone as well. Slice the the end in half about half an inch, dip in root powder and into the sleeves. From there, into net pots with clay balls.

I don't use any hormone. I wanna get it down without it. maybe the rapid rooters have something in them because my first attempt had roots in about 7 days.

Yeah I know what you mean. I’m impatient lol. A lot of the time with the powder I see roots in 4 days. Really curious about the tests you’ve got going. We’ll see !

i might have to get some powder then lol. 4 days would be a treat.

Feeling like they should be bigger and hoping for a growth spurt soon. really liking the super tight node spacing tho. feeding a little higher now.
1 armor si, 2 calimagic, 6 4 2 gro micro bloom, 5 florablend, 1 floralicious plus, in ml / gal it's about 1000 ppm.
gonna give them a nudge. this is the second day at that feed. i'll back off if i see any signs of burn.

blue rhinos in to the left and right, white widow is in the middle with the tag. they're all pretty much the same height so far.

2 of the clones in the waterfarm gizmo have a root poking out of the rapid rooter. should be a couple more days to plant them. these ones went in on the 5th. I had too much light and was too humid and hot for the first week and i think it slowed them down.

This should probably have been a separate thread lol.

Back
Top Bottom