Seed Inventory Tracking Document

EZCalyx

I just started tracking my seed inventory and added some other data. This helps keep things straight. I like to consider flowering time and Indica/Sativa %'s when growing different strains. I hope this helps someone else like it does for me. Please let me know if you have any ideas to improve it. Thanks for looking!

StrainBreederSupplierQtyratioFlowering Time DaysGenetic Lineage
Larry's Lemon OGGarden of Green SeedsHerbies550%I/50%S50-55SFV OG Kush x Ghost OG Kush
Wedding CakeOriginal Sensible SeedsHerbies480%I/20%S56-63Cherry Pie x Girl Scout Cookies
GelatoOriginal Sensible SeedsHerbies455%I/45%S60-65Sunset Sherbet x Girl Scout Cookies
ZkittlezOriginal Sensible SeedsHerbies460%I/40%S60-65Grandaddy Purple x Grapefruit x Afghan Kush
Gorilla GlueKera SeedsHerbies460%I/40%S58-63Chocolate Diesel x Chem Sister x Sour Dubb
Mimosa x Orange PunchBarney's FarmHerbies365%I/35%S55-60Mimosa Evo x Orange Punch
Gorilla ZkittlezBarney's FarmHerbies360%I/40%S55-65Gorilla Glue x Zkittlez
Girl Scout CookiesGarden of Green SeedsHerbies150%I/50%S55-60OG Kush x Durban Poison x Cherry Kush
Tropicana CookiesOni Seed Co.420530%I/70%S63-70Tangie x Girl Scout Cookies
DoSiDosArchive Seed Bank420570%I/30%S63-70OG Kush Breath x Face Off OG

Including known phenotypes and approximate percentage of each might be helpful.

initial cost per seed. it's good to know if the $50 seed performs or the $5 one kicks it's ass.

Including known phenotypes and approximate percentage of each might be helpful.

Hello TorturedSoul, I know what phenotypes are but what do you mean about "known phenotypes?" I know OG Kush Breath is a GSC phenotype. Do you just mean the strain name of the phenotype? Also, I've not heard of %'s of them.

initial cost per seed. it's good to know if the $50 seed performs or the $5 one kicks it's ass.

That is a good idea too, thanks. Herbies has decent prices but 420, dear buddha! All of those seeds better sprout.

I have added Dates of seed procurement and will add the cost per seed.

Too much Data is never a bad thing.

Data.png

Hello TorturedSoul, I know what phenotypes are but what do you mean about "known phenotypes?"

a phenotype is the individual expression of the seed. it can be more pronounced in hybrids, particularly individual structure, but even pure bred sativa or indica will express differences in cannabinoids, terpene levels, production, etc.

breeders in particular note these things, as it informs which plants to breed going forward. growers keep track, so they can keep a clone or mother plant from an exceptional pheno to keep growing.

Dates are important to me...even if i just write 6/22 to designate i made them june 2022.

my jars are lucky if they get the proper year put on it ... :cheesygrinsmiley:
i usually designate by season/yr .. something like fall/winter/ 21 .. or winter/spring 21/22. i have stuff 2+ yrs i still use.

the ages of my seed collection are lost to the mists of time lol :p

i know i've got some supposed special mandarin regs at least 15 yrs old from the breeder. i've got other stuff going back a decade or so. i don't honestly keep that many seeds though. i can grow 5 at a throw and i order seed packs in that amount. i don't always grow them at once though, and give many seeds away

I just started tracking my seed inventory and added some other data. This helps keep things straight. I like to consider flowering time and Indica/Sativa %'s when growing different strains. I hope this helps someone else like it does for me. Please let me know if you have any ideas to improve it. Thanks for looking!

StrainBreederSupplierQtyratioFlowering Time DaysGenetic Lineage
Larry's Lemon OGGarden of Green SeedsHerbies550%I/50%S50-55SFV OG Kush x Ghost OG Kush
Wedding CakeOriginal Sensible SeedsHerbies480%I/20%S56-63Cherry Pie x Girl Scout Cookies
GelatoOriginal Sensible SeedsHerbies455%I/45%S60-65Sunset Sherbet x Girl Scout Cookies
ZkittlezOriginal Sensible SeedsHerbies460%I/40%S60-65Grandaddy Purple x Grapefruit x Afghan Kush
Gorilla GlueKera SeedsHerbies460%I/40%S58-63Chocolate Diesel x Chem Sister x Sour Dubb
Mimosa x Orange PunchBarney's FarmHerbies365%I/35%S55-60Mimosa Evo x Orange Punch
Girl Scout CookiesGarden of Green SeedsHerbies150%I/50%S55-60OG Kush x Durban Poison x Cherry Kush
Tropicana CookiesOni Seed Co.420530%I/70%S63-70Tangie x Girl Scout Cookies
DoSiDosArchive Seed Bank420570%I/30%S63-70OG Kush Breath x Face Off OG
Been wanting to do one myself for a long time. along with that report I want to include a picture of it Or maybe copying from "seedfinders their information for each seed --Dam I need to start working on one now !!! alwsy nice to know whatyou have on hand - going to copy your "report" format !!!! Thanks and Peace

Hello TorturedSoul, I know what phenotypes are but what do you mean about "known phenotypes?"

As an example, the original/real Jack Herer strain, from Sensi Seeds, has four main phenotypes. Three of them are sativa type - but one is more Indica. Because sprouting a seed is a rolling of the dice, it's nice to have some idea what the possibilities, and the odds for each (if known) are before you germinate that seed. Not merely so that you can estimate the sort of buds you'll harvest, but also so you can plan your garden, e.g. size of the space, number of plants, possibly even style of growing them and amount of light.

Been wanting to do one myself for a long time. along with that report I want to include a picture of it Or maybe copying from "seedfinders their information for each seed --Dam I need to start working on one now !!! alwsy nice to know whatyou have on hand - going to copy your "report" format !!!! Thanks and Peace

That's a good idea. How about a hyperlink to the page the seed was purchased from? I might just add that because I do like referring to those pages from time to time.

Here's the latest. @safeman I just added hyperlinks to the pages where I purchased them from and used the Strain name column for the links. Thanks for that idea! I also added terpenes if known or flavor profile. I'd love to get actual terpene profiles for all of these. I added a formula to calculate total quantity on the bottom of the Qty column.
StrainBreederSupplierQtyratioFlower DaysGenetic LineageObtainedTerpenes/Flavors
Jun-22​
Pine, Lemon, Berry
Jun-22​
Sweet, Pepper, Earth
Jun-22​
Sweet, creamy :)
Jun-22​
Tropical Fruit, Sweet, Sour
Jun-22​
Sweet, Sour, Diesel
Jun-22​
Sweet, Citrus
Jun-22​
Fruity
Jun-22​
Wood, Fruity, Citrus
Oni Seed Co.420530%I/70%S63-70Tangie x Girl Scout Cookies
Jun-22​
Caryophyllene, Humulene, Limonene
Archive Seed Bank420570%I/30%S63-70OG Kush Breath x Face Off OG
Jun-22​
Linalool, Humulene, Limonene

I removed the two 420 links because I try to be a good little boy.

Hmm... I don't know how "bulky" you want to make the thing. But maybe a space to copy some of the text from the breeder's website, copied at the time of seed purchase? I know you've added a direct link to each entry - but having the description right there in your document might be convenient, in the same way that the parental information is. Also, breeders do end up changing their strains, from time to time (because they are wishing to improve them, they lost the parent plants due to a bust or other disaster, et cetera). Which could mean that a person might end up reading information on the strain's web page that is not entirely valid for the seeds they purchased in the past.

Some suggestions from someone who's been designing and building database applications for > 30 years.

Break out your compound values into single values. For example, change the "ratio" field to two fields "Indica %" and "Sativa %". That makes it easier to search and sort the data. With the two values glommed together it's not easy to search and sort. Storing the values in two fields will make things easier. Same with "Flower Days".

You might want to have a field to track "Photoperiod" or "Autoflower". "Type" isn't the right word for that but I don't know what

Make your names "stupid simple". "Obtained" - how about "Purchase Date" and that is, of course, different than "Date Received" and then there's "Shipping Time", which you'll probably want to add.

"Purchase Date" should be a date 7/14/2022. Adding the year allows you to search and sort more easily.

How about "Package Price" would be good and then might want to calculate "Price per Seed", too.

Hmm... I don't know how "bulky" you want to make the thing. But maybe a space to copy some of the text from the breeder's website, copied at the time of seed purchase? I know you've added a direct link to each entry - but having the description right there in your document might be convenient, in the same way that the parental information is. Also, breeders do end up changing their strains, from time to time (because they are wishing to improve them, they lost the parent plants due to a bust or other disaster, et cetera). Which could mean that a person might end up reading information on the strain's web page that is not entirely valid for the seeds they purchased in the past.
That's a good idea but I think for my needs is a bit bulky. The reason for this document is to strip out the important facts that I like to refer to. The online descriptions tend to get wordy with adjectives trying to sell the strain. I just need stats and facts and none of that fluff opinion stuff.

Some suggestions from someone who's been designing and building database applications for > 30 years.

Break out your compound values into single values. For example, change the "ratio" field to two fields "Indica %" and "Sativa %". That makes it easier to search and sort the data. With the two values glommed together it's not easy to search and sort. Storing the values in two fields will make things easier. Same with "Flower Days".

You might want to have a field to track "Photoperiod" or "Autoflower". "Type" isn't the right word for that but I don't know what

Make your names "stupid simple". "Obtained" - how about "Purchase Date" and that is, of course, different than "Date Received" and then there's "Shipping Time", which you'll probably want to add.

"Purchase Date" should be a date 7/14/2022. Adding the year allows you to search and sort more easily.

How about "Package Price" would be good and then might want to calculate "Price per Seed", too.

Good ideas, thanks. I added a "Type" column. Right now I am all about the Feminized seeds. I also split the I/S ratio into two columns. That is better for the eyes and the soul. The date I acquire them just needs to be general. Down to the exact date for me is meaningless. This inventory will most likely never get much larger than it is, although the July 19th - 25th @Herbies Seeds sale looks like it might be too good to resist.

any info will always help -- be nice to chart the genetics meaning what strains make-up the said strain. - guess one could use "seedfinders"

Like what you're doing here. I also love to create spreadsheets for everything, and have something similar. I think it's a great way to stay organized for growing, trading, breeding, etc.

1657898555497.png

FYI, the vial number corresponds to my storage system (pic below).

1657898658380.png

Awesome! I will add the cost/seed too. It looks like we're on the same page.

Thank you for all your ideas and input! I think it may be reaching its final form. Most common question asked on 420Mag: "Is it ready yet?" I think it's perfect and cannot think of anything else to add or change.

StrainBreederSupplierQtyCost/PerType% Indica% SativaFlower DaysGenetic LineageObtainedTerpenes/Flavors
Larry's Lemon OGGarden of Green SeedsHerbies5$5.44Feminized505050-55SFV OG Kush x Ghost OG Kush
Jun-22​
Pine, Lemon, Berry
Wedding CakeOriginal Sensible SeedsHerbies4$6.04Feminized802056-63Cherry Pie x Girl Scout Cookies
Jun-22​
Sweet, Pepper, Earth
GelatoOriginal Sensible SeedsHerbies4$7.05Feminized554560-65Sunset Sherbet x Girl Scout Cookies
Jun-22​
Sweet, creamy :)
ZkittlezOriginal Sensible SeedsHerbies4FreebieFeminized604060-65Grandaddy Purple x Grapefruit x Afghan Kush
Jun-22​
Tropical Fruit, Sweet, Sour
Gorilla GlueKera SeedsHerbies4FreebieFeminized604058-63Chocolate Diesel x Chem Sister x Sour Dubb
Jun-22​
Sweet, Sour, Diesel
Mimosa x Orange PunchBarney's FarmHerbies3$12.76Feminized653555-60Mimosa Evo x Orange Punch
Jun-22​
Sweet, Citrus
Gorilla ZkittlezBarney's FarmHerbies3$11.76Feminized604055-65Gorilla Glue x Zkittlez
Jun-22​
Fruity
Girl Scout CookiesGarden of Green SeedsHerbies1FreebieFeminized505055-60OG Kush x Durban Poison x Cherry Kush
Jun-22​
Wood, Fruity, Citrus
Oni Seed Co.4205$19.80Feminized307063-70Tangie x Girl Scout Cookies
Jun-22​
Caryophyllene, Humulene, Limonene
Archive Seed Bank4205$21.80Feminized703063-70OG Kush Breath x Face Off OG
Jun-22​
Linalool, Humulene, Limonene

Those dang 420 seeds better be popping magic.

Back
Top Bottom