Seedling help

BB0420

Hello,

I’m still having issues with my seedlings. I just put in my hydro system Thursday night. They were completely fallen over in their seedling dome in rock wool cubes. After planting them into my hydro the bottom of the cubes were dry. I have been top watering both days through my grow stones.Here are known problems today my humidity was 17% I’ve since got my humidifier in tent sent at 60%. So I’ve had low humidity. The leaves look fine? This is my first grow with these qb96Elites. I’m able to pull 1000 watts. In the beginning I had my lights turned down to low at only 970 Lux right now I’m between 9500-10,500 lux. At this point I’m sitting here thinking what on earth is going on. Is it my findings of lack of water at the root area of the rock wool cube at the bottom or my low humidity problems since removing from seedling done on Thursday...

any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20068056-CAFB-48A0-BE36-F9B12087437B.jpeg
    20068056-CAFB-48A0-BE36-F9B12087437B.jpeg
    505.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 847E6E10-770C-4AD6-B6B1-3F1AB20A8420.jpeg
    847E6E10-770C-4AD6-B6B1-3F1AB20A8420.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 2D48E7F6-0725-4D5E-B746-D2CC88FC8051.jpeg
    2D48E7F6-0725-4D5E-B746-D2CC88FC8051.jpeg
    522.3 KB · Views: 80
  • D5BE0E74-346C-4B2A-8AF7-D808B0889BDA.jpeg
    D5BE0E74-346C-4B2A-8AF7-D808B0889BDA.jpeg
    517.8 KB · Views: 76
Hello,

I’m still having issues with my seedlings. I just put in my hydro system Thursday night. They were completely fallen over in their seedling dome in rock wool cubes. After planting them into my hydro the bottom of the cubes were dry. I have been top watering both days through my grow stones.Here are known problems today my humidity was 17% I’ve since got my humidifier in tent sent at 60%. So I’ve had low humidity. The leaves look fine? This is my first grow with these qb96Elites. I’m able to pull 1000 watts. In the beginning I had my lights turned down to low at only 970 Lux right now I’m between 9500-10,500 lux. At this point I’m sitting here thinking what on earth is going on. Is it my findings of lack of water

So it's a DWC rig and the net pots are dry.... how big is your air pump? A weak pump, or not using enough air stones will hinder your bubble action. It's the popping bubbles that keeps your roots moist. You can also raise your water level so the gap to the net cups is shorter. I don't recognize your grow media. This is just an opinion, but the larger "rocks" will allow your roots to dry faster. If the roots have dried, especially the tap root. it may be a while before you see the plants take off. Gen Hydro makes an additive called Rapidstart. It's an amazing root builder similar to House And Garden's Root Excellurator but much cheaper. If you aren't worried about price, Root Excellurator is truly amazing, but make sure you get the silver bottle for hydro... don't get the gold bottle. It's not uncommon to top water young plants till they are stable, as you know, it's just getting to the point where they are self sufficient. You may want to cover the top of you net cups to lock in as much moisture as possible. I find aluminum foil works well for this since you will be top watering for a short period of time. Once the plants are established you shouldn't need to top water or the foil

If you are alarmed that your seedlings fell over. Its fairly common to see brand new seedlings laying over a bit. Sometimes they stretch faster then they grow and get a little top heavy. Poor lighting, or a improperly planted seed can make this worse. This isn't a long term problem and can usually be sorted out in a few days. You can prop up your seedling with one of your rocks if it's an issue.

I'm sure youve heard me brag all about my system. If you would like to see how I run my air I'll be happy to brag some more. I hope my rambling was a help to you.

Dude. Those lights are sick. I've been patiently waiting to see these things work. It will be fun to see how they do. Cheers

Hey man! What's going on!!? Are your plants still alive? Or, did you kill them? Are they with the great beyond? Are they pushing up daisys? Did they go tits up? Are they better kindling than houseplant? I just gave a moment of silence for your poor, poor plants.

Back
Top Bottom