Seedling pointing up

The nute companies give a schedule based on how plants grow, light at first then more heavily. By you imposing your own additional tweaks you are circumventing what they have determined to be successful.

You should probably just follow their recommendations.
The overwatered plant is also praying today. 1 ques about chemical Nutes: how often is one supposed to feed? I saw somewhere that it is advised to follow a FWWF cycle. Every 4th feed is Nutes, with plain water in between. And how do I plan a schedule with a mix of organic and inorganic Nutes?

The overwatered plant is also praying today. 1 ques about chemical Nutes: how often is one supposed to feed? I saw somewhere that it is advised to follow a FWWF cycle. Every 4th feed is Nutes, with plain water in between. And how do I plan a schedule with a mix of organic and inorganic Nutes?
FWWF does not equal every fourth being nutes..... F = nutes W = water. FWWF would be the same as FFWW.

I see FWFW more often for soil.

The nute company should have a schedule somewhere on their website to anser the "how often"question. And, mixing organic and not? I only grow with organics so no idea.
Any idea what’s causing this discolouration? Light burn?

7AA3AC72-AD71-4E63-9973-B528B0D1D30C.jpeg

7AA3AC72-AD71-4E63-9973-B528B0D1D30C.jpeg
What changed with your light before you started noticing the color change?

And it's only the very top growths so I would think it's maybe one of the non-mobile elements and could be an excess of one thing locking out another. So also tell us about your nutes. I think you said you were mixing and matching synthetic and organics so we'll need to know more about that.

I only grow with organics so no idea.

i thought you used nutes. there's a world of difference between a water only grow and a bottle nute grow. bottle nutes can be 'organically derived', but it's never an "organic" grow by definition. true organic grows add nothing to the soil but water.

looks like you are due for a nute bump. a change in light intensity might have helped bring it on. nothing to worry.

i thought you used nutes. there's a world of difference between a water only grow and a bottle nute grow. bottle nutes can be 'organically derived', but it's never an "organic" grow by definition. true organic grows add nothing to the soil but water.
I only used them when I was trying a perlite Hempy grow.

I guess the purists would say organics is all of the elements needed for the grow are already in the pot and the microbes break it down and feed it to the plant. My pots are way too small to sustain a grow thru the end so I have to revert to other methods to supply the elements needed along the way. I do that with top dressings of worm castings, malted barley, neem, karanja and crustacean meals and a few of my Jadam extracts.

I'm not a purist by the true definition I guess. But I don't really care about that. I just want to grow healthy, happy plants in the most natural way I can, since it is medicine for me and the less chemical inputs, the better.

What changed with your light before you started noticing the color change?

And it's only the very top growths so I would think it's maybe one of the non-mobile elements and could be an excess of one thing locking out another. So also tell us about your nutes. I think you said you were mixing and matching synthetic and organics so we'll need to know more about that.
The plant has received only 1 round of chem Nutes. Otherwise it’s just regular potting soil with worm castings and manure.

The plants were brought slightly closer to the LED bulb.
looks like you are due for a nute bump. a change in light intensity might have helped bring it on. nothing to worry.
Explain Nute bump please?

I only used them when I was trying a perlite Hempy grow.

I guess the purists would say organics is all of the elements needed for the grow are already in the pot and the microbes break it down and feed it to the plant. My pots are way too small to sustain a grow thru the end so I have to revert to other methods to supply the elements needed along the way. I do that with top dressings of worm castings, malted barley, neem, karanja and crustacean meals and a few of my Jadam extracts.

I'm not a purist by the true definition I guess. But I don't really care about that. I just want to grow healthy, happy plants in the most natural way I can, since it is medicine for me and the less chemical inputs, the better.

there's a few guys doing this. @Bill284 's coco recipe is a similar idea. there are loads of folk using organic amendments in alternate media.

we need a better descriptor for the approach. i see a number of folk being very successful with their own recipes incorporating different organic sources.

The plant has received only 1 round of chem Nutes. Otherwise it’s just regular potting soil with worm castings and manure.

The plants were brought slightly closer to the LED bulb.

Explain Nute bump please?

it wants to be fed.

let us know a bit more about your media and nute line. it's probably time to start on a regular feeding schedule.

we need a better descriptor for the approach. i see a number of folk being very successful with their own recipes incorporating different organic sources.
I make my own grow mix with a leaf mold base instead of CSPM or coco. It seems to last about 6 weeks before running out of gas which was fine when I was up-potting right before flip, but now growing in SIPs, I veg right in the final container so I'm still working out the kinks with that, hence my various amendments.

Chem nutes and organic amendments feed the plant thru very different methods and I'm not sure they're all that compatible. I think you should pick a side and stay true to it. Otherwise you could get weird plant reactions that might be hard to diagnose and correct.

Chem nutes and organic amendments feed the plant thru very different methods and I'm not sure they're all that compatible. I think you should pick a side and stay true to it. Otherwise you could get weird plant reactions that might be hard to diagnose and correct.

azi is right. one can literally kill the other kaput. you won't see it. choose one method and stick with it.

azi is right. one can literally kill the other kaput. you won't see it. choose one method and stick with it.
it wants to be fed.

let us know a bit more about your media and nute line. it's probably time to start on a regular feeding schedule.

I grow these in Potting soil mixed with perlite, vermicompost, manure and at a later stage, bonemeal.

The preferred organic liquid feed is Seaweed extract and a flower booster.

I’ve been thinking of mixing chem Nutes only every now and then if I discover any deficiencies. I noticed my young plants showing these discolourations and fed it maybe 2 doses of Grow-Micro-Bloom combo. Doses were as per mfg instructions.

I don’t intend to use chemical Nutes in the longer run. Only want to use them as a band-aid and a booster once in a while. This way, I also hope that I don’t destroy the soil ecosystem or cause any nutrient toxicity.

Eg if the plants do stabilise and stop showing any deficiency, then I’ll probably stay off chem Nutes till late veg and then provide a couple of doses of bloom stage doses to help transition to flower.

I would be happy to stay off chem Nutes completely, as long as the plants are healthy and show good, vigorous growth.

Back
Top Bottom