Seeds: Hermaphrodite Seeds

I would NOT use seeds from a hermie. It does not mean they definitely aren't good, but if the plant was prone to hermie, it's likely passed that trait on in it's genetics. I would use those seeds only as a "last resort", or better yet, not use them at all! ;)

:Namaste:

K

But you won't know unless you grow them. Like a feminized seed if the plant is stress at the end of flower it can produce male flowers and polinate the plant and the resulting seeds could be all female or a mix. Some breeders prefer natural stressing to produce female seeds instead of CS or STS. Watch adam dunn with bodhi he says grow them and find out. Could be the next Gorilla Glue.
Peace OG

Can anybody please tell me if seeds from a plant that became hermi from either flowered to long or light leaked in.
Are the seeds any good at all???

Short answer is, No. I had a purple haze hermi on me from light leaks, and produced hundreds of seeds, i grew said seeds out over three seperate seasons and all of the 12 seeds i planted hermied, and with very little stress to induce it. Toss em out and get good, solid genetics, it's not worth the headaches. I'm with @Mr. Krip on this one.

Short answer is, No. I had a purple haze hermi on me from light leaks, and produced hundreds of seeds, i grew said seeds out over three seperate seasons and all of the 12 seeds i planted hermied, and with very little stress to induce it. Toss em out and get good, solid genetics, it's not worth the headaches. I'm with @Mr. Krip on this one.

I 100% agree on good genetics, but the light leak I don't buy nor ever will. When outside is night 100% black out dark. You guys loose me with this one here.
OG

I 100% agree on good genetics, but the light leak I don't buy nor ever will. When outside is night 100% black out dark. You guys loose me with this one here.
OG

What do you not "buy" about light leaks?

OG

Light leaks were from every window and door in the room, only had about 3 hours of total darkness, no ventilation, no regular water/feed, so likely it was more stresses than just light leaks.
But good genetics is a game changer...

OG

They are talking about indoor light leaks.. can't compare an indoor stressed out environment with ol mother... But I also agree, light leaks get blamed for basic grower error or environmental error, in stressing their plants out....

I've never had a light leak issue myself my problem is genetics. I have heard alot of people talk about light leaks, but that would normally cause reveg way before hermie imo.

Mother nature has a light leak every night brother , every single night
OG

It's not the same. If you're not convinced you can hermie a plant with light, I'm pretty sure I can help you prove it to yourself! Not going to do it with one of my plants, though! ;)

Bad genetics make them more prone to hermie.

Hermi seed... 20 years all that I grew.. not seed from buds full of seed but seed from good bud where a seed was found.. good plants, never grew bannana trees. Found more issues with breeders beans if I'm honest.. but now, personally, no need to grow unknown seed, as I have seed and strains to grow out that will exceed this lifetime :rofl:

I've never had a light leak issue myself my problem is genetics. I have heard alot of people talk about light leaks, but that would normally cause reveg way before hermie imo.

They would reveg if the leak was constant so they didn't get 12 hours of dark. It's when the plant goes rapidly in & out of veg/flower that they hermie. Once it goes into reveg, you need to wait until it starts throwing 5-fingered leaves again before you go back into flower.

I don't know a lumen, par reading. Or uml or whatever is being measured for light in your particular grow is still kust that weather man made or by the stars or moon. They have been exposed to it for thousands of years. No need on showing me my veg and flower tents sit about 7 inches from each other both tents are about 7 or 8 years old , numerous pin hole and zipper /side vent leaks flower shuts off at 9pm veg at 3am. Zero issue with intersexing, flower temps in the summer here in Cali over 100 degrees most of the summer with low humidity and light leaks no intersexing. Buy a $200 pack from Archive and bam first three females intersex 21 days into flower. Tried two more this run no intersex issues thus far, same exact setup and around 32 days flower now. Every grower will at some point, or maybe not, finds what works for them out of the tons of info they ingest on this plant. Some is kept and some is tossed. If you believe it gets you to where you want to be in your grow and your happy with the end product, it matters not what anyone else says or does. Grow on everyone. There are many roads to Dank.
Peace OG

I'm not sure what you mean by this :hmmmm::

Or uml or whatever is being measured for light in your particular grow is still kust that weather man made or by the stars or moon.

This does not mean you can't hermie a plant with light:

my veg and flower tents sit about 7 inches from each other both tents are about 7 or 8 years old , numerous pin hole and zipper /side vent leaks flower shuts off at 9pm veg at 3am. Zero issue with intersexing, flower temps in the summer here in Cali over 100 degrees most of the summer with low humidity and light leaks no intersexing. Buy a $200 pack from Archive and bam first three females intersex 21 days into flower.

This I agree with 420% :high-five: (see Item #1 in the What The Good Growers Already Know: Top 5 Lessons For New Growers link in my signature!):

Every grower will at some point, or maybe not, finds what works for them out of the tons of info they ingest on this plant. Some is kept and some is tossed. If you believe it gets you to where you want to be in your grow and your happy with the end product, it matters not what anyone else says or does. Grow on everyone. There are many roads to Dank.
Peace OG

That being said, we should not argue about science. Some plants are more prone to hermie than others, however, either one of us can take a plant that is NOT prone to hermie and hermie it with light stress. Your plant were just not exposed to enough light, for long enough during the dark period, to revert them back to veg (or, they're auto's! :rofl: ).

If you want to experiment, try doing 3 days of 12/12, then switch to 3 days of 18/6, then back to 3 days of 12/12, etc. for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

It's the reverting back & forth from veg to flower that causes the hermie. Most healthy plants can withstand some brief interruptions in the dark cycle, but once they have enough light for long enough to go into re-veg, if you don't put them back under 18+ hours of light (24/0 is better for a reveg!), they have a very high risk of hermying.
:Namaste:

Ok so from wat I’m getting maybe I should try grow some exspecially the the few seeds I’ll get from wat ever crossed with my lemon.

Going back now it could only be 1 or 2 things light leek from leaving my garage light on (maybe a dozen times thru flower) or I did get spider mite and some little black bug on 1 plant and only 1 plant now this was a plant I thought was male so I put it out the back for 2 weeks then I realised it was a female so I put it back in with the others but only the last 3 weeks I noticed and treated spidermite by the time the apidermite had cleared is when I spotted a sack of seeds on that plant and then I flushed them all for 3 days and then I spotted a few seeds on most if not all plants except the lemon it wasn’t until I fully harvest everything is that I spotted a few seeds on my lemon a few days later I pulled her down she is still drying but I might use those seeds one time just to see wat I get.

Thanks guys I always take everything in.

I had some seeds show up on some outdoor Northern Light autos this summer. Very strange because I never found any male pollen sacs. No idea where other pollen might have come from.

In any case I have allowed the seeds to mature, and Ill try to sprout them in the spring. If I get a few more seeds that will be great.

Back
Top Bottom