Senor_Spliff 1st Grow Grand Daddy Purple

There all GDP so they should have all of gotten burned but some didn't. The new fan dropped the temp a few degrees but its taking my humidity down way too far. I put in a humidifier and when the lights are on it sucks it down between 30 and 35%. The tops of the soil are staying moist so i dont know whats up. Maybe the new mylar walls are doing something to it?? When the lights are off its fine right at 52% So i bought another humidifier and im going to run two tonight. Im also going to install an intake fan instead of just leavin the door cracked. I think the furnice in the apt is drying out the air. If i had money i would have a controller to run the fan at intervels. I think its just too big for the room. Im too high to be typing this i can barely work the computer :passitleft:

So with the extra humidifier going it brings it up to exactly 50 percent humidity. I leave a little space between the mylar boards and it gets sucked in right next to them. 2 humidifiers makes the place look like a jungle scene from a movie or cheezy science lab in a movie. Almost got the new intake fan set up this morning but the grow light went out at 9am(bedtime for the girls) so i had to cover up my window and bounce leavin the door cracked. Ill take some pics tonight of the set up tonight. That room is a perfect grow room its a walk in closet in a walk in closet?!?!?!? Weird ass rooms in these old buildings in SF. Soon as my girl and I got the apartment We walked in the apartment and looked at the closet and were like yeah this will do its big enough then we take a look to the left and were like what? This closet has a closet?!?!? AND it has a window to the outside!?!?! Next grow will be 24 clones sea of green style under 2 400 watters. 24 plants is the limit in SF per card so its just perfect for that room. My girl is going to go for her card this summer and were going to turn the first entry closet into part flower room part veg. Making a total of 48 plants. 24 plants harvested one month 12 the next. The veg room vegging the plants to replace the harvested ones. Pretty dope! Ill veg for 3 weeks giving the veg room a week break a month and using it as the drying room. It will be completely sealed off from the apartment making it totally stink free. So 3 400 watters total and I want to get one of those ufo's for the veg room to cut down on power. Ill be smokin like snoop dogg soon enough!!!!

I suggest you allow clones to root well before putting them in dirt.
Takes 1 week. Use root food. Allow them to dry out which encourages roots to grow. Very mild gro-mix during this process. Goal is to get large root ball.
Keep them warm. Check PH.

I would use the 2" square cubes and make them explode out of the bottom before transfer. Then they will be ready for 12-12 bloom.

I bought them i didn't cut them myself and like I said i wanted weed quick for a camping trip. If i can get 3 ounces from this grow i will be happy and it will pay off all the equipment i bought. Next grow is 24 clones with 2 400 watters I want atleast a pound from that. But for now its just practice cause the more you grow the more you know. I want that bomb quantity and quality next time you feel me.

day 22. The girls seem happy with the new mylar walls and there (Guts) are getting fat. They haven't really gotten much taller just thickening up. The room is starting to smell pretty nice. Ill chop off the yellow leaves tonight. Other than my intake fan breaking and being ridiculously loud everything is good. stilll got about 38 days left. I cant wait to start the next grow wooo.
day221.JPG

new fan cant put holes in the walls so i mcgyvered it.
fan6.JPG

shaniqua
shaniqua.JPG

shaniquas guts
week3bud.JPG

Thanks pan I expect some pretty decent smoke. The temp and humidity are pretty much right on 77 degrees and 50% humidity all the time. If i had time i wish i coulda vegged them like 2 or 3 weeks. But its all right i guess as it is now ill probably be curing them in jars in my backpack during the camping trip! Nothing like being in the outdoors with some good buddies and some good buds.

I am also growing 3 GDP clones 2 purple urkles and 1 haze in another location, I have a question about one of the GDP plants.
They are now in flowering and they are all about 14 inches tall one of them is turning a weird red color like a maroon but it is as healthy as can be does anyone know what's goin on here?
I would take a picture but I do not own a camera nor would I post it because you never know who's reading.
But feedback would be greatly appreciated.
And by the way the Sr. Spliff nice looking clones you got there they look like they are gonna come out very nice :peace: :bong:

The whole plant turning red?? im not quite sure, ive heard of red stems which im pretty sure is a deficiency. Im not really sure because you would think if it happened to one gdp clone it would happen to the others. The gdp seems to be kinda finnicky. Next ill probably go with something mixed with northern lights.

Hi Senor_Spliff
I also have a low Rh enviroment, i use 1 humidifier on all the time and two more during day, gives me a stable 45-50%. I was adviced on this site to lower humidity during heavy budding to 30-40% to promote resinproduction, just thought id pass the info to you :)
Your buds look good :grinjoint: think youre gona have a good campingtrip in mother nature.

in jorge cervantes book it says to keep it at 50% so im keepin it there. I think at 30% you might dry your plants out but im no expert.

Here's the girls on day 25 . This is their first watering with nutes since the burn a while back. I used less this time and will wait to see what happens.
day251.JPG

Here is lawfanda she is lookin pretty good
lafawnda2.JPG

Here is shaniquas top bud
shaniqua2bud.JPG

overall i think there getting some okay growth. They're about halfway done with a little over 30 days or so left. Im already getting the stuff together for the next real grow where i will vegg 24 clones till they are about 10 inches or so tall.

There looking great nice bud formation.:cool:
I wish I find could some urkel seeds. I don't have any purple strains.:smokin:

Pan4

Yeah the buds seem to be doing pretty good. still got more than a month left so i hope they gain some weight. Next grow im not goin purple I dont think. If i could get my hands on some blackberry clones I would be very happy. I didn't pick grand daddy just for the color ive smoked it before and i loved the flavor. Seems people just like purple strains for no reason likes its cool to smoke only purple. I dont care as long as it gets me nice and lifted. You know what would work best in a sog grow Pan4? I only want to give them about a square foot each to grow so i know I cant veg them too long or they will be battling for space. with a card in San fran you can only have 24 plants or 25ft of canopy so i want to pack 24 plants into that small area.

some of the plants got a little burnt from the nutes they are very sensitive I guess. But overall everything is good. Lafawnda and Shaniqua seemed to like it a lot and put on a lot more trichomes it seems. Ill take some pics tonight.

Here they are on day 28 they all grew about an inch or so over the week mainly just thickening up.
day281.JPG

here is shaniquas bud. bottom right plant
week4bud.JPG

Here are some turtles i saw on my walk!
turts.JPG

Looking real nice bro,
Keep up the good work. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom