Setup for a 400 w hps?

jimmynorton

i have a sun system 2, 400w hps light i would like to know everything i would need for atleast 6 plants, and that would hold my light. ( grow tent ,and size ,fans ,hoses ,filters everything, but also at a reasonable price. the grow tent would go into a 12 foot by 12 foot room and 8 feet high that has central air conditioning if that info helps. :thanks: and i will be doing soil grows

Re: setup for a 400 w hps????

A 400 watt hps would be good for a 3x3 tent or 3x4 approximately. You might be able to push the size a bit more, but you'll see lower yields. There are way too many options for fans. Filters are optional. Fox farm nutes and soil are a good choice.

Just build a box out of plywood (or MDF) with some 2x3s along the edges. Then line with panda plastic and paint the outside. Then you can alter it with holes any way you like. Put 2x3 on the inside all the way around one of the sides about 2" in from the edges. Then put marine gasket (look at Home Depot where the weatherstripping is) on the inside side along that lip. Then that whole side can be a door (gate hinges on the outside), and a couple hasps should work well as latches, allowing you to seal it airtight.

As for what you need, materials-wise besides that, it depends on how you intend to grow and how many stages of growth you intend to accommodate at a time in there.

Put a small carbon filter on 4" ducting. The other end goes to one of the ventilation flanges on the light. From the other side of the light connect a small inline fan and then duct out. This should cool the light, circulate the air, and minimize odor. The intake should be a hole, low and 2-3 inches in diameter. The idea is for there to be a better exhaust than intake so that you maintain partial vacuum at all times. A tiny reciprocating fan inside would be stellar.

Use lathe to hold down the panda plastic so it doesn't collapse on everything on the inside. Make it airtight with foil tape. Avoid wrinkles and really flatten the ones you make. Every edge is sealed so that it is seamless panda and tape as much as possible. Just tape over the lathe entirely.

Provide screw hooks and chain to hang the light. Get small chain. Attach a power strip to the wall up somewhere high - you'll want it.

Other than a timer for the lights and whatever you need for your grow style, I can't think of anything at the moment. Anyone else think of anything?

Back
Top Bottom