She’s gone bonsai!

I have been LSTing any branch I could to get more light inside the main body. I trimmed her up taking some branches with lots of little buds off to give more room and energy to the ones left. I am amazed at how many buds she had and still has. I now have them on a decreasing light schedule (lights off 30 min more each week to mimic fall)

I have been LSTing any branch I could to get more light inside the main body. I trimmed her up taking some branches with lots of little buds off to give more room and energy to the ones left. I am amazed at how many buds she had and still has. I now have them on a decreasing light schedule (lights off 30 min more each week to mimic fall)
Can you tell us more about your decreasing light schedule idea? I’m biased toward anything that imitates nature. So where do you start and how do you finish?

Can you tell us more about your decreasing light schedule idea? I’m biased toward anything that imitates nature. So where do you start and how do you finish?
So I read an article about gas lantern ( also called green lantern ) method
right as you are switching to 12/12 you have 1 hour on in the middle of the 12 hour off cycle. This gets the bloom hormones all pumped and ready but won’t allow full flower because the 12 off was interrupted. After 2 weeks you remove the 1 hour on now giving them the full 12 off. The pre buds were all over the plant just waiting for that extra hour.
After 2 weeks you decrease the light on by 30 min and reduce it 30 min each consecutive week I do it on Sunday just so I don’t forget. This will leave them with about 9 hours of light at final which has the plant believing it is fall. It in turn produces higher amounts of hormones trying to get a male to pollinate before time runs out.

I am in a mix of indicating and Sativa the Sativa get pissy cause they run a little longer. Better to stay on one side and not stress the others not quite ready to finish. I will try and find that article again and post it. It was very interesting and had pictures giving credence to the claims.

So I read an article about gas lantern ( also called green lantern ) method
right as you are switching to 12/12 you have 1 hour on in the middle of the 12 hour off cycle. This gets the bloom hormones all pumped and ready but won’t allow full flower because the 12 off was interrupted. After 2 weeks you remove the 1 hour on now giving them the full 12 off. The pre buds were all over the plant just waiting for that extra hour.
After 2 weeks you decrease the light on by 30 min and reduce it 30 min each consecutive week I do it on Sunday just so I don’t forget. This will leave them with about 9 hours of light at final which has the plant believing it is fall. It in turn produces higher amounts of hormones trying to get a male to pollinate before time runs out.

I am in a mix of indicating and Sativa the Sativa get pissy cause they run a little longer. Better to stay on one side and not stress the others not quite ready to finish. I will try and find that article again and post it. It was very interesting and had pictures giving credence to the claims.
BTW... I am NO expert by ANY stretch of the mind. I am just throwing it out there as interesting and what I’m doing to cure my curiosity wether end result is right or wrong it is good for my mind. This way I can pursue my next curiosity.... fluxxing. That one is crazy and I might do gas lantern and decreasing schedule on them depending on results.
Look into slow and low on this forum as that is a life changer...!
Huge thanks to ALL of the contributors...!!!! A special thanks to Light addict... Sweet sue... Pennywise... Dr zigggy! Your willingness and love for this community is woven through MANY threadsTHANK YOU is too small a word‼️

Back
Top Bottom