Droopy leaves with pics: any ideas?

ha! Thats exactly wat i pretend mine is! Say its for wood working so the big filter sticking out is for wood dust not weed smell!!!
Great minds.:rofl: Only hesitation is putting in the effort and expense then having the possibility of having to rip it all down to move again if this landlord decides to sell too. The joys of renting.

yeah i do like to keep to some sort of schedule so they all get feed togetha! prob not best way but i like to kiss... keep it simple stupid!!

so what nutes n soil r u using?!?

im using gold label special mix soil and the Dutch Pro range for autoflowers
Currently using @Prescription Blend. I've used biobizz, megacrop, @GeoFlora Nutrients and amendments from a UK company called Living Soil. Had good results with all of them. Always used biobizz light mix soil. Always available at the local hydro shop and does the job.

Great minds.:rofl: Only hesitation is putting in the effort and expense then having the possibility of having to rip it all down to move again if this landlord decides to sell too. The joys of renting.
to be fair i think my room only cost bout £300 or less?!?
10 sheets of osb board n a load of 2 X 4 for b&q!
Ive even got the inside sectioned off so its a room within a room within a room / shed!!
Def worth the cost as ive gone from an 80cm X 80cm tent to a 1m X 3m room
N as its only board screwed togetha can b taken down if needs be!

Currently using @Prescription Blend. I've used biobizz, megacrop, @GeoFlora Nutrients and amendments from a UK company called Living Soil. Had good results with all of them. Always used biobizz light mix soil. Always available at the local hydro shop and does the job.
ive used the biobizz nutes Worked well!
My hydro shop carries bout 4 different makes of soil but always recommends gold label
Prob jus over stocked!

Hello!
Hope everybodys having a nice chilled start to their wknd! (10amish sat here)

Had a look last nite n took a few pic n jus gone n took so more now
soooo.... update time!

The changes i made yesterday were
lowered humidity from 60 - 65% to 45 - 50%
lowered light output by around 10%
lowered day temp to 22 from 25

Took a few pics bout 10pm last nite
Light times are on at 4pm off at 10am 18/6

20220211_220208.jpg
20220211_220216.jpg
20220211_220220.jpg
20220211_220240.jpg

as they were looking so much better (THANK U EVERONE FOR YOUR HELP AND COMMENTS YESTERDAY!!)
i raised the light back to its original output (+10%)

these are the pics i took this morning

20220212_092728.jpg
20220212_092734.jpg
20220212_092738.jpg
20220212_092746.jpg
20220212_092752.jpg
20220212_092752.jpg
20220212_092801.jpg
20220212_092811.jpg
20220212_092823.jpg
20220212_092811.jpg
20220212_092851.jpg

20220212_092833.jpg

Soooo back to droopy again!?!

Ive lowered the light back by 10% as raising the light back up to where it was is the only difference since the last pics were took
Turned all the pots round after reading about light rails last nite...
on site here where light mover kits are bout £175+ n reading thru customer comments
one that got me was "im my own light mover... every day i turn my pots 180"

oh yeah so all the above 10 pics are from the other side from the first 10 pics!!

So thinking bout feeding again at lights on as the flowering 6 are looking a bit pale in the pics compared to the vegging 4

thinkng now ive really lowered the humidity theyre drooping again cos theyre hungry / thirsty?!?
gona raise the mount of nutes form 2ml to 2.5ml see if that perks them up!

altho cud pos b last nites light increase but ive lowered that again this morning jus before their lights out

even if theyre not quite ready for a feed they cant b far off n i think they good do with the food more than drying out a bit more
next week is when i start adding the bloom boost to the feed so hopfully thatll help too!

Did you check the weight of your pots to see if they've lightened up ? How soon after the lights came on did you take the pics ? The plants will droop during lights off & perk back up over an hour or so when the lights come back on.
In the pics it appears only the leaves at the top of the plant look droopy & not at the bottom so much. Makes me think the pics were taken shortly after lights on.
The Vegging plants look pretty good. Are you using Cal Mag ? I see a few spots on your leaves (yellowish / rusty spots).
You are probably going to need Cal Mag. I usually use 1 ml. per gal. during Veg & 2ml. per gal. during Flower. Things don't get better overnight. It takes 3 days to a week before you'll see a good change. The problems you see today actually started a week or two ago & is just now showing signs of it. It will take just as long to fix the problem completely. Your flowering plants should be drinking about 1 gal. each about every 3-4 days around now from the size of them. Do you water till you get about 10% run off out the bottom of the pot ?

Did you check the weight of your pots to see if they've lightened up ? How soon after the lights came on did you take the pics ? The plants will droop during lights off & perk back up over an hour or so when the lights come back on.
In the pics it appears only the leaves at the top of the plant look droopy & not at the bottom so much. Makes me think the pics were taken shortly after lights on.
The Vegging plants look pretty good. Are you using Cal Mag ? I see a few spots on your leaves (yellowish / rusty spots).
You are probably going to need Cal Mag. I usually use 1 ml. per gal. during Veg & 2ml. per gal. during Flower. Things don't get better overnight. It takes 3 days to a week before you'll see a good change. The problems you see today actually started a week or two ago & is just now showing signs of it. It will take just as long to fix the problem completely. Your flowering plants should be drinking about 1 gal. each about every 3-4 days around now from the size of them. Do you water till you get about 10% run off out the bottom of the pot ?
Hey Buds Buddy!
Hope ur days cool!

Yep lifted the pots wen i turned em
Felt quite light?!?
Gona fill a spare pot wen lights come on to properly compare

as for pics... the last 10 are from this morning jus before lights out (light time is on 4pm off 10am 18/6)
and the 4 in the post above were taken bout 10pm last nite (6 hrs inti their new day)
so the difference between pics happened the same day 12 hours apart

Thats y i think the lights too strong so hav turned back down or theyre now ready for feed?!?
Not sure which so gona give em both!

not using calmag atm
Hav in the past tho
will grab a bottle tomor!
next week bloom boost is added to shceduel so that shud help em too

n yeah hav a ut 10 - 20 % runoff every time
gona check todays ph see if that reveals anything?!?

I'd have to look at my PAR / LUX conversion chart to see what 550 - 600 PAR equals. I use a LUX Meter so I go by that.
I shoot for somewhere between 50,000 - 60,000 LUX in Flower if that helps.
If your pots feel pretty light they probably are ready to feed & your plants will perk up in about 1 hour.
Looks to me like you're getting things on track. In about a week things should look better. Just keep in mind that feeding more is not always better for the plant. Don't increase your nute strength until you plants ask for it. You will know they need an increase when the leaves start getting a lighter green. You find that nice healthy green look you like & then just try to keep your plants looking that way. Pushing more nutes at them wont make the weed more potent.
It can give your weed a nutrient taste if you push too hard. It can also throw the soil pH off & cause toxicities or a nute lock out. So only increase your nutes when the plants ask for it.

I'd have to look at my PAR / LUX conversion chart to see what 550 - 600 PAR equals. I use a LUX Meter so I go by that.
I shoot for somewhere between 50,000 - 60,000 LUX in Flower if that helps.
If your pots feel pretty light they probably are ready to feed & your plants will perk up in about 1 hour.
Looks to me like you're getting things on track. In about a week things should look better. Just keep in mind that feeding more is not always better for the plant. Don't increase your nute strength until you plants ask for it. You will know they need an increase when the leaves start getting a lighter green. You find that nice healthy green look you like & then just try to keep your plants looking that way. Pushing more nutes at them wont make the weed more potent.
It can give your weed a nutrient taste if you push too hard. It can also throw the soil pH off & cause toxicities or a nute lock out. So only increase your nutes when the plants ask for it.
so u measure ur light too!
might hav something thatll interest u
posted this today...

uses a conversion to work out ppfd with a £15 meter (uni ut383) to get sameish readings as a apogee meter

hav been feeding at recommended minimum at mo so only slight increase 2ml - 2.5ml
thinking they look a lil pale
also got a few purple stems so def thinking they need more of something!

ppfd chart i use for light strength over time...

aiming to give the plant 40 umols a day
so at 18 hours light a day u get 38.9 umols at 600 ppfd
if ur giving 20 hours light u only need to give 550 ppfd

e1302cad-c198-41ae-8a50-4787e41f52cc.png

well some good news!
Jus done the feed n the droopyness is much better!
So looks like it was too high light
neva seen a plant react so quick before
That was pretty cool!
So hav lowered light by another 5%
also fed at 2.5ml
ph 6.3
checked runoff ph all between 6.2 6.5
cant wiat to see wat they look like i the morn!!

well some good news!
Jus done the feed n the droopyness is much better!
So looks like it was too high light
neva seen a plant react so quick before
That was pretty cool!
So hav lowered light by another 5%
also fed at 2.5ml
ph 6.3
checked runoff ph all between 6.2 6.5
cant wiat to see wat they look like i the morn!!
Sounds like things are looking up. Now just repeat that cycle. When you see your leaves start to droop slightly your pot is most likely light enough for another feeding. If you just wait till your leaves start to droop every time it's really hard to over water & it makes the roots chase after the water. That in turn makes a bigger root ball. Ever here the saying "More Roots = More Fruits" ? It's true.

well that wasnt wat i was hoping for!
jus checked n droopyness is back again!?!

Soooo now thinking they werent ready for a feed
Cant b too much light now as lowered by another 5% yesterday
looks like i need to practice me pot lifting!

So will now wait for droopyness to go n then come back again
Thinking droopyness so should go as plants "dry out" n then come back as they need another drink?!?

On a hunch, I'd like to know what happens if you raise your light about 12" or more. It's like only the top leaves look droopy & not the bottom leaves. Almost like the bottom of the plant is getting the right amount of light & the top is getting too much light. I don't really think that's the issue, but can't hurt to find out for sure.
I still think it's a watering issue.
@Emilya , will you please help us out here. I think this is a watering issue but I may be overlooking something. Thank you.

On a hunch, I'd like to know what happens if you raise your light about 12" or more. It's like only the top leaves look droopy & not the bottom leaves. Almost like the bottom of the plant is getting the right amount of light & the top is getting too much light. I don't really think that's the issue, but can't hurt to find out for sure.
I still think it's a watering issue.
@Emilya , will you please help us out here. I think this is a watering issue but I may be overlooking something. Thank you.
hey Buds!

the droopyness came back after i lowered light output again so guessing its not that now
altho may lowering one more time due to only tops drooping the most
only done scrogs so neva delt with unevenness before!

thinking its a watering prob like u said

everything else is ok ph in / out temps airflow humidity
as said ive only eva done scrogs so hav neva lifted a pot!
prob didnt need feeding yesterday after all...
so gona let them dry out till hopefully the droopyness goes
feed again wen droopyness starts to come back!

oh n ive not put pics up of todays new droopyness!
those pics r old droopyness!

I too think this to be an overwatering problem. It is very common that after the lower feeder roots have been underwater for an extended period of time, to mostly shut down, and then this creates a situation where the only really active roots are those in the top half of the container.

Because gravity settles your water to the bottom, if you come around every day or two re-watering, you continue to drown your lower roots, while watering the plant to runoff. You simply add to the problem if you don't force the plant to drain that water in the bottom. So your weak lower roots are not generating enough water pressure to be able to add lift to your leaves, and as soon as the water level in the container drops below half, the active upper roots no longer can supply the lift either... so you get a droop a day or two after watering.

You are likely killing your plants with your kindness. It is time to get mean. Force your plant to drain the lower part of the container between waterings. With your damaged roots, it might take 10 days or more to do this. If you really want to save this grow, you are going to have to make your plants work for a living and you are going to have to sit on your hands and do nothing, until the plant can resolve this. You can help by tilting your containers so that the excess water can run out of one drainage hole, but mostly this is up to the plants. Droop is one thing, but it would actually be better for you to wait until the plant actually wilts, at the main stem, before you water again.

If you can't lift the plant to determine when to water, use a water probe or a wooden dowel as a dip stick, to find out where the top of the underground water table is. However you track it, the water table needs to fall down to the last inch or two of the container, before it is safe to water again.

I too think this to be an overwatering problem. It is very common that after the lower feeder roots have been underwater for an extended period of time, to mostly shut down, and then this creates a situation where the only really active roots are those in the top half of the container.

Because gravity settles your water to the bottom, if you come around every day or two re-watering, you continue to drown your lower roots, while watering the plant to runoff. You simply add to the problem if you don't force the plant to drain that water in the bottom. So your weak lower roots are not generating enough water pressure to be able to add lift to your leaves, and as soon as the water level in the container drops below half, the active upper roots no longer can supply the lift either... so you get a droop a day or two after watering.

You are likely killing your plants with your kindness. It is time to get mean. Force your plant to drain the lower part of the container between waterings. With your damaged roots, it might take 10 days or more to do this. If you really want to save this grow, you are going to have to make your plants work for a living and you are going to have to sit on your hands and do nothing, until the plant can resolve this. You can help by tilting your containers so that the excess water can run out of one drainage hole, but mostly this is up to the plants. Droop is one thing, but it would actually be better for you to wait until the plant actually wilts, at the main stem, before you water again.

If you can't lift the plant to determine when to water, use a water probe or a wooden dowel as a dip stick, to find out where the top of the underground water table is. However you track it, the water table needs to fall down to the last inch or two of the container, before it is safe to water again.

Hi Emilya!

thank you for your reply!

so both u and buds think over watering

ok thats an easy one then...
like u both said ill just leave them all to dry out!

guessing plants should "perk up" as excess water is used up?

so wait for droopyness to go to show theyve used up what theyve got
then wait for droopyness to return to show they need more

as u said... "time to get mean!"
(and possibly purchase some water probes!)

Back
Top Bottom