She’s gone bonsai!

01way

Ok so
Shark (White widow / white rhino ) clone. Mom is normal but she is just like me.... a lil bent...
60/40 mix of FF Ocean and FF cocoloco. In 3 wk of bloom and now have so many flowers am unsure if I should thin her out.
450 w Full spectrum LED and office lamp with ge reveal ( so I can work in 2x4 tent with light during lights on cycle) Using GH full flora series ( cal mag, flora diamond black) ph her to 6.4 with EC at 550 - 575.

Suggestions...?

00EB2E61-93B3-4D0D-AD56-647CBBFAEBC4.jpeg
7411E0D9-F892-4393-A8EA-D53F99D93ED3.jpeg
00EB2E61-93B3-4D0D-AD56-647CBBFAEBC4.jpeg

You can trim some of the bigger fan leaves to allow light to get to the lower branches. Not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a technique called lollipop’ing. Cutting all of the lower part of the branches focusing their energy on what really matters. Giving you bigger higher quality buds, rather then small popcorn buds. Looks like you’ve been doing some low stress training already, so a simple prune is all that is really needed. In a few spots that are blocking a lot of light to the lower parts of the plants. It looks good though, good job sir!! Keep it up!

Her siblings are lollypopped she just wanted to do it her own way and I didn’t want stop her. I will do a pruning again. Been focusing on the leaves that are blocking and or have gone purple in the stem showing me their age. Also any lower that get no light. Maybe will give her a more through thinning... Excited to see end result.
Not sure if you can incite a bonsai... her stem was goofy and hooked after cloning and she carried on.

She is in a 5 gal since 2 weeks before flipping her. Before that 3 gal. Kept same ratio of mix when she got the bigger container

Her siblings are lollypopped she just wanted to do it her own way and I didn’t want stop her. I will do a pruning again. Been focusing on the leaves that are blocking and or have gone purple in the stem showing me their age. Also any lower that get no light. Maybe will give her a more through thinning... Excited to see end result.
Not sure if you can incite a bonsai... her stem was goofy and hooked after cloning and she carried on.
shes gonna have a ton of larf buds on bottom unless she gets a haircut, maybe she will do alot of oil/hash ?

Suggestions...?

Looks good. Three weeks down is about when I like to give a trim to lower growth and blockers. If you leave the lowest growth it'll be LARF or undeveloped bud. Each strain is a lil different on how much and when, but, this would be a good time to clean it up a bit.

Good job getting to this point.

Ahhh I never heard lard before. She has been fun but definitely a challenge with going bonsai. I have since been reading up on making them do this... quite interesting. I will instigate the next one on a Sativa to see what she does....

That's an old bro science term. It's all getting processed..... I'd prefer to process less on medibles. ;)

FYI - There is a talented gentleman here named @Light Addict that can show you a thing or two about this bonsia thing yer doing.......

She looks like the windswept Oak trees here in Cali.-they grow at about a 45 degree angle.
But,of course,they're not covered with those yummy buds...and they take 100 years to grow...
Beautiful plant, 01way:goodjob:

I almost culled her too.... bumped her from 3 gal to 5 gal and she stated co-operating before that I think she was root bound. She always looked stressed until the jump to 5 gal.

That's an old bro science term. It's all getting processed..... I'd prefer to process less on medibles. ;)

FYI - There is a talented gentleman here named @Light Addict that can show you a thing or two about this bonsia thing yer doing.......
I will look up light addict thanks for the insight

definitely curious about doing the purple diesel as as bonsai. She is naturally leggy and might be a massive shrubbery

definitely curious about doing the purple diesel as as bonsai. She is naturally leggy and might be a massive shrubbery
how did you do the bonsai style? just tie down separate nodes as they pop up? looks pretty cool aesthetically, would be a nice touch for a mother plant i want to grow and i actually want to stunt the growth a bit, thinking this may be a cool idea

how did you do the bonsai style? just tie down separate nodes as they pop up? looks pretty cool aesthetically, would be a nice touch for a mother plant i want to grow and i actually want to stunt the growth a bit, thinking this may be a cool idea
She did it on her own She is a clone. Mom and other clones are normal she just had a hooked stem and kept it. I have now been researching ways to make them bonsai using wood dowels. I also am reading tons of threads on light addict and his fluxing methodology.... this plant is amazing in many many ways

Back
Top Bottom