Should I flip to flowering? 13/11?

I'm a real proponent to try it and document what your doing. It would be nice if you had two tents and could do a real comparison. I'm a fond believer that your the grow master and are in command of your grow. If it feels good go for it. If your successful slap yourself on the back and brag about it. If it fails and goes into reveg - then just drop the hours and finish her off.

I'm betting you will succeed with the 13/11 :cheer:

I flower most of my plants 11on13off. No reason other than i usually have a equatorial sativa in there and 12/12 sometimes takes many weeks to kick in flowering. I did run 6 different hybrids at 14 on / 10 off. No reason other than I was curious. All flowered just fine.

I think deviation towards a higher “lights on” schedule than 12/12 will possibly help if your light is just a bit underpowered. An extra hour of photons help make up for less intensity. There are a few threads that talk about DLI (in the lighting section) that are a good read. I do experience 14/10 plants take a bit longer and 11/13plants finish a bit quicker than 12/12. I haven’t noticed any difference in stickiness or weight. I also haven’t run clones for any type of controlled runs. One would figure more light hours and extended flowering days would yield more... i wouldn’t argue against, I just haven’t noticed. Good luck!

I think deviation towards a higher "lights on" schedule than 12/12 will possibly help if your light is just a bit underpowered.

That seems obvious now that you mention it, but I hadn't thought of it. I think I'll 14/10 a try since my lights are not that bright. My plant is getting 24/0 in veg, so that will be a big relative change for it, so I imagine (hope) it will flower OK.

I flower most of my plants 11on13off. No reason other than i usually have a equatorial sativa in there and 12/12 sometimes takes many weeks to kick in flowering. I did run 6 different hybrids at 14 on / 10 off. No reason other than I was curious. All flowered just fine.

I think deviation towards a higher "lights on" schedule than 12/12 will possibly help if your light is just a bit underpowered. An extra hour of photons help make up for less intensity. There are a few threads that talk about DLI (in the lighting section) that are a good read. I do experience 14/10 plants take a bit longer and 11/13plants finish a bit quicker than 12/12. I haven't noticed any difference in stickiness or weight. I also haven't run clones for any type of controlled runs. One would figure more light hours and extended flowering days would yield more... i wouldn't argue against, I just haven't noticed. Good luck!
Thank you very much! Don't hesitate to have a look at my grow

That seems obvious now that you mention it, but I hadn't thought of it. I think I'll 14/10 a try since my lights are not that bright. My plant is getting 24/0 in veg, so that will be a big relative change for it, so I imagine (hope) it will flower OK.

Just replying on my own post to update: After almost two weeks at 14/0, there's no sign of flowering and I'm scared that my very healthy little White Widow is gonna wanna bust out of its little tent. I'm trying to decide whether just to cut back to 13/11 or just out and default to 12/12...

Just replying on my own post to update: After almost two weeks at 14/0, there's no sign of flowering and I'm scared that my very healthy little White Widow is gonna wanna bust out of its little tent. I'm trying to decide whether just to cut back to 13/11 or just out and default to 12/12...

If I were you I would 12/12 straight then upper to 12.5 or 13 hours on after 3 weeks flowering when pistils are well formed. For my grow I decided to keep on 12.5/11.5 instead of 13/11 cause I was a bit scared. But in my first grow I was on 13/11 the last weeks without trouble. I think if they are well settled in flowering 13 on is ok

If they have enough lights they won't stretch much. Mine didn't take more than 5 inches! And they're were transplanted in more than 5 gal pots 3 weeks before flip

If they have lights and good temp they should not stretch a lot. Ps I m growing green crack and blue dream which both can get big and tall

Thanks flash. I'm going to take your advice and switch her to 12/12 today, then take her back to 13 once she's safely into flower. (If I had unlimited room I'd continue my 14/10 experiment, but I'm rapidly running out of wiggle room. ;))
She's getting good light but you know cannabis plants--seems like they're always ready for more...

Just a quick update to say that in my current grow I have been in 13/11 since the beginning. I had different troubles because of heat, wifi outlet that stopped working, bad ph pen etc... It seems 13/11 gave the plants time to recover. My buds look late considering the schedule but they are finally developing well. I believe that if I had been on 12/12 or 11/13 they would have ripen faster by stopping pistils production soon. Here they are throwing pistils and developing well. Have a look at my current grow for pics if interested

Back
Top Bottom