Premature Flowering

Doctor Trevor

Louise (see below) is a CB Dutch Treat that I germinated and planted less than four weeks ago.
I discovered this morning that she is already flowering! This is not supposed for another six weeks!

I've fed and watered her with the same schedule as three other plants I started about the same time (1 x CB Dutch Treat and 2 x Blue Dream. I haven't done anything to 'shock' her. I never even got to top her.

So, here are some questions:
1. Why did this happen?
2. Do I continue with her feeding schedule, the same as her sister? Or do I change her feeding schedule to a flowering plant?
3. Would I still top her?

I'll put her in a one gallon pot before the next watering. Hold off on her sisters' transpotting.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
tl1-062522.jpg
l1-062522.jpg

1. Why did this happen?
There is the possibility that an auto-flower seed got mixed into your order.

Or that it was a photo-period but somewhere in the recent breeding history an auto-flower was one of the parent plants.

There does seem to be an increase in growers mentioning this sort of thing happening. I was given a small handful of bag-seed to experiment with. Several weeks after planting a few of them one plant started to flower just like yours has.

You do not mention there if it is an auto or not. The flowering one is for sure an auto, if your light schedule is set for non auto plants, as in 14/10, 14 hrs light, or whatever photo period plants get

The plants look swell so no problem there,,

The clear pots are for sure an issue but you mentioned transplanting in their future so please try to use non clear pots, or cover the outside

Good work with them whatever they are,, karma sent friend

if your'e on 18 / 6 those are autos for sure. good healthy ones at that. check your timers to be certain.

they hit the sides of the pot and triggered. clear pot will also help speed that up. i would up pot right now, it won't stop anything but it will help the end total by up to a third. will be on the small side but it might surprise what they do for the size.

edit : just leave them all 18/6. if the other plant runs as a photo you can let it veg and finish it later after the flower sisters are done.

Doc, where did you get the seed?
Crop King Seeds.

Funny thing: I thought they were autos when I bought them. But the listing said they weren't.

Now that she's flowering, do I skip ahead, a few weeks, in the feeding schedule?

I might suggest that your feeding schedule looks spot on at the moment,, so i see no need to 'bump' up any feeding sched as of yet,, my thots only friend,, karma sent

Back
Top Bottom