Sick plants what did i do wrong?

Kingdiamond

I currently have 5 small plants going yesterday i saw that they started closing in on their leaves so i immediatly transplanted them to the bigger pot because i though i was choking off the roots now they are in the bigger pots and they are still wilting .

I am using two 300 watt equivlant 65 watt cfls under a tin splash and watering them every other day or when the soil feels dry.

They are about two and a half weeks old and from a killer strain i bought years ago from my old provider of meds and would love to be able to get a mother plant healthy enough to clone to keep the strain alive.:yummy:

transplant them, sounds like they may be over watered (are the leaves drooping when you say closing in) Be advised the transplant may or may not have put the plant into stress SO with that being said, monitor your water level..you should be able to go longer then every other day if your indoors.. and check your PH and your temps...

transplant them, sounds like they may be over watered (are the leaves drooping when you say closing in) Be advised the transplant may or may not have put the plant into stress SO with that being said, monitor your water level..you should be able to go longer then every other day if your indoors.. and check your PH and your temps...

I am a green noobie when it comes to growing and i dont have a thermometer or ph level kit yet but i use filtered tap water and let it sit for a day to burn off any excess chlorine and the nursery 2 foot by 5 foot has a fan drawing air to circulate oxygen im getting photos ready sometime tonight ill post them to give a better idea of my light space shape of plants etc.

Heres the plants and the enclosure + lighting.

(FYI) I just uopgraded to two more of the 300 watt eguivlent cfls hoping more light might perk them up.

1stgrow21.jpg

1stgrow5.jpg

looks like heat stress raise yr light and take down that tin foil because it well create hot spots. Paint surface flat White or replace with some reflictive sheeting

Ok the foils history but ive always been told that the closer the better for cfl grows is this not the case?

Ok the foils history but ive always been told that the closer the better for cfl grows is this not the case?

CFLs should remain 2-3 inches from the leaves. However, you are using larger than average CFLs so your may be warmer and need a little more distance. Put your hand under the light at or near the tops of the plants. If your hand becomes uncomfortably warm in less than a minute, its too hot. You should be able to hold your hand under the lamp for a minute without it feeling hot. Good Luck.

Ok i went out and bought a digital humidity and temperature device to keep track of the humitidy and heat its currently at 48 % humidity and 81 degrees with the lights on what should i be shooting for for both readings?

And another thing i purchased was a moisture meter all the plant read out at between 4 - 5 which the meter says is moist .

Also what are the possible benefits of running a humidifier in the grow box?

I see some say that this is very beneficial during vegetation stages anyone have any info on that?

And let me express many thanks for all you gracious members willing to lend me their ear and helping out.

def needs something..you probaly went too heavy with the super thrive...just water your plants when they need it and hold off on the nutes for a min...let the plant catch up and heal itself..what kind of soil are you using? Have you got a way to check the ph of the water your using? Pool and spa test strips (kinda what you used in science class) work better then those stick in the ground pos'

who said test strip for moisture..i was talking for the PH versus the PH meters that stick into the ground...def need to know if its soil/less because it also depends on the soil your using...all go back to PH

Back
Top Bottom