SimonDetroits Modified Stinkbud Grow

re: SimonDetroits Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow", Dinafem Bluberry Hash, G-13 labs NL/SK, DNA G

I'm sick of running the G-13 labs NL/SK with other strains. I just cant handle the same amount of nutes. So I took 24 cuttings the other day:
SK_x_NL_clones.jpg

Once these girls are ready I'm gonna run 14 of them all by themselves in their own flowering rack. That way I can actually find out what ppms they really want. Since growing this strain with my others it has had non stop issues in both veg and budding stages. The plants got lockout and nute burn several times which has made them much smaller than the other plants.

re: SimonDetroits Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow", Dinafem Bluberry Hash, G-13 labs NL/SK, DNA G

I painted the top of one of my reservoirs with spray paint made for plastic. I was hoping to possibly block out some of the light in preperation for my 1000 watter when it gets here. It really didnt work all that well. I'm gonna try to paint them black and then use the white over it. We'll see what happens:

painted_res_lid.jpg

Well I've been impressed at how well the 8 bulb T-5 unit has flowered the plants using only Veg. bulbs. My new bulbs should be here tomorrow. Today is the first day that I found some heat damage from the T-5. Up until now the plants were actually touching the bulbs with no issues.
plants_after2.jpg

burnt_unfer_t-5.jpg

Hopefully the t-5bulbs and the 424 CFM fan from HTG will get here tomorrow so I can get the duct work started in preperation for the 1000 watter.

Lookin good so far SD :popcorn: I'd just add a second layer of white on the top of those tubs tho, rather than paint it black and then paint it white. Or perhaps you could paint one black then white again and paint the other white again and see which one comes out to your liking.

GL bro :goodluck:

Nice setup, what size t5 do you have, and how much heat does it put off? I'm thinking about using t5s for veg and my mothers to try and keep heat and power consumption down.

Nice setup, what size t5 do you have, and how much heat does it put off? I'm thinking about using t5s for veg and my mothers to try and keep heat and power consumption down.

It's a Hydrofarm 4'x2' 8 bulb High output. Each bulb is 54 watts. I initially used this fixture for vegging. I liked it alot. The node spacing gets really tight. I'm vegging under 4 t-8's right now and although it's working, I can tell that there is a very big difference in growth rate and node spacing. Heat really hasnt been an issue until I started flowering. The buds just don't seen to be able to take the heat like the leaves could. I got the set up from Horticulture source.com Thanks for checking things out over here!

Lookin good so far SD :popcorn: I'd just add a second layer of white on the top of those tubs tho, rather than paint it black and then paint it white. Or perhaps you could paint one black then white again and paint the other white again and see which one comes out to your liking.

GL bro :goodluck:

Ya Dro, I actually put 3 coats on that one in the picture. I used 3/4 of a can! So I'm gonna paint them black first then go with the white. I'm starting to think I should maybe just use that silver bubble wrap shit. You know that stuff people put inside their windsheild to prevent the sun from getting through?

Yea i have the same tubs just paint it with 1 good coat then 2 light coats getting all the corners good will reflect very nice under 1000 watter ;)

Yea i have the same tubs just paint it with 1 good coat then 2 light coats getting all the corners good will reflect very nice under 1000 watter ;)

Thanks Gorilla, I'm getting excited for that 1000 watter. The hood is huge too. I am gonna keep the T-5 in the flowering room in between the 1000 watt and 600 watt hoods. just swapped out 4 of the 8 bulbs to bloom bulbs. I figures that way The buds that are not directly under the t-5 can reach toward the left over light the 600 and 1000 are giving out? I'll be posting some picts as soon as I get it up

Nice here is a teaser for you my 1000 watt mh in the veg room
100_09973.jpg

G5 - is that on a light rail at all ?

so these containers, do they stereotypicly let a fair bit of light in the base ?

dont worry bout answering that top question. I just read your spec on another page

Yea it on a 3.5 light rail and i dont think much light gets in the base all the roots are nice and white been using this setup since jan this year and love it now if i can just learn how to flower lol

As in how to handle the flowering process, or controlling "when" the actual process begins with your plants?

Hope i dont run out of popcorn for this side order of info :popcorn:

As in how to handle the flowering process, or controlling "when" the actual process begins with your plants?

Hope i dont run out of popcorn for this side order of info :popcorn:

Lol just feel i have a good veg room system good big healthy plants little issues then when i go to flower start having more issues with temps wilting and diffiencys than i should. Not teribble for my first grow steep learning curve just not learning fast enough lol. Have had 4 plants totally die and might lose one more so that makes 5 out of 18 now. I just need to get thing running better. At least i have some bubble bags so its not a total loss on the 5 :grinjoint:

Well I got the new hood and 1000 watt Lumatek today. I actually got quite a bit done.
I made a 6" hole/passive air intake inside the room. Above the intake I made an additional 6" intake hole and conected flex hose to it. This flex hose is connected to my 424cfm fan. The fan takes the cooler air from outside the room and cools both the 1000watt hood and the 600 watt hood. I then vent outside. Heres a pict.:
fan14.jpg

Heres anothe picture showing the venting. Notice my new ballast up top.
ballasts1.jpg

Heres a shitty pict. of the new Great White Hood. It's pretty big:
great_white.jpg

Once I got the light up and the exhaust fan going I filled up another flowering rack. This one has all 14 plant sites full. 12 DNA Sharksbreath and 2 Blueberry Hash plants from DInafem. The plants are kinda rough. They are gonna look worse tomorrow after I take what ever cuttings I can from them. Anyways that makes 3 flowering units finally!! So I actually have a fully operational Stinkbuddy System.
more_rooom.jpg

I have 8 or 9 G-13 LAbs NLxSK plants in veg right now that could go into flower right now too. Only issue is that they are showing severe nute burn and I kind of want to start spreading out the flowering to make the perpetual thing work a bit better? I gotta go get some more eazy clone sprayers in the morning to complete the 4th flowering unit anyways.

Looks good. Is the fan pushing or pulling air through the hoods I started by pushing the air throught the hoods but found it was pushing hot air in the room. I moved the fan so it pulled through the hoods and my temps dropped by 15 deg

Looks good. Is the fan pushing or pulling air through the hoods I started by pushing the air throught the hoods but found it was pushing hot air in the room. I moved the fan so it pulled through the hoods and my temps dropped by 15 deg

I'm pushing the air through the hoods and then out of the room. The only reason I'm doing it this way was be cause I read that the fan will take more abuse if you are running all of that hot air through it. Why do you think you saw such a drastic temp drop just by moving the fan? It seems like the cfms would be pretty much the same? Thanks.

Yea the cfm didnt change still runnning the same 424cfm fan I know thats small for 4000 watts. Its cause even with the sealed hoods there not totaly sealed I could feel hot air being pushed out around the edges of the glass cause of the pressure of trying to push air through them . Pulling has negative pressure pushing hase positive pressure. Yea I know my fan will not last as long but the temps were crazy before I changed it so it my only option right now 96 pushing 82 pulling and at around $100 for the fan if i get a year out of it its ok with me :smokin:

Yea the cfm didnt change still runnning the same 424cfm fan I know thats small for 4000 watts. Its cause even with the sealed hoods there not totaly sealed I could feel hot air being pushed out around the edges of the glass cause of the pressure of trying to push air through them . Pulling has negative pressure pushing hase positive pressure. Yea I know my fan will not last as long but the temps were crazy before I changed it so it my only option right now 96 pushing 82 pulling and at around $100 for the fan if i get a year out of it its ok with me :smokin:

Makes sense to me. Currently my temps are ok. Around 76 as a high temp. That's with a 1000, 600 and an eight bulb t-5. Once I add another light or the temps outside get warmer I will really consider moving the fan. Thanks that's some good info. I think I might take some foil tape and seal the perimeters off both o my air cooled hoods to make them as efficient as possible.

Back
Top Bottom