Skottel Indoor Winter Grow With 3 Different Strains

Hey Skottelgoed :) What province are you in? I'm in Western Province close to the sea and temps are cooling for us now. The F***ers just announced that the grid is under strain and I'm expecting a loadshedding notice to follow shortly.
You are some weeks ahead of me and I am sorry your NBA Diesel didn't sprout but your other babies are looking fine. I love your beautiful sativa outside, such pretty leaves.

Hey Skottelgoed :) What province are you in? I'm in Western Province close to the sea and temps are cooling for us now. The F***ers just announced that the grid is under strain and I'm expecting a loadshedding notice to follow shortly.
You are some weeks ahead of me and I am sorry your NBA Diesel didn't sprout but your other babies are looking fine. I love your beautiful sativa outside, such pretty leaves.
Haha, just checked your signature and see yer in Langebaan. Not too far away. I'm in Gordons Bay.

Hey welcome to my journal carmen. Also in the western province(westcoast) and about 500m from the beach. Looool just replied to your journal about the warning of loadshedding again. Luckily I bought solar spot lights from the local brights. Just need to charge it up and get it in the grow space.

Yeah im on 3 weeks now with these babies. The sativa really is knocking it out the park but I got some bad neighbors next to me that seems to be d...e if you know hat I mean. They keep kicking her over because it seems that they don't like these beautiful plants but I can never proof its them but I know it is them. Been asking my other neighbors to keep an eye out for me in the future till my cctv system comes then I will finally catch them! She has been kicked over 4 times already then it takes hardwork to get her back to a healthy state.

Thank you for popping in and the kind words. Where about in the western cape are you?

Stay safe:Namaste:

Haha, just checked your signature and see yer in Langebaan. Not too far away. I'm in Gordons Bay.
Lool you too quick for me. Yeah not. Too far hey. Temps prob cold as f there cause i can tell you we are feeling the nippy air in the mornings by us...

Here is some update pics of the sativa.

20220423_121927.jpg

20220423_121934.jpg

20220423_121951.jpg

She has been kicked over 4 times already then it takes hardwork to get her back to a healthy state.
Some people hey... despite it being legal now for the most part prejudice remains and will do so until this damn cannabis bill is sorted out. They are slapping huge felony charges on people for ridiculous reasons even in the new bill.

Some people hey... despite it being legal now for the most part prejudice remains and will do so until this damn cannabis bill is sorted out. They are slapping huge felony charges on people for ridiculous reasons even in the new bill.
Always take good care of growing under the radar. This outdoor plant is hidden behind trees and luckily I have some awesome neighbors that has no problem with the plants and they are retired people. The bad neighbors house is connected to ours as it is the same owner who owns both houses. These neighbors has no right to step on my side of the property to kick over my plants. They even drove over the garden patch right in front of my property. They are f.... scum if I can say the least. These people is really dodge and I think they might be scammers too because some detectives were looking for them after the dec holiday. The detectives saw old sativa and still said nice plant. Loool

Luckily im within my legals right of amount plants I am allowed to grow.

Congrats on the new journal, Skottel.

Since you're growing autos for the first time, I wanted to let you know that autos need to be fed differently than photoperiods. Think of it like a photo plant's age = a human's age and an auto plant's age = a dog's age.

So, your Cheese plant is almost 2 weeks old but her life expectancy is at least 17 weeks. Whereas your auto plants are already in their 3rd week of their short 12-week life. I made a MC feed chart that reflects how much to feed based on the age of the autoflower. Perhaps you could modify it for your nute line and post it somewhere near your garden as a reminder? I'll also started marking the autoflower pots with the word AUTO in big, bold print so I don't forget.

MegaCrop Per Litre for Photos & Autos.jpg

I have underfed autos because I forgot their shorter growing season and I'd hate to have it happen to you as well.

You also might want to tag @Carcass and @BooWho2 as they're the current 420 Magazine "auto" experts. :battingeyelashes:

Congrats on the new journal, Skottel.

Since you're growing autos for the first time, I wanted to let you know that autos need to be fed differently than photoperiods. Think of it like a photo plant's age = a human's age and an auto plant's age = a dog's age.

So, your Cheese plant is almost 2 weeks old but her life expectancy is at least 17 weeks. Whereas your auto plants are already in their 3rd week of their short 12-week life. I made a MC feed chart that reflects how much to feed based on the age of the autoflower. Perhaps you could modify it for your nute line and post it somewhere near your garden as a reminder? I'll also started marking the autoflower pots with the word AUTO in big, bold print so I don't forget.

420 Per Litre for Photos & Autos.jpg

I have underfed autos because I forgot their shorter growing season and I'd hate to have it happen to you as well.

You also might want to tag @Carcass and @BooWho2 as they're the current 420 Magazine "auto" experts. :battingeyelashes:
Hello hg! Welcome to the journal.

Thank you so much for this information. I am definitely going to save this and then work with this as a estimate guide! I would love to hear from them. Would really be awesome to get their input and the info I can work with to make this auto grows a success:thanks::thanks:

Yeah im on 3 weeks now with these babies. The sativa really is knocking it out the park but I got some bad neighbors next to me that seems to be d...e if you know hat I mean. They keep kicking her over because it seems that they don't like these beautiful plants but I can never proof its them but I know it is them.
Here is some update pics of the sativa.
Hey Skott, nice plant, but wow to me it looks as bold as brass for it to be growing so close to the street. Amazing, but great it is legal for you to do. Wish that would happen in NZ.
The detectives saw old sativa and still said nice plant. Loool
Priceless!

Hey Skott, nice plant, but wow to me it looks as bold as brass for it to be growing so close to the street. Amazing, but great it is legal for you to do. Wish that would happen in NZ.

Priceless!
Hey man, rhe reason for growing it this side is that my backyard does not get much sunlight during winter where I actually do grow my outdoors. She was started a bit late and I had to take the step to move her to the front. Luckily all my neighbors are chilled about it and most of them all smoke the great herb as well. Its only the next door neighbors that seems to be having a personal issue with me because they drove over my garden patch. We are mostly young people in the street and only the 2 houses across the us is retired people but never had a problem with it. The uncle had cancer and he is using the balms that is being made out of my outdoor plants.

Just waiting for this plant to finish then there will be no outdoor for the rest od the season.

Stay safe stungs

Hello all

We are on day 26 and I would like to thank @HashGirl for the chart on the nutes. If it wasn't for your advice on the nutes I might as well have screwed up this auto's grow.

So in these few days I can see that the plants are really starting to move now, getting bigger by the day. I feel like a proud father. Lol

Anyway I started with a light nute feed of only kelpak. Added 10ml to 2l ph'd water and will be upping it by saturday then we have hit the 4 week mark and will also start to add some nutrifeed to the mix.

I am planning to top them and then to bend them down over this weekend. Also need to clean the mess I made in the space. Housekeeping. Lol

Here are some snappies again:
Stay safe all.

20220427_181300.jpg

20220427_181315.jpg

20220427_181327.jpg

20220427_181337.jpg

20220427_181356.jpg

If I may ask. By when do you guys think can I top the autos?
Hiya - I only do autos and I usually take the just the tiny tip out immediately after the third node, as soon as it's big enough to get hold of/snips into - or the short answer, now
Don't take off the top leaves, just the growing tip so 3 sets of leaves remain
That will give you 6-8 main colas per plant and an even canopy, cut off all the lower popcorn
Do try to avoid fim or it will slow the plant drastically, the aim is to keep some of the (I forget what it's called) hormones at the top of the plant
My plants are smallish and compact but have an even canopy - I can post a pic if you'd like to see the shape I aim for?
2-4oz per 3L pot x 6-9 perpetual keeps me happy

*edit* "Florigen is produced in the leaves and acts in the shoot apical meristem"
That's the stuff I'm on about lol

Hiya - I only do autos and I usually take the just the tiny tip out immediately after the third node, as soon as it's big enough to get hold of/snips into - or the short answer, now
Don't take off the top leaves, just the growing tip so 3 sets of leaves remain
That will give you 6-8 main colas per plant and an even canopy, cut off all the lower popcorn
Do try to avoid fim or it will slow the plant drastically, the aim is to keep some of the (I forget what it's called) hormones at the top of the plant
My plants are smallish and compact but have an even canopy - I can post a pic if you'd like to see the shape I aim for?
2-4oz per 3L pot x 6-9 perpetual keeps me happy

*edit* "Florigen is produced in the leaves and acts in the shoot apical meristem"
That's the stuff I'm on about lol
Dude you are a legend! Thank you for the advice and info. Please do man. You do not have to ask to post any pictures in this journal. Well I am planning to have a good canopy and few main colas.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you @Growings

Hey Skottelgoed,
I have been wondering the same about topping and training, and it seems there are different approaches worth thinking about.
This is what @BooWho2 does. I copied her method into my offsite notes:
"You'll need to pay attention to when the autos sprout as they usually start to flower around 3-4 weeks of age. I sprout them in solo cups and leave them there until the first signs of flower. When they have their second set of true leaves, I start feeding a low dose of nutrients (I am not organic) and increase it slightly until they have 3 sets of true leaves. Once they start showing signs of flower, I top as high as I can and transplant into a 3 gallon pot. I will start LST once the top two budsites have grown enough to pull down with pipe cleaners. Once the lower nodes have caught up with the top two colas I release them from the pipe clears and just let the plant grow. Hopefully that all makes sense. :cheesygrinsmiley:"
@Jon is doing impressive things with his autos too. I believe @Carcass is also a magician with autos. Not selling anyone short here, just acknowledging different expertise that I have had exposure to. In a few weeks time I will do what Boo does I think. I haven't really got the setup for an even canopy. I think I may have to move the pots around regularly to give the two plants an equal opportunity under the light, which is not central and is fixed in position.

Hey Skottelgoed,
I have been wondering the same about topping and training, and it seems there are different approaches worth thinking about.
This is what @BooWho2 does. I copied her method into my offsite notes:
"You'll need to pay attention to when the autos sprout as they usually start to flower around 3-4 weeks of age. I sprout them in solo cups and leave them there until the first signs of flower. When they have their second set of true leaves, I start feeding a low dose of nutrients (I am not organic) and increase it slightly until they have 3 sets of true leaves. Once they start showing signs of flower, I top as high as I can and transplant into a 3 gallon pot. I will start LST once the top two budsites have grown enough to pull down with pipe cleaners. Once the lower nodes have caught up with the top two colas I release them from the pipe clears and just let the plant grow. Hopefully that all makes sense. :cheesygrinsmiley:"
@Jon is doing impressive things with his autos too. I believe @Carcass is also a magician with autos. Not selling anyone short here, just acknowledging different expertise that I have had exposure to. In a few weeks time I will do what Boo does I think. I haven't really got the setup for an even canopy. I think I may have to move the pots around regularly to give the two plants an equal opportunity under the light, which is not central and is fixed in position.

Oh gosh, look at @StoneOtter's work too!

DSC_1309.JPG
DSC_1309.JPG
DSC_1305.JPG
DSC_1307.JPG
DSC_1309.JPG

Sorry, site seems to be playing up today so having trouble, but I hope you can see what I mean
This is one of six with three seedlings 4-6 weeks behind them

I'll try again
DSC_1309.JPG
DSC_1307.JPG
@Carmen Ray @Growings thank you so much for all the advice. This is something I am making note of. Damn growings those autos looks beautiful! So you are also experiencing issues? I assume you are using chromes browers? Had to download firefox now just to be able to reply to you guys.

I will be checking out those guys journals for the autos to make some notes

Back
Top Bottom