smart meters

Budsgonewild

420 Member
I have one on 12/12 going in to 5 weeks really looking good . I do not smoke but will in a few years i'm just learning how to do it i just give it way when i'm done . This is my six grow four out six were males they got the axe . My concern is i have a smart meter it is under 400 watt Hps now but did the veg with 250 hid 18/6 should i worry new to this stuff but doing very well . I think i could be paranoid because it looks so good well to me it does .

From what I've been able to figure out- no, don't worry.
This is my understanding. A bit vague and rambling I know...
Yes- a power company can tell that you are using some 400 watt appliance on a 12/12 schedule. But- it could be any sort of appliance such as a small heater on a regular schedule, or for that matter- a grow light used to start tomato seedlings for your garden. If they really want to dig they can probably make a very good guess whether it is a grow light or not.
The smaller the power usage- the more difficult it is to identify- and generally the less anyone cares. Power companies care mainly about growers stealing power. To the extent they care about grow ops at all- they are probably just trying to appease law enforcement.
Depending on where you live, law enforcement is not generally interested in small grows unless they trip over one or get a tip forcing them to investigate.
Generally- power companies are not looking. They have no interest in spending time investigating and trying to get rid of paying customers.
Some power companies are more 'police friendly' than others. Most give out info willingly to police departments if asked. Power companies rarely ever are the instigators of an investigation. It is the law enforcement going to the power co, not the other way around. Police investigations are instigated by - tips from narcs because of loose lips, smell, lax security on the part of the grower, or unfortunate twists of fate.

Back
Top Bottom