Transition from growth 2 flower - How long should that period be?

Reetafour

I've had the girls on 18/6 for a couple of months now and I'm goiung to 12/12. Should I make the change gradually? and should I be feeding a transitional nute mix for a period of time before going to bloom? I'm using Blue Planet, in smart pots in Greenlite mix. 400 HID.
Thanks,

My veg girls are 18/6, I pop them right into my 12/12 room when they are ready without dinner and a kiss :cheesygrinsmiley:

I vegged mine on 18/6 and when it was time to go 12/12, I put mine into darkness for 36 hours before flipping them. It is supposed to kick start the process that makes it begin to flower.

I've had the girls on 18/6 for a couple of months now and I'm goiung to 12/12. Should I make the change gradually? and should I be feeding a transitional nute mix for a period of time before going to bloom? I'm using Blue Planet, in smart pots in Greenlite mix. 400 HID.
Thanks,

I am sorry, you are asking a opinion question. Let's say there is no right or wrong answer. Many different growers have different ways. All of them work, some will do the XX amount of darkness before, some will just flip the lights, some will wait to determine sex, preflowers.etc. Either way, they all get the same result. It is about you, what do you believe works the best.

If this is your first grow, you will learn that growing is very personal, as long as you reach the goal it does not matter how you get there. Good luck and I hope you find your way. :green_heart:

I veg 16/8 then flip to flower 11/13 DLR.

Even tho all my clones are female & display pre flowers whilst in veg, it really only takes 3 days for the pistils to develope once light is flipped !

high man..

After the 36 hours darkness u turn on the lights 12/12... dont change feeding yet.. after 10-14 days u start feeding more phosphorus and less nitrogen.. do ur Blue Planet fertilisers have a chart? a schedule telling u when and what to feed? just follow that instruction if so:thumb:

:peace:

as long as you reach the goal it does not matter how you get there.

In my case it does matter as I have only two rooms in a perpetual grow. If I wanted to have a "dark" room it would require another space.

I totally agree with the rest ... to each his/her own

Thanks everyone, been away on business blah blah, finally getting back to this. I ended having to go directly from 18/6/to12/12 and the girls were fine with that. They are very bushy and showing flowers nicely, I'd post a pic but can't get the my photo button to work. There isn't a chart with the BP nutes and I look here before anywhere else so maybe there's one on their site. Now I'm looking for a good supprt setup since they are so bushy. I've got a string/wooden dowel contraption in mind. Have added a couple of 2700K CFL to supplement the 400HPS from below. Will post my support setup once it's done. Thanks again for the advice.
Mike

Yeah,

Mine were in transition for about 2 weeks. Then I started seeing flowers.

Yeah, changing from 18/6 - 12/12 is fine In my experience, But I have also a few times dropped it to 14/10 for 2 days then 12-12 but not sure if it made a difference?? Goodluck tho mate!! Smokemup..

Done it several ways, All seem to work. I just start the 12/12 on the dark cycle. Pistils and Buds show in 10 days or so. Try different things and you will find what works. Every grow is different.

go to the Blue Planet website. They have feeding schedules posted there. You can print them out and they tell you what to feed in which week. I just mix it with the quantities they list on the site and my plants have thanked me ever since.

I have a question ref the "transition period". When you look at the feed charts, there's a strict line between veg and flowering feeds. I t seems that this has been answered above... start the floral feed when the flowers start. Good. But then, my main question is when seed merchants list "flowering time" , say, 10 weeks - does this mean 10 weeks from the end of the transition period (usually reckoned to be about two weeks), or ten weeks from "flip"? After reading the above, it seems I've been "doing it wrong" by switching to floral feed right on the flip. My thinking was that "It'll need that to get it kick-started..." Perhaps it needs the transition period to adjust its' nutrient requirements. Anyone got any brilliant thoughts about this? :)

I have a question ref the "transition period". When you look at the feed charts, there's a strict line between veg and flowering feeds. I t seems that this has been answered above... start the floral feed when the flowers start. Good. But then, my main question is when seed merchants list "flowering time" , say, 10 weeks - does this mean 10 weeks from the end of the transition period (usually reckoned to be about two weeks), or ten weeks from "flip"? After reading the above, it seems I've been "doing it wrong" by switching to floral feed right on the flip. My thinking was that "It'll need that to get it kick-started..." Perhaps it needs the transition period to adjust its' nutrient requirements. Anyone got any brilliant thoughts about this? :)

I am changing my feeding routine again. I am now using the Earth Juice system called "Sea Blast". They provide for the transition with three stages growth, transition then bloom. All are incredibly strong and I use 1/4 strength. As an extra bonus it is inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom