SM's 1st Grow Journal - Soil - Indoor

spencermethen

Day 1
Hey friends,

This is my very first grow and am very excited. any advice is much help and greatly appreciated! I purchased 4 Herojuana clones from a local dispensery

Set up

• 400w Apollo digitial/dimmable MH/HPS ballast & cool tube reflector
  • 4x2x5 [LxWxH] grow tent with mylar interior
  • 6" 240cfm duct fan

Medium

• 60% Fox Farms Ocean Forest
  • 20% Fox Famrs Light Warrior
  • 20% Therm-o-Rock Perlite
  • 1/2 lb of Mycorrizhae
  • 5gal pots

Nutes
I was originally planning on just using blackstrap unsulphered molasses but when i got to the hydro shop i was talked into buying Earth Juice "Hi-Brix" molasses for plants. Does anyone have any experience using this product? Also should I get another nute ontop of this? Kinda tight on money right now which i why i chose to go with the molasses but should be able to afford something better here in a couple days.

Here is a picture of my set up

Day102-27-2014_zps51f15ceb.jpg

& temperature/Humidity

Temperature_zps20bea7c7.jpg

Height of plants

• Plant 1: 7.25"
  • Plant 2: 7.25"
  • Plant 3: 6.25"
  • Plant 4: 6.75"

Once again I am very excited for my first grow :D and am hoping everything goes well, I am currently researching how to top or F.I.M my babies. I also want to LST them to grow wider, any tips on these techniques would be very useful!

Check out how to tie them down. That is my favorite way very low stress and makes very low bushy girls.

Yes for sure. Let the rest. you might want to wait about 5 too 7 days to get growing again. Right now the root system has took over.

Re: SM's 1st Grow Journal (Soil) [Indoor Og]

Day 7

Hello fellow 420magazine subscribers, today is day 7 of my first attempt to grow. So far so good, I ran into a little over watering this week so I had to poke some holes in my container and air raided the soil in attempt to dry it out, even though I have read online over and over that i should be careful of that lol. But I purchased a 3in1 moisture/light/ph soil meter from lowes for 8 bucks [Soil tested at about 6.3-6.5ph] & have let the soil start dry and now the leaves are reaching for the sky :thumb: I also went to the hydro store & finally decided what choice of nutrients I am going to feed them. I went with the "Earth Juice" line of products. From them I have, Grow, Bloom, Hi-brix molasses for plants, & Microblast. I have not started feeding them yet as my soil is still drying from being over watered. I also gotFossil Fuel for plants from "Europonics" for foliar feedings weekly, This stuff works amazing by the way! its a liquid humic acid, I will have pictures of what they looked like the day before I sprayed them with stuff down below. I also attempted to F.I.M 3 of the plants and top the other, which will be stated under "Plant growth".

Plant growth in 1 week
Plant 1: 0.25" F.I.M'd
Plant 2: 0.50" F.I.M'd
Plant 3: 1.25" F.I.M'd
Plant 4: 0.50" Topped
I attempted to F.I.M and top them 2 days before these measurments.

Here is a picture of the plants a day before I gave them a foliar feeding of fossil fuel
IMG_20140301_103830_zps51b1d14a.jpg

& here they are about 6 hours after the foliar feeding
Day703-05-2014_zpsc462c532.jpg

I have been thinking about attempting to train them either by L.S.T or SCROG, whats everybodys else's opinion? or what would be an "easier" attempt for a first time grower lol.

Please throw in your 2 cents or questions about my setup as i appreciate the help and hope top learn more things that I need to know, Thank you & please subscribe to my journal to help me out on this adventure :Namaste:

Set up

400w Apollo digitial/dimmable MH/HPS ballast & cool tube reflector
4x2x5 [LxWxH] grow tent with mylar interior
6" 240cfm duct fan

Medium

60% Fox Farms Ocean Forest
20% Fox Famrs Light Warrior
20% Therm-o-Rock Perlite
1/2 lb of Mycorrizhae
5gal pots

Re: SM's 1st Grow Journal (Soil) [Indoor] 100% organic

Day 9

Hello again! last night I began low stress training on my plants so I wanted to update everyone on how they have adapted to this. This morning I have already noticed more growth on the stems and all of them have started some pre mature flowering. They are reaching for the light :high-five: and growing awesome. I also made my own 1 gallon tea bubbler for my earth juice nutrients which will be shown further down, I plant on letting it bubble for 36-48 hours so I will be able to feed them sometime tomorrow morning which I am very excited about since this will be the first nutrient feeding they have gotten.

Here are the 4 plants after one night of training

LSTday103-07-14_zps5f813c77.jpg

& here are over head pics of all 4 of them

Plant 1
NeptuneLSTday1_zps8d2e0c04.jpg

Plant 2
BankJrLSTday1_zpsc0e5497c.jpg

Plant 3
BettyLSTday1_zps56534fe6.jpg

Plant 4
WarwickLSTday1_zps312acea7.jpg

And as for my earth juice tea, Here is what I have brewing in my bubbler for their first feeding
E.J Grow- 1 tbsp
E.J Bloom- 1 tsp
E.J Microblast- 1tsp
E.J Hi Brix- 1 tsp
E.J Catalyst- 1sp

A picture of my 1 gallon tea bubbler [Purchased at walmart for 9.95$]
Teabubbler_zpse1845b6e.jpg

Day 17

Welcome back everyone :welcome:. Just wanted to put up an update on my journal, So far everything is going good for my first grow. I started low stress training on my plants 9 days into veg and it is currently day 17, there has been alot of growth and I am starting to get overwhelmed with finding places to tie down where the leaves will not block others lol. I plan on putting them into flowering on day 21 Please let me know what you all think of this low stress training job, this is my first time and I know that it can definitely be improved

I also started feeding them Earth Juice nutrients that i bubbled for 36 hours here is the recipe of the last feeding i gave them which was on day 14
Grow- 1tbsp
Bloom- 1tbsp
Microblast- 1tsp
Hi Brix- 1 tbsp
Catalyst- 1tsp
Meta K- 1tsp
I foliar feed them Fossil Fuel humic acid as well shortly after feeding [7.5ml:1gal] 50/50 water:Humic acid ratio

Here is an overall pic of all 4 plants [1st day of LST pics are on an earlier post n the journal]
LSTday17_zps40d2b17e.jpg

Plant 1
NeptuneLSTday17_zpsa4129852.jpg

Plant 2
BankJrLSTday17_zpsd64bf33f.jpg

Plant 3
BettyLSTday17_zps03f56666.jpg

Plant 4 [has some shine on the leaves because i just misted them]
WarwickLSTday17_zpsf4b575b2.jpg

& again earlier photos of LST day 1 are posted earlier in the journal for reference to how much they have grow in just a little over a week, Please post your thoughts&advice :Namaste::thanks:

Day 22
1st day of Flower cycle​

Starting the first day of flower today! very excited to start seeing some real bud growth on them. My goal is to yield 400g DRY WEIGHT [1g per watt(400w HID)] after F.I.M'ing them once and low stress training them for 2 weeks, I can now count 15-20 colas on each plant evenly at the top of the canopy, do you guys think that 400g dry weight is a reasonable goal for 4 plants? I have been doing a lot of online researching on how to achieve good yields and the strain i am growing is H. OG which according to the dispensary I got it from and other online resources say it is a high yielding Indica. I will be keeping a MH light on them for the first 2 weeks of flower to reduce "stretch" & then I will be switching to a HPS bulb. Also I have read that keeping the night/day temperature the same will encourage the plant to grow Bushier, I do not know if this is a true fact or not but my night/day differential is only 3-5 degrees, about 77-78 day & 73-74 night. RH seems to change with the weather since i have them close to a window and ranges anywhere from 30%-50% but has gotten as low as 24% because it was so hot I had to run the air conditioner a couple days.

During VEG i had them on 24/0 [Light/dark] schedule. Now for the start of flower I have chosen to put them on a 13/11 schedule and in a few weeks i will switch them to 12/12.

Here they are as of today 1st day of their flower cycle [03-21-2014]

Day2203-21-2014_zps7cdb8213.jpg

16 days into Flower

:welcome: fellow :420: subscribers, Here is another update on my 1st grow. Today is now 16 days into flower and I recently switched over to a HPS bulb on day 14 as I heard this would help decrease the "stretch" during the first two weeks of flower. So far I think they are looking as healthy & happy as possible :thumb: they seem to be taking well to my feedings, here is the recipe that I used for my last feeding...

2 Gallon mix
Grow- 15ml
Bloom- 60ml
Microblast- 10m
Hi-Brix molasses- 30ml
Catalyst- 10ml
Meta K- 5ml

Please note that these are measurements for 2 gallons. I also Aerate(bubble) them for about 18-24 hours to raise the PH between 6.5-7 & I use the fossil fuel humic acid for foliar feedings 1 day after nute feeding.

Here are a couple pics just taken of them :love:

Flowerday16_zps51e9c832.jpg

Flowerday162_zpscdc8fe5e.jpg

Herojuana
15-25% THC
Indica Dominant Hybrid​

The Herojuana strain was first bred by Steve Tuck. Woodhorse sold his stock for years and now have carried on with the breeding. According to Jason King's strain book the "Lineage is composed of an outdoor Kentucky strain crossed with a California strain known as Petrolia Headstash."
Herojuana has dense, forest green flowers with a large amount of orange hairs. Some previous lab tests recorded the Herojuana strain at just over 24% THC. The Herojuana is the perfect medicine for patients with insomnia and migraines.

THC: 24%

Genetics:
Kentucky Outdoor x Headstash

Origin:
USA

Breeder: Steve Tuck

Flowering Time: 8-9 weeks

Day 34 of Flower

Hello again and here is another quick update on my grow :cheer: Not much to say other than everything seems to be going great so far, Just going to put up a few photos so you can see what they look like.

Flowerday346_zpsea37aadf.jpg

Flowerday347_zpsb09a4c76.jpg

Flowerday34_zps4f76b281.jpg

Flowerday342_zpsee0712a9.jpg

Flowerday345_zps1fffc4d1.jpg

The dispensary that I received the clones from said that the flowering time is 60 days....so chop chop time will be coming soon! please subscribe to my journal and keep updated with the final weight :circle-of-love:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom