So Frustrated I Might Quit Growing

hmmm I would check the electrolytes in the soil.. plus I have a thermometer in the top of my grow room and at the bottom. What is the CO2? I have had the same issues. I got pissed and finally changed soil brands. Then reduced the water. Something so simple!
Could try a air diffuser to keep the cold air from blowing directly on the plant. you can make one out of tape and plexi.
I just dont know...

How would I determine if my plants are being poisoned? and If they are is this a suitable replacement?

Reflective Interior 76x76x76 inch Hydroponics Grow Tent w/ 2 Doors*::*Gardening Equipment*::*TheLaShop

You seem to have plenty of airflow to keep any toxin emitting from the tent from affecting the plants. I would try a plant outside the tent under the same nute/soil conditions.

also.. FFOF soil comes hot with nutes.. do you use FFOF soil? if so you probably do not need nutes for the first 3-4 weeks.. it could burn em.
when I transplant into new containers I use PH'd water only for a few weeks.. and have no problems.

you guys are awesome!

Fox farm trio but I usually give them half what FF chart says until they look sturdy enough to handle it.

great idea about the AC it is rather old....

Pics tonight when I get off work!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

fox farm nutes is what i am using, i have had no problem running the nute as high as 1350 ppm or so i try to stay about 100-200 below recommended dose.
a ac can go out fast

HI I have gone through the same problums. I grow in 93 to 115 degree. In the summer,,I lost a 4ft Buba Kush. A 4 ft Blackberry.3 santorys..aaa But I tryed Purplehaze G13 ..it loves the heat..I grew it in a closet.115degrees,,it came out great.I have 5 more going now.It is the onl;y plant that works for me I give it 12 hours and 15 minutes of light. When flowering. I got 4 ozs off a littly plant ,,I flowered it at 16inches, it strecthed to 32 in tall and 24 wide,, It is so great to find somthing I can grow in my upstaires.. No AC. In the winter I do very well. Just with cfs lights and LED.IM now starting to use 300 watt LED lights . In.MY 4th week, they work great. ONE 300watt LED and 160watts cfl per plant,, Dont give up try G13 Purple Haze.I tryed Santory..but after 95degrees it stopped growing..I have grew out 16 different kinds of smoke so far. Most of them do well in the winter,,But only Purple Haze Rocks for me.. a very long lasting high that just feels very pleasnt...Grow on you can do it. You need the right seed Im sure there are more plants they will work.but some Sativas can stand the heat..I have read that Buba Kush can take the heat but mine didnt,,Good luck

got this from another site. I found it in a thread about a tent with toxic offgassing. This is after 48Hrs in it.
did you plants look like this?
2_Sensi_Gassing_48hrs.jpg

ok here we go!

STRAINS

Aurora Indica
Bubblelicious
Unknown indica dominant

ALL FROM NIRVANA

holy crap this post about the toxic tents makes me so very angry, I purchased my sunhut tent solely to avoid anything toxic. now that you mention it I have 6 T5 lights and plants always grew very well underneath it.

GEDC0405.JPG

this is my garden right now. The AC hangs out the window and blows its cold air downwards and straight into the tent. I have my 2 inline fans on the ducting with the cool tube.

GEDC0410.JPG

Here is a closeup of my unknown. This plant exemplifies the problems being experienced by all of my plants.

GEDC0407.JPG

they look overwatered and underfed....I dont think its the tent bro.
test the run off for PH....PPM if you have that also

asked b4...did not see the answer...
...whats the water source? is it softened water?

be really helpful to know;
ppm and ph before adjust.
ppm and ph after adjust.
ppm and ph of runoff.

how much runoff when watered? do they just sit in the trays in the runoff?
How large is room tent is in? if its not too big i would put the AC in the room and let the blowers cycle cool room air through tent. and probably put one blower on the hood if possible.

I am sorry you are having such frustrations brother, looks as if Lex has been busy.

I have been looking at your girls and thinking and thinking, have erased a few suggestions as I am not sure they will help.

So this is my way of advice.

Water to waste. Always try and get about 20% runoff of the water you put in...is a pain if plants are big, but until you isolate the cause of your problems this is not a skipable step. This aids in complete wetting of your medium and provides a bit of protection against salt buildup's.

I prefer 7.0 ph water no matter which phase and I just try to keep my plants there...depending on the nutes and which phase they are in the shift might be up or down as it grows...so having a happy medium is important...I use to try to run at 6.5, pushing the boundary but had too many minor mg deficiencies I had to adjust up for anyway...so I just said plant must be happier at a higher ph...and so far I like the results, much less stress on me and them.

So I put all my nutes in my gallon jug and ph it to 7.0 and I use drops to test so my accuracy is limited. I test the runoff of the first bit of water that leaks out into the bucket or tray. This will give you some idea of what the soil is at...if you wait til more has ran out it will be more the average of what you put in and what the soil was at....just a guess, but is a sure test of a problem if the runoff is in an extreme range for soil...below 6 or above 8ish.

And small plants don't really want more food than the FFOF has...and can easily be overnuted by adding even 1/2 str. Their guide is based on average plant size but you will have to judge their vigor and health to even decide they needed additional food and I would always err on the side of the extremely low...trust me those plants are not underfed, FFOF alone would of kept them perfectly happy for 5 weeks or until they are much bigger.

I have kinda gone to the dark side and I am trying Osmocote + and another time release pellet from Dynamite called Mater Magic (is organic, my baby SLH is in it currently and doing great...too great for my small space). I just put this in the soil and during heavy stretch I add a bit of additional nutes and so far my SLH in bloom is absolutely loving that stuff. And my hempy Cheese in veg (should go see) is growing in perlite and Osmocote + only (Hempy Bucket)...she gets water with a capful of H2O2 in it...and she is very happy, better than any soil grow I have had with Cheese so far. Before you jump into hempy though you should read DocBud's journals and see the proper way...it is very different, but not hard.

You might wanna opt out for simple to get a grow under your belt...get OC+ and soil and only add water...with maybe a bit (no more than 1/2 strength FF bloom nutes) during week 3-6 of bloom once a week...but make sure you PH it to 7 after adding the nutes...and the grow should be easy mode. You might need to add a bit of cal-mag, but I think you should be ok with just tap water.

To Repeat : Water to waste by 20% in FFOF with 25% added perlite for proper drainage. And don't water until the pots are light again, you will be able to tell, a fully wet pot is much heavier than an almost dry one...air specialized roots are essential for the vigor of your plant and wet foot to dry foot is important to keep the surface roots happy and breathing air and processing glucose from photosynthesis into plant food for growth.

I hope this came off as the help that I intend it to be brother.

But I honestly don't know what is wrong with your girls but I am sure it has to do with your soil (the yellowing and leaf cancer means she can not drink generally)...a full flush (2-3x the water that you have soil) and backfill with 1/2 strength nutes (for her scheduled week) phed to 7.0 is what I would do to try and save those little girls and maybe some light foliar feeding (1/10 str nutes phed to 5.5ish to help prevent powdery mold, don't want to stress sick leaves)...Superthrive or another product that has NAA-1 and Vitamin B1 would help recover some of the lost vigor from the damage and aid in healing after the flush. In no more than 3-4 days if it worked, the meristem (top) should recover and start pumping out new growth.

Wow I super rambled.....I am sooooo sorry.

:peace: brother

Back
Top Bottom