Red Vine Jackie By Maddfarmer Genetics

secondtonone420

420 Member
Yo! 420 Mag folks!

I am a long time grower (since 2004) and I used to log some of my grows on various forums. For some reason or another I kind of fell off on my forum activity, but lately I've had the itch to get back to the online community and this place seemed like the happening spot as I searched around for a new forum to post in.

I am in California, and have a small personal grow set up in my garage; I like to pop a 10 pack of seeds and flower out the resulting females, so never a huge grow, and usually don't even end up with my legal limit of 6 plants. My setup is simple, I have a 2x4 tent with a 240 watt t5 fixture that I use during germination and the first part of veg. The seedlings stay in the tent until they are transplanted out of their solo cups and into one-gallon pots. From there they are moved into a grow box that I built that is (approximately) 4'w X 5'd X 7'h (the actual growing space is 4' X 3') with a single 600 watt metal halide/high pressure sodium grow light in a vented hood hooked up to a high velocity exhaust fan. Also in the grow box are a 5,000 btu air conditioner, a cool mist humidifier and a high velocity oscillating fan. Once the plants show sex, they are transplanted to seven-gallon pots where they will live until harvest.

I'll get into more details as I move ahead with this journal, but first I'll start by posting up some pics from my past grows.

IMG_20170414_022543_014.jpg

Grape Ape from bagseed.
IMG_20171026_215503_029.jpg

Deep Purple from Jordan of the Islands.
IMG_20180726_233048_321.jpg

Blue City Diesel from Jordan of the Islands.

IMG_20180814_103659_728.jpg

Power Africa from Seedsman.
IMG_20180827_010604_142.jpg

Blue City Diesel.​

Ok, now on to my current grow. I am about 50 days from seed on a ten-pack of Red Vine Jackie from Maddfarmer genetics.

[ A little history on the genetics:

RVJ is Purple Jackie x Red Vine Kush.

Purple Jackie is Purple Urkle x a male from the Urkle's lineage; known as EEE. By Maddfarmer genetics.

Red Vine Kush is Chocolate Cherry Thai x Triangle Kush. By Smellboat seeds.]

I planted all ten seeds the day I got them and all 10 sprouted within 72 hours. My germination method is simple. I fill 9oz. Solo cups (with drainage holes) about half full with 2 parts seedling mix and 1 part Recipe 420 potting soil, saturate the soil with reverse osmosis water and plant the seeds directly into the soil; about 1/4 inch deep. I place the cups under a clone dome in the dark, temps at about 76-78 degrees and humidity set to 90%.

As soon as the seeds sprout, I turn on the t5 fixture at 1/2 power and run it 24/7 for about a week. As the sprouts stretch, I continue topping off the cups with my seedling mixture to keep the stems supported. After the first week, I turn the t5 fixture on full power and set the light timer to 18/6. For reference, this is the day I call Veg. Day 1.

During Veg., my input is minimal. I am one that likes to top early, and I usually (and did on this run) top after the fourth node and take off the first two nodes. This leaves me with four main tops and a plant that grows into a nice dome shaped bush. As far as feeding goes, while they were in the one-gallon pots, they were top-dressed once with Kelp Meal and Crab Meal. Beyond that, the only other thing they have had so far has been Cal-Mag because I am watering with reverse osmosis water.

Tonight I transplanted six of the ten plants to seven-gallon pots of Recipe420, amended with 4tbsp Kelp Meal, 4tbsp Crab Meal, 2tbsp Neem Meal, 2tbsp Glacial Rock Dust, 1tbsp Xtreme Gardening Mykos, and 2tsp Vermicrop Organics VermiBloom. I watered them with 16 ounces of plain RO water. The four plants I eliminated were three males and one finicky plant that seemed to be droopy all the time. Only two of the six I transplanted have preflowers yet, so only time will tell how many females I end up with.

Aaaaaaand...pictures.

20180809_003200.jpg

IMG_20180809_013527_648.jpg

IMG_20180909_002205_494.jpg

IMG_20180918_004451_591.jpg

IMG_20180926_014143_881.jpg

Plants on the right were transplanted, plants on the left are three males and a weak plant.
IMG_20180926_014729_863.jpg

rvj4 is a beauty of a plant. Finger crossed it's a girl.​

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom