Netstatmen's Soil Auto Red Poison LED Grow Light Journal - 2013

netstatmen

Hello, this is my first grow, i will be growing 2 Auto Red Poison plants indoors.
it is an Indica/Sativa hybrid.

My tent size:
24'' x 48'' x 84'' (h)

Grow Light: LED
* 1 Apollo 12 LED grow light - (430 Actual Watts)
* Number of LED's: 180 epiLED 3 watt

Ventilation:
* Intake: 6" Centrifugal intake fan with HEPA Filter to prevent contamination of spores or polen into the tent.
* Exhaust: 6" Centrifugal Exhaust fan with 16" Carbon filter to neutralize odors.
* inside tent ventilation: 1 14" fan.

Pots:
I will be using two 20 (US) Gallon smart fiber pots, i will be sprouting the seed in the soil medium directly to avoid transplanting and damaging the roots.

Nutes:
for Vegetative phase: I will be giving them FOX FARM GROW BIG
for flowering phase : I will be giving them FOX FARM TIGER BLOOM

Soil:
The soil is a Home Depot pre-made Professional grow mix, with stable pH 7.

I am monitoring Temp and Humidity of room as I am about to plant the seed, and it is 25-26 C (77-79 F) and 55% Humidity.

If anyone can help me, I have been making reaserch about humidity in the seed sprouting phase for soil, and I have read contradictory opinions, some growers say that humidity should always stay below 50% and the other half says it should be between 65-80 F. can anyone help me with this?

Here is a photo of my tent & equipment:
2013-10-20_19_46_58.jpg

Humidity with seed sprouting, as you said their are many differing opinions out there. I personally just sprout em under CFLs with some clingfilm stretched over pot rim, then as soon as they have broken ground I get rid of film cover. I have heard however that when some people try to germ under domes it can lead to female seeds switching to male!. I don't have any personal experience of this though so don't hold me to it lol.
I'm sure one of the more experienced guys will be along soon enough with the info you need. The one thing that you might want to be careful of is the power of your light on young babies! Again don't have LED's so unsure, but good luck and welcome to 420!!!!

Thanks for your quick reply mate, i'm still getting used to the forum, it is great so far.
i forgot to post this illustrative and easy chart about my LED grow light, i placed my LED grow light at 42" from the pot's surface for sprouting, then i will be adjusting it again to 32" for vegetative stage and once again i will lift it to 26" for flowering phase (as stated in the chart for "distance from cannopy") =

Captura_de_pantalla_2013-09-23_a_la_s_02_16_34.png

I have stabilized temp in a range of 24 C - 27 C (75 F - 80 F) and humidity in a range of 60% - 75%.

So after 5 days of maintaining a very moist soil, finally the first sign of sprouting:

2013-10-26_10_35_25.jpg

when the first set of true leaves appear, i will be adjusting the LED grow light to 32" distance from canopy.

so this is day 6, finally the two first set of true leaves appeared, so i adjusted the grow light to 32" distance from canopy and started veg light cycle 18/6 (light/dark).

grow room temp: 22 C - 23 C (71 F - 73 F)
humidity: 60%- 65%

2013-10-27_14_46_58.jpg

today i noticed that one of the seedlings has a purple stem, actually is the one that has light green leaves since the beginning.
I also noticed that this seedling has only the first 2 true leaves (the other seedling has already shown the second set of leaves as you can see in photos)
can somebody tell me if there is something wrong with this one?

2013-11-01_17_56_32-1.jpg

Here's a helpful quote; thread. :ganjamon:

SmokeyMacPot said:
Why are my Seedling's Stems Purple?

DO NOT PANIC. A seedlings purple stem doesn’t necessarily indicate an unhealthy plant. Please take the following possibilities into consideration:

1 - Purple Stems could be a result of that wonderful thing we call genetics, if this is the reason, you are to expect a purple stem throughout the life of the plant. It must be noted that purple stems aren’t a dominant trait, and are rarely genetically induced.

2 - A baby sprout with a purple stem is almost always 100% natural. Young seedlings are still adjusting to their environment and may be slightly lacking in a Nutrient. If this is the case, healthy plants will regain their green/greenish-brown color within a few days to a week or two.

3 - If you have ruled out the possibilities of genetics and the seedlings adjustments to life, you should begin looking for a nutrient deficiency. Purple stems are commonly caused by a Phosphorous (P) or Magnesium deficiency, if there is a P deficiency you may also notice symptoms such as brittle leaves or greyish spots. To assist the uptake of Phosphorous (as well as most other nutes) you should ensure the pH is slightly acidic-- 6.0 will suffice.

Author: KidKind

Mines were getting some of that purplish coloring all over the stem at the beginning and now shes just fine and happy (except that the soil has too much nutes for her at this stage, but that'll change real soon).

i'll keep that in mind mate thanks! so i have a new concern; this are pics that i just took from the two seedlings, planted the same day, fed the same, etc, etc.

is it normal that one of them already has 4 leafs and the purplish one has still just 2?

2013-11-02_16_25_39.jpg
2013-11-02_16_26_00.jpg

DAY 9 since sprouting

2013-11-04_16_35_14.jpg
2013-11-04_16_35_29.jpg

i'm a bit concerned about this one this far is not as developed as her sister, any comments and help are more than welcome:

2013-11-04_16_35_43.jpg
2013-11-04_16_36_11.jpg
2013-11-04_16_36_31.jpg

Maybe it's just a faulty seed since her sister is doing just fine and is developing a lot faster, but that doesn't mean it won't make it. It may have a slower start but it may also turn out well. We'll see how it turns out!

Any new updates?
Cheers!:peace:

DAY 14

hey mate! thanks for stopping by

i don't know if this is normal behavior, all i can say is that i noticed that maybe the air (of the oscilating fan) is directly moving her a little bit all the time, it is just near a corner of the grow tent and air turn around there, so do you think that might have something to do with this slow growth and color?:
any help or comments are welcome!

Red Poison #1
2013-11-09_16_46_03.jpg
2013-11-09_16_46_09.jpg

Red Poison #2
2013-11-09_16_46_40.jpg
2013-11-09_16_46_49.jpg
2013-11-09_16_47_07.jpg

(sorry about the photo quality but i'm high as hell right now and can't manage to focus my iphone)

Back
Top Bottom