Budley's New Bud Box 3K, Watercooled, CO2, Sealed

Thanks spider pig. I'm kind of wishing I would have flipped a week sooner, although these big stalks will be needed soon!

Well if you had to you can get a fishing net and put it over the top to keep an even canopy.My brother used fishing string with 1 oz weights attached to the end.It was cool when the plant started picking them up.

Well if you had to you can get a fishing net and put it over the top to keep an even canopy.My brother used fishing string with 1 oz weights attached to the end.It was cool when the plant started picking them up.

Actually my plan all along has been to overgrow the box a bit and then thin the herd. I have 31 plants in there each topped for 4 mains. I have pinched branches along the way so I basically have a pot with 4-6 12" stalks shooting out of them. Any plant or branch that cant make the canopy goes to make room for the ones that have. Once this is done they will be staked with even space between the tops. I'm going for big top colas, no branches, no popcorn. We'll see how it works out.

Actually my plan all along has been to overgrow the box a bit and then thin the herd. I have 31 plants in there each topped for 4 mains. I have pinched branches along the way so I basically have a pot with 4-6 12" stalks shooting out of them. Any plant or branch that cant make the canopy goes to make room for the ones that have. Once this is done they will be staked with even space between the tops. I'm going for big top colas, no branches, no popcorn. We'll see how it works out.

Wow you got it all planned out sweet.I know you will get some massive yeild off this grow.+ reps if I can

Well see what 2k yields this way. this is my 4th crop, although this is a new space with more space and power. Almost have it dialed in. Just need to add a dehumidifier. I'm kind of a mad scientist type so it's always an experiment.

Since my space is only accesible from the front, I try to keep things self contained. No screens or twine. I need to have access and like to be able to take them out of the box for closer inspection while trimming.

Well see what 2k yields this way. this is my 4th crop, although this is a new space with more space and power. Almost have it dialed in. Just need to add a dehumidifier. I'm kind of a mad scientist type so it's always an experiment.

Since my space is only accesible from the front, I try to keep things self contained. No screens or twine. I need to have access and like to be able to take them out of the box for closer inspection while trimming.

Will an air conditioner work as a dehumidifier? If so wal mart AND HOME DEPOT BOTH HAVE 5000 BTU WINDOW A/C UNITS FOR $99 that work great

Will an air conditioner work as a dehumidifier? If so wal mart AND HOME DEPOT BOTH HAVE 5000 BTU WINDOW A/C UNITS FOR $99 that work great

That is exactly what I'm using for both my chiller and AC. they're nice units. + if it fails you can get another one fast and cheap. Yes an AC will dehumidify. I can't get my RH down with just the AC. I could add heat which would work.

Will an air conditioner work as a dehumidifier?

It will and it won't, lol. It dehumidifies the air because part of it is colder than ambient. That causes water vapor in the air to condense on the colder part - like it does when you set a cold can of soda out on a warm day. It lowers the humidity, but lowers the temperature. With lower temperature, the ability of the air to hold moisture is decreased. (RH - relative humidity is temperature-dependent; if the absolute amount of moisture stays the same in a closed system, the RH rises as temperature drops and lowers as temperature rises.)

It generally works. Humidity decreases faster than the temperature, so the RH drops. That's how it is supposed to work.

But that is assuming an a/c that is properly sized for the job.

That's why when planning a "whole-house" a/c system, it's important that it not be too small - or too large.

Hi Budly, I LOVE your chamber. I just finished catching up with your journal. I'am all in!
Just a thought on the dehumidifier, why not hang it/mount it to the ceiling providing there is room? Your pruning style intrigues me and I can't wait to see the results.:bravo:

Just couldnt sqeeze it in there. Now if I cut the wall out between the 2 chambers and make it 1 3k flower box. I could it fit between the reflectors the same way the AC is hanging. I see that happening in the very near future. 3k 4 x 12 flower box. Old 4 x 8 downstairs is the veg. I just really don't need that much smoke! It's all about PS and familia, no profit motive and I think I already have plenty o room. There's just always that part of me that says 1 more. Well in this case it's always one more 1k!

I just really don't need that much smoke! It's all about PS and familia, no profit motive

+REPs for the no profit motive, if it lets me.

Cannabis that is properly cured will keep.

There is nothing to say that a grower must grow continuously. Some prefer to grow more at one time but less times so that they leave more of their year open for vacations or the like.

You can almost always find someone that could benefit medically (or at least in recreational terms) from a gift. Of course, security concerns might suggest that you stuff all of your unwanted (lol) cannabis in an old duffel bag, drag it through the mud, and then announce, "Hey guys, look what I found yesterday when I was walking in the woods! You want some?"

No doubt, I have no trouble giving it away. Just need to keep that group of recipients managable! I guess it's the thrill of the hunt! I should think longer term for myself though, as I doubt I'll do this for more than another year or two. I'll have to start squirrelling it away for the future.

Gave them a good trim last night, removed 4 plants. staked them up. Insulated the veg side and opened it up a bit, intalled a dehumidifier. They are flowering nicely.

No doubt, I have no trouble giving it away. Just need to keep that group of recipients managable! I guess it's the thrill of the hunt! I should think longer term for myself though, as I doubt I'll do this for more than another year or two. I'll have to start squirrelling it away for the future.

Gave them a good trim last night, removed 4 plants. staked them up. Insulated the veg side and opened it up a bit, intalled a dehumidifier. They are flowering nicely.

Cant wait to see them

alright, things have been moving along nicely. we are in the most extreme heat of the summer and the box purrs along at 80-85 day 70-75 night no problem. The dehumidifier is keeping things at 50% although it seems like the AC is still picking up the bulk. The added heat from the DH makes the AC remove more moisture.

Ok 3 weeks into 12-12. Plants are way too tall, I could have flipped 2 weeks earlier. The buds look like long stem roses. 14" stem with a flower on top! As a result, I think I'll get some nice big buds.

IMG_04015.JPG

IMG_04038.JPG

IMG_03985.JPG

IMG_03974.JPG

Stretch is over, nutes are 100% flower mixture.

Them look sweet bro.I think your gonna have your hands full with all the erb your gonna pull off it.If you need any help whatsoever in disposing of those erbs when they are done I will bring my bong and do all I can to help you bro.:tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin::tokin:
After all whater freinds for:blunt::blunt::blunt:

I was out of town for a couple of days and learned they can't go 2 days without feeding. Few rust spots here and there on the leaves. Plenty of moisture over the 2 days though. Gave them a good feeding last night, I'll be checking on them later tonight.

Just started growing out a NYC Deisel as well as a kush clone for cuttings for the next round. Really excited to get some new strains going.

Environment is getting more and more dialed in everyday. Of course everthing will be different once it cools down outside this fall.

I'll try to get some better pics this week.

I forget what you're feeding them, but is it possible that your plants were borderline-deficient in Mg? Some base nutrient schedules don't seem to allow for cannabis' heavy requirements of it.

Been running GH FNB + all additives. Ran Calmag for first 3 weeks. running full strength 1 tbs per gallon which is way off the charts for DTW but anything less and they are pale. I am running hot though. I maxed out at just below 4.? ec and have been drawing it down. Just looks like fall, that all. It's funny, most of the affected leaves needed to go as they were shading buds. Almost as if.....

Back
Top Bottom