Twalte

Welcome to my first attempt at a Perpetual Grow and my first Journal at 420 Magazine. @Bill284 encouraged me to start a journal, and I just so happen to have some new seedlings. Feel free to pull up a chair and comment if you see any opportunities. I’m always looking to improve.

Most of my grow is automated with the AC Infinity Controller 69 and Kasa smart outlets. If I can help you with either of those, feel free to ask. They can be intimidating at first.

I have been growing in a 5x5 for several years and I recently decided to downsize to a 2x4 tent. While I appreciate the simplicity of maintaining a 2x4, I grew bored and decided that I would enjoy maintaining a separate veg and flower tent. So here we go….the fun begins.

Veg Tent (2x2 tent). Current conditions 73 degrees and 65% humidity.
I’m growing three new to me strains this winter…..
-Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy
-Seedsman L.A. Peyote Kush and
-DNA Genetics Godfather OG

Seed Starting: 15 hour soak in RO water with cal Mag and seaweed extract (ph’d to 6.5). Then sow in 16oz solo cups with Happy Frog soil. Put in a propagator at 75 degrees and 75 percent humidity and they popped in 4 days.

Feeding: I spray the seedlings and surrounding soil with a mild spray of Reverse Osmosis water, Cal Mag (6ml/g) and Seaweed Extract (28ml/g) regularly. I also used the sprayer to remove the husk off two of the plants’ leaves.

The ACI Controller 69 is managing the in-line fan, LED timing and dimmer, oscillating fan and humidifier to maintain a good environment for the seedlings.

I plan to keep these in the 2x2 for 4-5 weeks…..and then they will move to the larger 2x4 tent.

I will update these girls at least weekly. But I’ll check the journal daily.

So here’s a few photos for my first posting.

B84C7EEF-6E8D-401E-99A2-3D1DA97A430B.jpeg

8D9A4601-C221-4594-A60D-B19EB4606FDA.jpeg

The 2x4 flower tent currently at 78 degrees and 49% humidity,

It is currently full with 2 Nirvana Blue Dreams in week 8 of flower. I’m estimating two more weeks before harvest. I’ll need this tent for drying too before I can move the seedlings to this tent. Please pardon the wires….I had a power strip die mid-flower and had to scramble to get everything hooked up again. It will look better when I rewire it in 4 weeks.

I also want to point out that this was my first attempt at a SCROG. I didn’t defoliate enough….the canopy is way too thick.

6FDB2EAC-89A1-47FC-A789-72CFB89CBF00.jpeg

64C8DC9B-3039-4923-9C93-EC3A59043549.jpeg

594F617D-F4C8-4350-8B8B-01C50634B313.jpeg

I’ll try to update the trichome shots every few days as I wait for more amber trichomes.

95B54839-39BE-492E-95E7-B9243559E0BB.jpeg

Greetings, @Twalte and welcome to the :420: forums! Lot's of helpful folks on here happy to help with any questions.

I'd like to follow along. I do a perpetual grow and use organic nutes as well. Mines in a cabinet so a bit smaller than you've got.

I’m in.. What medium/style are you using?
Hi Keffka,
I’m a soil grower. I use Happy Frog with seedlings and Fox Farm Ocean Forest (plus 20% perlite) for transplants. As far as pots, I normally use 5 gallon GroPro Warrior pots but I’m learning to appreciate 5 gallon fiber pots again.

I like how you have your grow linked in your signature….I’ll be there in a minute.

Greetings, @Twalte and welcome to the :420: forums! Lot's of helpful folks on here happy to help with any questions.

I'd like to follow along. I do a perpetual grow and use organic nutes as well. Mines in a cabinet so a bit smaller than you've got.
Thanks for the nice welcome Azimuth! I’ll have to check out your cabinet grow….I’m intrigued.

Welcome to my first attempt at a Perpetual Grow and my first Journal at 420 Magazine. @Bill284 encouraged me to start a journal, and I just so happen to have some new seedlings. Feel free to pull up a chair and comment if you see any opportunities. I’m always looking to improve.

Most of my grow is automated with the AC Infinity Controller 69 and Kasa smart outlets. If I can help you with either of those, feel free to ask. They can be intimidating at first.

I have been growing in a 5x5 for several years and I recently decided to downsize to a 2x4 tent. While I appreciate the simplicity of maintaining a 2x4, I grew bored and decided that I would enjoy maintaining a separate veg and flower tent. So here we go….the fun begins.

Veg Tent (2x2 tent). Current conditions 73 degrees and 65% humidity.
I’m growing three new to me strains this winter…..
-Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy
-Seedsman L.A. Peyote Kush and
-DNA Genetics Godfather OG

Seed Starting: 15 hour soak in RO water with cal Mag and seaweed extract (ph’d to 6.5). Then sow in 16oz solo cups with Happy Frog soil. Put in a propagator at 75 degrees and 75 percent humidity and they popped in 4 days.

Feeding: I spray the seedlings and surrounding soil with a mild spray of Reverse Osmosis water, Cal Mag (6ml/g) and Seaweed Extract (28ml/g) regularly. I also used the sprayer to remove the husk off two of the plants’ leaves.

The ACI Controller 69 is managing the in-line fan, LED timing and dimmer, oscillating fan and humidifier to maintain a good environment for the seedlings.

I plan to keep these in the 2x2 for 4-5 weeks…..and then they will move to the larger 2x4 tent.

I will update these girls at least weekly. But I’ll check the journal daily.

So here’s a few photos for my first posting.

B84C7EEF-6E8D-401E-99A2-3D1DA97A430B.jpeg

8D9A4601-C221-4594-A60D-B19EB4606FDA.jpeg

The 2x4 flower tent currently at 78 degrees and 49% humidity,

It is currently full with 2 Nirvana Blue Dreams in week 8 of flower. I’m estimating two more weeks before harvest. I’ll need this tent for drying too before I can move the seedlings to this tent. Please pardon the wires….I had a power strip die mid-flower and had to scramble to get everything hooked up again. It will look better when I rewire it in 4 weeks.

I also want to point out that this was my first attempt at a SCROG. I didn’t defoliate enough….the canopy is way too thick.

6FDB2EAC-89A1-47FC-A789-72CFB89CBF00.jpeg

64C8DC9B-3039-4923-9C93-EC3A59043549.jpeg

594F617D-F4C8-4350-8B8B-01C50634B313.jpeg

I’ll try to update the trichome shots every few days as I wait for more amber trichomes.

95B54839-39BE-492E-95E7-B9243559E0BB.jpeg
Your scrog looks good. :thumb:
I like bushy girls.
Great start to your journal and thanks for the Tag.:thanks:
I'm looking forward to a fun grow. :high-five:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Thanks Bill! You have some really beautiful grows in your 2022 journal. I need to figure out your secret coding system on finished mason jars….😆. You obviously are more organized than me and I could learn from that.

Thanks for checking out the grow. Should be some fun strains.

Good day to you. Here is a quick update on the Veg tent.

Most of my Perpetual Journal will be focused on these new seedlings. I’ve always grown well-known strains with very little experimentation. I’m entering the unknown territory with these strains….more Sativa- heavy than I’m used to.

I just removed the propagator and now have them resting on the heat mat in the veg tent. I’m not sure how long I’ll leave the heat mat in place…..I need to read up on when to turn that off.

These strains mature at different rates, so I won’t be able to harvest all at the same time. Does that mean that SCROG is out of the question? I don’t think so…..but evaluating whether to SCROG or just use Low Stress Training. I have a few weeks to decide.

3AEC7550-8B29-4F8A-A90E-B9E84B8957D4.jpeg
540A0399-DAB2-4693-8893-F8E9B9F2C16B.jpeg

My first post included information about the Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy. That is the strain that excites me most at 60% Sativa. She also concerns me given her potential to get large, so I think I will have to SCROG this grow. My biggest question on this grow is whether I can SCROG three 5-gallon containers in a 2x4 tent. Seems to potentially be a little over crowded to me?

ManufacturerSeedsman
GeneticsGhost OG x Candyland Purple
VarietyMostly Sativa
Other FeaturesGreat For Beginners, SCROG Setup
Flowering TypePhotoperiod
SexFeminised
THC ContentVery High (over 20%)
THC Content27.54%
CBD ContentLow (0-1%)
CBD Content<1%
YieldHigh
YieldIndoors: 500 - 600 gr/m2; Outdoors: 700 - 900 gr/plant
Plant HeightOutdoors: 250 - 350 cm.
GrowsIndoors, Outdoors
Max Flowering Time12 weeks
Flowering Time70 - 84 days
Harvest MonthMid-October outdoors, northern hemisphere.
Taste / FlavourEarthy, Fruity, Lemon, Spicy / Herbal
EffectBalanced, Powerful, Relaxing, Stimulating

My second favorite strain that i want to try is The Godfather OG. Very high THC, relatively short flowering time.

BreederDNA Crew
Cannabis SpeciesHybrid
Flowering Time55-65 days
THC25%
CBD LevelLow (<2%)
Feels LikeEuphoric, Relaxing, Sleepy
Yield Indoors (per m²)Up to 450g/m²
Yield OutdoorsUp to 550 gr
To TreatInsomnia, Pain, Stress
TastePine, Sweet, Woody
Skill LevelEasy
Plant SexFeminized
CultivateIndoor/Outdoor
SizeMedium

LA Peyote Kush also looks pretty amazing. If I have to kill off one plant, this may be the one that gets it since I have more seeds. However, so sounds amazing too.

ManufacturerSeedsman
GeneticsLA Kush x Peyote Purple
VarietyMostly Indica
Other FeaturesDense Buds
SexFeminised
THC ContentVery High (over 20%)
THC Content25%
CBD ContentUnknown
YieldMedium
GrowsIndoors, Outdoors
Max Flowering Time9 weeks
Flowering Time56 - 63 days
EffectRelaxing, Strong, Uplifting

And a quick update on “Trichome Watch” in the flower tent. I am in week 8 with a strain that flowers in 7-9 weeks. I believe my harvest window is open, but I’m waiting for a little more amber. I’m willing to go to ten weeks as long as too much amber doesn’t show up.

E0A31AF6-582A-45D0-8E39-818B1FB07865.jpeg
D18EA354-B0CC-4362-81F3-E7B0A053503D.jpeg
A7E923AE-C30B-49DE-A6FD-A589F961D748.jpeg
DE0849DB-8D82-4710-8929-CE86B4E2CB7E.jpeg

Thanks Bill! You have some really beautiful grows in your 2022 journal. I need to figure out your secret coding system on finished mason jars….😆. You obviously are more organized than me and I could learn from that.

Thanks for checking out the grow. Should be some fun strains.
I had 25 girls so I just used the alphabet, I figured I might have a A-2 for 25.
But didn't need that.
So A plus month and day , seed Co. and weight in grams.
A 10 - 14 HS. 35g.
I used to use masking tape but it's messy.
I grabbed a bunch of labels from the dollar store for this grow.
Looks much neater.
Hope that helps.
Talk soon.

Stay safe

For training you could look at quadlining. Keeps each in its own container and you can move them around as you need to. Link in my sig if you want to read up.
Thank you Azimuth! I’ve never heard of it, but I will spend the morning researching it. While I love the even canopy of a SCROG, I prefer to be able to remove them from the tent. I may have more questions for you, but I’ll do my research first.

Thanks again!

For training you could look at quadlining. Keeps each in its own container and you can move them around as you need to. Link in my sig if you want to read up.
I’m sold!! That Quadlining write up is excellent!!! The branches that are removed from the seedling are rarely of much benefit at maturity. I plan to wait for 6 nodes, at which time I will top above the 4th node. I’ll remove nodes one and two a few days earlier.

I was really struggling with how to grow three 5 gallon containers in a 2x4 and this is the perfect solution. Thanks again!

I’m sold!! That Quadlining write up is excellent!!! The branches that are removed from the seedling are rarely of much benefit at maturity. I plan to wait for 6 nodes, at which time I will top above the 4th node. I’ll remove nodes one and two a few days earlier.

I was really struggling with how to grow three 5 gallon containers in a 2x4 and this is the perfect solution. Thanks again!

If you are in the mood to explore a bit, check out the #SIP Club thread in my sig as well. It's a grow pot with a built in reservoir and provides for larger healthier plants than most get with the wet/dry cycle. It has been a real game changer for me and more of us are growing with them all the time.

If you are in the mood to explore a bit, check out the #SIP Club thread in my sig as well. It's a grow pot with a built in reservoir and provides for larger healthier plants than most get with the wet/dry cycle. It has been a real game changer for me and more of us are growing with them all the time.
Funny! I was just on the SIP page researching it. I recently purchased four of these wick systems (still in a box). I assume this is nothing more than a simple SIP?

18EE2014-5E55-4974-9A24-5FD1B812FF12.jpeg

80AB9D33-FBEA-4002-9CC1-2B922ED63525.jpeg

Funny! I was just on the SIP page researching it. I recently purchased four of these wick systems (still in a box). I assume this is nothing more than a simple SIP?

18EE2014-5E55-4974-9A24-5FD1B812FF12.jpeg

80AB9D33-FBEA-4002-9CC1-2B922ED63525.jpeg
No, That's called a SWICK. Different wicking system but same basic idea, soil above, water below and an air gap in between. The roots will grow down the wicks and I've found you should try to match the number of wicks to the size of the plant since each wick can only wick so much.

Week 8 of flower continues, and I’m watching trichomes on one Blue Dream that is maturing faster than the other. I believe I could harvest now, but I want to harvest both at the same time. I will need the tent for drying, so both must come down at the same time.

Cola and trichome photos are below…..soooooo close to being ready. I hope to harvest after Thanksgiving.
9624EEE6-F10C-470C-B2CE-8806790A4B42.jpeg

E25C1EF0-B54A-4940-ABEA-140BECF90347.jpeg

Seedlings are looking good. Increased light intensity from 10% a few days ago to 30%. Light is 20” above the seedlings. I now have an oscillating fan on them to help strengthen their stems.

26F1A5CD-6082-40C9-8FBB-6CCEA9D39169.jpeg
0A8CA198-9C56-4306-8C49-CD2317FEC3CC.jpeg

Week 8 of flower continues, and I’m watching trichomes on one Blue Dream that is maturing faster than the other. I believe I could harvest now, but I want to harvest both at the same time. I will need the tent for drying, so both must come down at the same time.

Cola and trichome photos are below…..soooooo close to being ready. I hope to harvest after Thanksgiving.
9624EEE6-F10C-470C-B2CE-8806790A4B42.jpeg

E25C1EF0-B54A-4940-ABEA-140BECF90347.jpeg

Seedlings are looking good. Increased light intensity from 10% a few days ago to 30%. Light is 20” above the seedlings. I now have an oscillating fan on them to help strengthen their stems.

26F1A5CD-6082-40C9-8FBB-6CCEA9D39169.jpeg
0A8CA198-9C56-4306-8C49-CD2317FEC3CC.jpeg
How is her nutrient uptake.
When she is finished flowering she will stop eating.
Is she still consuming nutrients regularly?
Beautiful work btw. :thumb:

Stay safe

Those trichomes make her look done from here!
Your timing is excellent Azimuth. I appreciate you input! I’ve been debating if I can postpone harvest until after Thanksgiving, and I suspect I need to harvest sooner. So I’m planning to harvest on Sunday.

This is the second plant in the tent…..does she look finished to you too, or would you wait?

39B4CEBC-5494-450F-8F4B-1913358DCB36.jpeg

0AD66B17-9F1C-4CDF-A1BC-5EFF2C5A61D0.jpeg

67090D62-ED30-4C8B-BD48-0775E7017500.jpeg

D8E0074B-CEB8-4277-AF4F-0D3E3CA33DE8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom