So..... When are buds ready to jar up ?

Stoned Redneck

Hey gang ,so i have always gone by when the stalks snap when you bend them and the buds just snap off with no effort ...your ready to go. well ,i have some that has been hanging close to a month and the stems still just bend...no snap....So..... what do you think ? Thanks

It shouldn't take more than 14 days tops for pretty big thick buds in 69 to 70 degrees with 55 to 60% humidity.

I can almost guarantee your buds are too dry.
I dont pay any attention to the stems at all.
What you need is to take a fairly small bud about day 7 or 8 and put that into a mason jar with a hygrometer.
You want it to be close to 62% after several hours.
If it's over 64% then let them hang two more days.
Keep repeating this until buds put into jars are between 60 to 64%.

Then add a 62% Boveda pack into the jar after you have the bud stabilized as close to 62% as you can.
Burp daily for a week, then maybe 3x a week the next week or so.
After that just store in the dark at a stable 70 degrees.

Hey gang ,so i have always gone by when the stalks snap when you bend them and the buds just snap off with no effort ...your ready to go. well ,i have some that has been hanging close to a month and the stems still just bend...no snap....So..... what do you think ? Thanks
That seems like a very long time and you must be blessed with very good humidity in your drying room. If the RH is near 70% they may never snap...
I would cut the buds off of the branches at this point and put them in a paper sack for a few hours with a hygrometer to measure where you are at. If you are below 70%, it is time to jar them and then burp them down into the cure range of 59-65. Keep it in that range as long as you can too... should be easy after such a long and steady dry.

What every else said.

Only thing I can add is that if I wait till my stems snap its too dry.

I've never been disappointed with flowers that were a little too fresh into the jars.

You cant really fix over dry flowers.

Well they sure roll up nice ... Thank you all for your thoughts. Yes , up here in the Great. North Wet ( west) humidity is always around . I’ll jar them up . I don’t think it’s too dry . Never had any complaints

That’s right . A friend with weed .. is a friend indeed. I’m growing Mesh Ma Con . I can’t remember how it’s spelled . Good Sativa. I also grew a bunch of Mexician Sativa. That what they called it . Great stuff . I just use a big hoop tent , open end green house . It’s close to 12 feet tall in the center Field weed I call it

The wind kinda picked up . I made it so the plastic would blow off instead of the whole thing coming down.. it worked

Attachments

• 082551CA-0366-4525-9419-F2D2886EB009.jpeg
    082551CA-0366-4525-9419-F2D2886EB009.jpeg
    670.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 25C8AA7B-A298-4EE9-A026-48CBA9635AEE.jpeg
    25C8AA7B-A298-4EE9-A026-48CBA9635AEE.jpeg
    899.7 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom