Sobergrower 2022 Bruce Banner Midway

Sobergrower

Well better to the show. I have lurked on this and other sites for several years. This is my first grow journal on this site.

The ladies are four Bruce Banner clones. They are 5 weeks into flower and doing well (pictures coming soon). They were vegged for four weeks and then flipped.

The planter set up includes 5 interconnected tubs with 4 two gallon pots placed on top. There is a bulk reservoir outside the tent that provides nutrients to the sub irrigation tubs via a float valve.

The plants are in a medium called turface. Currently the plants get top watered once an hour no matter if the lights are in or off.

I am using Jacks 5-12-26, Calcinit, Epsom salts and Great white for my nutrients. I use well water with a starting PPM ~100 and PH of 7.0. The bulk reservoir contains about 10 gallons of solution at a PPM of 850 (etc 1.7) Currently the PPM in the sub irrigation system is around 1300 (etc 2.6). I used to check the PH level and try to chase it back to 6.0. This run I have not used one drop of PH UP OR DOWN.

Tent setup is a 4’x4’x6’ tent. I am growing in a basement closet space and am height limited. I have two lights giving life to the plants. The older one is a Mars Hydro reflector series and the newer one is from spider farmer. I have two fans moving air in the tent and a 6” exhaust fan pulling through a carbon filter.

Well enough of that here come some pictures.

The tent, main reservoir, and exhaust.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The last photo is one of the main colas on the runt of the litter. She started off slow but has done a great job catching up.

I love this part of the grow cycle and am very please with this grow so far. I have made many mistakes and learned from each one.

When I open the tent I get to see changes every day and the smell is coming forward.

That's a nice setup, and your plants are beautiful. I'd love to follow along and watch those buds get bigger and fatter ;)

I thought I would add that I am doing a little experiment (ok there have been quite a few) with this grow. Here are two colas that I have decided to try back building. I have read a lot about this subject and believe the only way to confirm or deny that it is useful is to do it myself and come to my own conclusion (I am still struggling with completely stripping the girls of their leaves).

Back building is a technique where the pistils at the top of the cola are given a haircut. Growers show that this causes the cola to begin growing faster instead of continuing to grow vertical.

The subjects I selected are the two tallest I. The tent. I will keep track and compare thes to the others that I have left alone.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I thought I would add that I am doing a little experiment (ok there have been quite a few) with this grow. Here are two colas that I have decided to try back building. I have read a lot about this subject and believe the only way to confirm or deny that it is useful is to do it myself and come to my own conclusion (I am still struggling with completely stripping the girls of their leaves).

Back building is a technique where the pistils at the top of the cola are given a haircut. Growers show that this causes the cola to begin growing faster instead of continuing to grow vertical.

The subjects I selected are the two tallest I. The tent. I will keep track and compare thes to the others that I have left alone.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Yes it's kinda the same concept of super cropping in flower to stop lateral growth and promote fattening....I've done this cuz I've had to , to save space lol never just to see....so awesome something else to watch unfold

Well they're looking good SG! Congratulations on a happy tent! Be checking up on ya for sure! I like the shape of your tent, it looks so homey! Bruce Banner is still something I haven't ran yet and it is so popular on this forum!

Welcome again and I'm glad that you were able to get a journal up and going-so much easier for everyone to follow you!

Good luck, I'll be around with some smoke and food

Hey @Sobergrower! :ciao:

You have a nice looking set-up and what's inside looks very nice!

Just curious, where does that exhaust vent to?

I'll be stalking following the lead of @Krissi1982 and sitting in for a while! :):)

Looking forward!

Hey @Sobergrower! :ciao:

You have a nice looking set-up and what's inside looks very nice!

Just curious, where does that exhaust vent to?

I'll be stalking following the lead of @Krissi1982 and sitting in for a while! :):)

Looking forward!
He's stalking for the food I said I was bringing...he's like a mountain lion who hasnt been able to hunt in weeks SoberGrower, put a lock on your kitchen cabinets :rofl:

Welcome the party GBD. Cabinets are wide open friends. I grow for the joy of being this plant to the end of life (wow that just went dark).

GDB- my tent is in a basement closet and I wanted to exhaust the hot air I cut a hole in the wall and on the ther side of the wall is our crawl space. Keeps the tent and room from getting to hot. It kind of looks like a scene from an old movie called Brazil, where the government ran ductwork and conduit through walls.

I managed to get The Rona this week so been a bit slow. Fortunately my set up is pretty well automated. Lights and feed cycles are on separate timers. Feed happens once an hour for about 20 seconds. My supply reservoir holds up to 17 gallons and sub irrigation system holds another 15 or so.

I check to make sure the timers are still operating on their schedule. I had a situation last grow where the light time reverted back to being on 24/7 and my plants began to reveg (big live and learn moment).

Anyway, things are chugging along in the tent.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What do you mean the 1st snake? What is your current snake protocol?
We usually have a dozen or so encounters with these bull snakes each year. I do not mind them but have a blind dog and another dog that has a napoleon complex. As long as they stay out of the back yard they are fine.

I usually try to relocate them to the far corner of the property. This one was easily moved to a safer location. Bull snakes can be aggressive but they also keep rattle snakes at bay.

Back
Top Bottom