Soil Got Soaked

... it's been raining pretty hard last few days, appears I sprung a leak in my supersoil container and it is soupy. Question, can i just let it dry out and everything be ok?
I am trying to imagine what the container is and how it sprung a leak. Just a random thought.

Yes, if it can be dried out fairly soon then everything will be OK. Anyway, one thing you could try is to dump the container onto a tarp, spread the soil out and let it start to dry. All the excess water will start to run off to the sides and off the tarp. If need be take the container into a garage or shed before dumping it in case more rain is expected. If you are in California or the far west side of the US there is more rain coming according to the latest forecast I saw this morning.

If you do not have any other plants of any kind growing at this point there is not much use of trying to save the excess water. Let it run out and away from the soil you are trying to dry out. Trying to save it could mean that any organic material in the water will continue to decompose but it will decompose "anaerobically" which means 'without oxygen'.

Back
Top Bottom