Soil help please

Thanks for the info. If I didn't get the rock dust into it will it reset the clock on cook time if I disturb the soil to mix that in?

Nah....you will be fine. Generally its best to leave it alone but its better to mix something in later than not mix it in at all.

How long do you plan on letting it go before using it?

thanks. I'm going to go take a look at your soil thread. I'm really enjoying learning more about it. I did an all organic grow outdoor last year but the yields were not very high. I think I didn't water them enough.

You gotta go really big pots outdoors. Also you don't want dark pots outdoors. The dark will conduct the heat and can cook the roots. Also dries out the soil too fast.

You can use dark pots but you have to insulate with straw or something similar. Also I would recommend at least 25 gallon pots outdoors.

I did 25 or 30g smartpots. the gray ones. I think they just didn't get enough water. I read so much about not overwatering that I think I went to far in the other direction.

Ok, those are good sizes....but that grey will also absorb a lot of heat. I would consider getting a bail of straw and insulating it. Will go a long way in helping keep the soil moist and the roots in a better temp range. Those two things run hand in hand.

I think you are right. I'm going to create my own raised beds this year. 100ish gal size. chicken wire and hay around the outside to hold the soil. cheaper than bags that big especially since hay is free on the farm.

I did a blog entry on the old site, that shows my recipe and the mixing. Supposedly 420 Magazine is planning on bringing those blog links over and making them active. I hope they do, because I made that blog to store my recipe....I can't even duplicate it again if they don't make them active.

Back
Top Bottom