Some Old Guy's Soil Grows

Shed, that stuff is fantastic, just a sample no headache lol I've picked a couple out, the sacks and pollen are intact, I washed them per "The Way" so I hope they wont do any "work" I wont be saving any of the seeds, to chaotic for herms. Now, this
20210121_063051.jpg

There's a paleness in this new growth and tips down, first gear was a light MC feed with a bit extra calmag, today first in the new FFOF at 6ish weeks. Just a few ounces around the stalk then a solo cup of PHd water around the outside. This FFOF dries out and wont take up much, I've slow saturate and it just runs off and theres no moisture an inch down but roots are wetish. Second gear, lower the 300watt down from 75% to 60%..looking to coast for a minute and see what happens. I'm thinking put her under the higher lighting area where the photos sit. The other three are much less mature and not showing this at all.

Did you just transplant it?
No, it's been in that pot since before Christmas. It had roots poking out the bottom of the bag before new year's day. The others roots have as well, I expect them to catch up quick if the LST doesn't stunt them to much. I'm just getting them to lean over and not much worried about apical issues. I think I will try some early topping on the next batch. I saw a thread on "huge autos" something I liked about one comment about topping and LST, guys got can or corn colas laying there and I'm like wow, so close to how I was doing and I pulled over 300 grams off one of those White Widows last year on my first grow inside in 20+ years even with my hodgepodge setup at the beginning. Not an exact confirmation but pretty close.

I started back to working fulltime last week so I've little time to comment on my operation.
20210129_180326.jpg

Top view of my big Bruce Banner auto
20210129_180258.jpg

From the side and it's a monster! No topping just minor LST opening it up and letting it go. It has 13 double nodes and another 6 above those. The flowers are really blowing pistols now, so the stretch is probably over I hope because it's getting close to the light.
I did cut the power back on the lights and raised them up and that fade has receded a lot. I hit them with a few ounces of calmag solution per gallon each feed/water. If I vary the schedule the leaves will lose that upwards look but they are far from dry or saturated and getting water/feed everyday now. I did raise the lights more and increased the power. I was fighting with my humidifier getting real hot not realizing I had added a low dose of nutrients and dumped a couple cups in the reservoir OMG the whole tank was practically melting it was so hot I couldn't pick it up. The electrodes are badly degraded now so I put it on a timer to run for 30 minutes and off for 30. I have a smoke detector and a Co2 alarm in the grow to give a quick warning and a good fire extinguisher.

Ok I tried this last night annnnd... wow there is a lot of med in my meds man! I got this trippy gene plant, it started going with 3 blade leaves
20210204_171951.jpg

Nothing different going on feed/water wise and flowers are stacking pistols like crazy. This one didnt stretch along with the other late sprouting pair, swear it's got to be the moon cycle because I just had to drop the monster down
20210204_171635.jpg

Look at that thing! If it wasnt flowering under 20/4 lighting I'd be positive it was photo. The little LST I'm doing is paying off and my leftover photos
20210204_171703.jpg

Are re-vegging kinda I guess. Theres no sign of hermaphrodite although the new growth looks wonky AF it's still has some fat ass seeds (purposely done with care) I'll be pulling those this weekend. I've got a rough weight off these and it was right at 2 pounds, photos and autos.

So I have free time* again. I was hoping I'd get some new growth off my old photos
20210208_090502.jpg

Boom! I had some seeds in the smaller buds left to finish maturing and as soon as I picked those off it exploded! I'm looking good for some clones a few weeks out. I'll stick with soil growing for now but I will be lurking in those new clone threads for some good info.
My autoflower grow is doing ok I guess, just found some fungus gnats on my yellow cards fml, its probably why I keep seeing crab leaves on new growth. I'm so fvcking sick of these things, it really messed the one plant up. It's like it shutoff the flowers and slowed it way down. More spinosad application is required so much fun lol not.
Ok the "free time" I took a temp to fulltime job doing apartment maintenance. I have a destroyed back, simple, nothing heavier than a gallon of milk. The fvcks give me a choice, hump a refrigerator up to the third floor or hit the fvcking road..I humped that fvcked up there. My problem, is I can do it but then I have to take it easy or I'll have these back muscle spasms, like a thigh or calf cramp ok? I was reaching down to put on my shoes the next day and BAM! Oh man I fell on the damn floor and about pissed myself it hurt so bad. I was already dressed so I went in, told them what happened and headed home. Temp agency calls after 5pm tells me the job called and said they're workload isnt what would require an extra person and I'm no longer needed, after 72 hours of employment. Fvcked up my UI, had to file a new claim, dont even know if they'll accept it. Haven't gotten my tax returns from last year, no stimulus NONE! No 1200, no 600 NAFT My settlement savings are fvcking gone. 4.32 in the bank..hey something awesome though, my meds gave me a lotion that relieves pain like nothing I've ever had. Not even prescription lidocaine patches gave me this much pain relief. Its allowed me to stretch these spasms out and get back on my feet damn quick, a couple ibuprofen on top and I'm ready to get back to work..I've lost count of how many jobs I lost because of this back problem. I always bring it up, explain it's an old injury, and they always end up pushing me to hurt myself or quit because they know it isn't they're responsibility because it happened before I got there. I've had them smile to my face as they said GTFOH and go see a doctor JFC

I'm not sure I dont have some wizard powers myself.
20210220_122237.jpg

Gelato on the left, Bruce Banner on the right. The Gelato is about 2 weeks older than the Bruce Banner, but it finally caught up to the Gelato. They are both sitting on the same level now. The other Gelato
20210214_201949.jpg

Lower left is a different pheno I guess but its stacking up real nice now and I think I'm going to get one of those "can of corn" colas out of the main. It's so frosty and smells so good. I have some fade going and I cant quite figure out why. I'm up to 5 gram per gallon MC feeding. I'm giving them 2 full solo cups each day and more when the pots get really lite weight wise. It takes about 4 cups to bring them to run off. I did a plain water schedule for a few days last week, the fade was only on the older plant until then and nothing bad really and the flowers are stacking so I went up from 4 grams to 5 and the fade is still there and progressing. Now the other younger plants are catching up to the faded one. I don't think anything major is wrong and this is a natural thing. With the younger Bruce Banner catching up I'm done with anymore stretch and I might cut my 20/4 lights back to 18/6, an hour off each side over a couple days.
I've got my last harvest curing and some of it is just fantastic so far, I just had some GMO and I can't concentrate very well lol.

I have some frosty conditions to report
20210225_164951.jpg

Seriously considering this grow to be on target for evidence of LITFA. I've done a little cutting and a couple more LST to spread stuff out and it has thickened up.
20210221_100810.jpg

About Monday little girl stunted but throwing a big main. Wait till I cut this down wow.

I'm closing in on the end of this last grow.
20210306_042100.jpg

I am very impressed with how well changing up the soil went. I'm getting "fade" on my oldest plant and its started up on the others which are about 10 days apart. I have some reveg photos I will cut maybe this weekend to clone. Spring is springing and I really want to get back outside but no outdoor grows here..yet. It's all good tho I think I can swing the light bill for now.

These girls I tell ya what
20210319_175135.jpg

Trics are still mostly clear with a few milkish looking and old amber but wow
20210319_175142.jpg

This Bruce Banner is falling out I dont think it got enough fan so maybe it isnt loads of resin? Most of the pistols have gone red but a few new ones are still coming out. Now this one..
20210319_175155.jpg

The surfaces are nothing but trics still mostly clear but frosty and sticky. Well I'm off to tie up some buds so they dont snap off.

With the extra growth on the lowers, I wonder how much better a photo would do with the LST you have shown @InTheShed I'm not going against the autos but I had a few great photos last time that I could spread that growth out with the LST and not worry about stunting them. I've got to get a clone method, for the revegged photo I have. Do I need a special enclosure? Idk but the cured stuff is mellow. I'm going to look about, I think there's a couple clone wizards about.

I was absolute shit at cloning (tried for 8 months and many methods without success), and then I found the beez0404 cloning method and have almost 100% success since.

I made a couple of tweaks to his (I swear by Dip'n Grow cloning liquid, use just distilled water, and I keep the domes on for a week and them gradually tip them back a bit more each day after that), but it has made cloning something I no longer worry about.

Back
Top Bottom