Something just seems wrong

Wulves

Idk I know something is wrong and I can't figure it out.
Auto Blueberry GS
Some leaves are cupping . Some are yellowing,the plant looks shitty.
But temperature is 70° to 78° always
Humidity 50% to 60% constantly.
No pests ,checked and double checked.
Lights are LED ,12 inches away did the hand test ,it's find.
Happy Frog soil same as my several other grows.
Watering around the plant first ,then gradually watering further out toward pot edges until I get 20% runoff water in pan
The only thing I changed is I tried this stupid barrel pot.
But I have plenty of drain holes in it .
I changed my pots because my several other autos I grew were becoming root bound ,I realized this after harvesting them and emptying the plant from the pots , so I went wider in stead of deeper.
So did I screw myself with this barrel pot ?
I know something isn't right.
I included a photo of my pot photo #1
) I used before switching over to this Barrel pot.
Thank you.

20210602_174746.jpg

20211023_213610.jpg

20211023_213559.jpg

20211023_213554.jpg

20211023_213532.jpg

Auto Blueberry GS
Watering around the plant first ,then gradually watering further out toward pot edges until I get 20% runoff water in pan
I changed my pots because my several other autos I grew were becoming root bound ,I realized this after harvesting them and emptying the plant from the pots , so I went wider in stead of deeper.
Thank you.

20210602_174746.jpg

20211023_213610.jpg

20211023_213559.jpg

20211023_213554.jpg

20211023_213532.jpg
Here is a full photo of the setup

20211023_220322.jpg

The barrel pot is fine, that first pot is awful, good on you for replacing it. I didn't see you mention what you are feeding, are you giving cal/mag ? Beyond that, the other thing I would mention is you need to water differently in the barrel vs that tall thing you used to use. This article has great info if you haven't read it already :

Thank you ,lmao , I got some good plants out of those narrow pots LOL.
I'm not giving it any nutes yet ,she is only been in this pot about 14 days.
I figured the Happy Frog has plenty of food for her right now ,a whole huge barrel of soil filled with food for now.
I don't know anything about Cal/Mag
I have to read up on it.
And no test kit either, really fixed income. Several other grows without readings have turned out great just guessing my readings .
Here a photo of my last grow.
Do you see anything going on with this grow , I'm just not feeling like all's well.
Thank you again.

20210904_152612.png

The barrel pot is fine, that first pot is awful, good on you for replacing it. I didn't see you mention what you are feeding, are you giving cal/mag ? Beyond that, the other thing I would mention is you need to water differently in the barrel vs that tall thing you used to use. This article has great info if you haven't read it already :
I will read Emily article ,thank you she's genius

Auto Blueberry GS
Thank you.

20210602_174746.jpg

20211023_213610.jpg

20211023_213559.jpg

20211023_213554.jpg

20211023_213532.jpg
Could this be hop latent viroid disease? Some people call in dudding. In my opinion this could be something you might want to look into...looks like some sort of stunting. You can get it from infected seeds purchased online. The legal industry is taking a big hit over this these days.
I'm not buying seeds online anymore after a few people I know just shut down because they couldn't get rid of it. They sold tons of different strains around Canada. This shit spreads like wildfire. Sorry if I'm freaking anyone out, but it's a real thing.
And you saying something just seems wrong caught my attention.

Could this be hop latent viroid disease? Some people call in dudding. In my opinion this could be something you might want to look into...looks like some sort of stunting. You can get it from infected seeds purchased online. The legal industry is taking a big hit over this these days.
I'm not buying seeds online anymore after a few people I know just shut down because they couldn't get rid of it. They sold tons of different strains around Canada. This shit spreads like wildfire. Sorry if I'm freaking anyone out, but it's a real thing.
And you saying something just seems wrong caught my attention.
Then again, the fact that's it's just the top of the plant kind of looks like light burn

I think she is just hungry and needs some cal/mag. Happy frog is a great soil for starting plants, but it is NOT a heavily loaded soil, and tho it may have worked for you in the past, it is clearly not working for this individual plant.

I would put the emphasis on the cal/mag - you probably *can* get away with not feeding regular nutes, BUT - unless you are for some reason wanting a small plant? Idk why you would.

What up Wulves?

Curious as to why it’s planted so far off center in the barrel?? prolly some truth to the saying…. the plant above ground mirrors the rootball below ground. I’ve had a few like this and in my case it seems the roots never hooked up with the soil. I‘m NOT suspecting a root problem or soil problem at this time, but I do have a question for you…..

When you translated into barrel did you score the roots in a few places with sterile knife??

When you buy ornamental tree or shrub from nursery they recommend scoring - but the host plant needs to be root-bound AF…. like white sides cuz the roots are so prevalent kinda root bound is what I’m talikng about.

you build roots in veg so she can use them in flower, chicks will freely build roots in veg, but at some point in flower cycle the root expansion slows or stops altogether……

right now I’ve got a Super Silver Haze that’s floundering around, it was upcanned from a solo cup way too early (yup- my bad) into a 1 gallon. It’s at least 8 weeks old, it’s got about 8 nodes and looks pitiful…. in my case I guarantee my solo cup rootball has not hooked up with the one gallon soil….

imho….overwatering & upcan too fast are really bad combo, think this is where you are…supposedly scoring the roots signals the plant to take over its new home…..

my 2 cents, keep us posted

best of luck

It's really centered in the pot exactly.
That's the results of LST
If anything next plant will be off centered , like at eight o'clock.
Because as you know , once you bend her LST , she grows in that direction until you LST another part.
So it looks off center ,but itz not.
And I ran out of training room .
I never heard of scoring the roots before transplanting ,sounds risky,I'd have to read into that procedure more before adapting it.
Thank you so much.

ahh cool you’ve got her bent over and strapped down, makes more sense now!! Figured you had a reason but wasn’t apparent by the pics.

scoring the roots doesn’t work well on young plants small rootball like solo cups etc,, but at final upcan on strong healthy VEG plant yes scoring is good stuff….

making further distinction it’s good on veg plants but prolly would not try this on flowering plant

You are welcome - hope it helps!!!

Back
Top Bottom