Big Bloom
Tiger Bloom
And Grow Big
PH at 6.2
Under Spider Farmer SF 2200
16 inches above
Temp 73 Humidity 45 avg
And she is not vibrant .
I am watching my watering practices but it's my first time using a Smart Pot. So maybe I'm over or under watering ?
And no pests.
Is it just generics or is something going on .
Idk looking for input.
Thanks

20220726_082340.jpg

20220726_082332.jpg

20220726_082327.jpg

please also confirm that you are using the FF nutrients as recommended by the soil feeding chart and using a f/w/f/w pattern
Hi Emi. I am using the recommended and the chart .
It's 3tsp Big Bloom
2 Grow Big
2Tiger Bloom
About a Gallon every 3 days
It seems these Smart Pots dry out quicker.
I mean it's really dry to nuckle in 3 days ,and I'm getting run off after a gallon.
So I'm stumped .

Hi Emi. I am using the recommended and the chart .
It's 3tsp Big Bloom
2 Grow Big
2Tiger Bloom
About a Gallon every 3 days
It seems these Smart Pots dry out quicker.
I mean it's really dry to nuckle in 3 days ,and I'm getting run off after a gallon.
So I'm stumped .
Dear Stumped,
I bet you didn't do the end of veg flush too... it is very important in the FF system.

You didn't answer about f/w/f/w so let me explain that it is highly recommended to feed and then water only on the next watering, and alternate all through the grow. This helps to keep the soil clean of excess nutrients.

The important thing is your watering practices though. Of course it feels dry to the third knuckle after 3 days, because the plants use some of the water and the rest falls to the bottom because of gravity. You can't feel it from the top, but it is there in the bottom and center core of your smart container and this is why you can only give 1g before getting runoff... you are simply adding to the water table that is already there.

Change from the knuckle method to the lift the pot method, and stop watering so often so that the very bottom roots can dry out between waterings. This will change everything. Give the containers a good 3x flush as was recommended on the feeding chart and f/w/f/w from now on. You will find quick improvement and an increase in water use once this is all sorted out.

Dear Stumped,
I bet you didn't do the end of veg flush too... it is very important in the FF system.

You didn't answer about f/w/f/w so let me explain that it is highly recommended to feed and then water only on the next watering, and alternate all through the grow. This helps to keep the soil clean of excess nutrients.

The important thing is your watering practices though. Of course it feels dry to the third knuckle after 3 days, because the plants use some of the water and the rest falls to the bottom because of gravity. You can't feel it from the top, but it is there in the bottom and center core of your smart container and this is why you can only give 1g before getting runoff... you are simply adding to the water table that is already there.

Change from the knuckle method to the lift the pot method, and stop watering so often so that the very bottom roots can dry out between waterings. This will change everything. Give the containers a good 3x flush as was recommended on the feeding chart and f/w/f/w from now on. You will find quick improvement and an increase in water use once this is all sorted out.
Thank you again. Your right I have not f/w f/ w darn it .
And today I filled another smart pot with the same FF soil so I can do a lift comparison, I thought yesterday that I could be OW with the knuckle check.
And I did not do and end of Veg flush.
No matter how much I read your information I mess up.
I guess 65 winters is catching up.
I will follow your advice again , and thank you for your time with me.
Your friend
Stumpy

Thank you again. Your right I have not f/w f/ w darn it .
And today I filled another smart pot with the same FF soil so I can do a lift comparison, I thought yesterday that I could be OW with the knuckle check.
And I did not do and end of Veg flush.
No matter how much I read your information I mess up.
I guess 65 winters is catching up.
I will follow your advice again , and thank you for your time with me.
Your friend
Stumpy
Glad to help my friend. Its always the little things. :)

Back
Top Bottom