Somethings doing this to my first sets of leaves?

Smokemupm8

Hi everyone, thanks for dropping in. My girl is about a month old, and ive had few slight problems with her but thankfully she's still alive! Now her fresh growth looks great atm, but her mid canopy was in great health then slowly started to get this dark spotting here and there.. Any ideas, suggestions much appreciated:welcome: She's in soil, light nutes quarter strength with watering, 400w MH 45 cm above top canopy-temps 23-30*C,Rh 25%-56%.. 20/4 for next week then 18/6 til flower..
2012-07-16_14_27_05.jpg
Starting in middle finger usually,this is first 3 bladed leafs damage.
2012-07-16_14_22_04.jpg
Bit of closer pic of the spots
2012-07-16_14_20_36.jpg
2012-07-16_14_27_23.jpg
Starting to get little bit on her 5 finger leaf..
2012-07-16_14_23_23.jpg
closer of 5 bladed fan leaf. ANY HELP APPRECIATED!! Thanks again:)

Re: Somethings doing this to my first sets of leaves??

P.S/ Should i cut the single bladed leaves off that are affected as in last pic, im thinking its some bacteria? maybe leaves contacting each other s spreading it??? Dont know, but the first leaves are still just green not all chewed up n distorted too bad?? IM stressin tho!! HELP:circle-of-love:

Have you tested your soil PH or even run off ?

I dug out some pdf files regarding wood chip used in growing mediums worth doing abit of research on this sort of stuff tho.

https://www.uaex.edu/Other_Areas/publications/PDF/FSA-6097.pdf

https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/RS-040.pdf
Hi Fuzzy! Thank you for your info on the wood chips etc; in potting mix, my potting mix is pretty much just soil, i have mixed in little pea straw mulch and some calmag with slow release ferts, only a little nothing overkill.
I check my soils PH regularly, Never under 6.0 or over 6.7, as for run off i havent checked that yet as i want to know if my runoff s PH is higher than soils, what can i do to alter the runoff's ph? I use distilled water / tap water for Cindy, tap water left 24 hrs to evap. chlorine, Her growth is looking heaps better now since i added P+K and some quart strength Nitrosol( 8%N,6 p,3K), the damage has not spread any further up my plant, and seems to be limited now??Fingers X'd!! She has grown height wise again over night .5 inch and all hands are up reaching for light as they should!! Monitoring my watering levels as i rekn i let pot dry too much due to thinking some advice was correct when she was most likely needing a drink..No signs of over/under water atm too.. Will load todays pics later..Thanks again FUZZY:)

P.S/ Should i cut the single bladed leaves off that are affected as in last pic, im thinking its some bacteria? maybe leaves contacting each other s spreading it??? Dont know, but the first leaves are still just green not all chewed up n distorted too bad?? IM stressin tho!! HELP:circle-of-love:

These tiny little brown specs... might be rust ?

Have a read of this - Rust (fungus) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi Fuzzy! Thank you for your info on the wood chips etc; in potting mix, my potting mix is pretty much just soil, i have mixed in little pea straw mulch and some calmag with slow release ferts, only a little nothing overkill.
I check my soils PH regularly, Never under 6.0 or over 6.7, as for run off i havent checked that yet as i want to know if my runoff s PH is higher than soils, what can i do to alter the runoff's ph? I use distilled water / tap water for Cindy, tap water left 24 hrs to evap. chlorine, Her growth is looking heaps better now since i added P+K and some quart strength Nitrosol( 8%N,6 p,3K), the damage has not spread any further up my plant, and seems to be limited now??Fingers X'd!! She has grown height wise again over night .5 inch and all hands are up reaching for light as they should!! Monitoring my watering levels as i rekn i let pot dry too much due to thinking some advice was correct when she was most likely needing a drink..No signs of over/under water atm too.. Will load todays pics later..Thanks again FUZZY:)

Your soil PH appears to be just fine & nothing to worry about :thumb:

As of run off... thats the liquid/nutrient solution that drains out of bottom of pot after watering this can be tested for PH value & only gives you a rough idea of what the soil PH may be ?

I can not honestly tell which defeciency it is at the present time ! it could be more than one defeciency tho...

It may well be a sign that an increase in nutrient feed solution may need to be raised as to support all the nutrient requirements of a growing MJ girlie :peace:

Hi Fuzzy.. Thank you for your info bro, much appreciated!:thumb: I was thinking it may have been a rust fungus, i bought some "Yates Fungus Gun" spray it says its for rust,black spot etc; but says it for roses and ornamentals so i was hesitant to use it. Havent sprayed her with it yet until find out its ok for weed. I had a bit of a memory jog yesterday when i was looking thru my nutes, pest sprays etc, and i have some Pyrethrum spray - i remembered when she was just getting her 3rd set of leaves i saw couple of thrips i think, and i rekon i may have sprayed her with it a little, the problem there is - on the direction s label it says>> NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG SEEDLINGS". You d think id have noticed thid before? but no i didnt, so that got me thinking; is the damage possibly from the Pyrethrum spray? As it seems to have stayed on those first few leaves for time being- fingers X'd- and that possibly with nute burn or heat stress may have caused the prob i had? I dont know, but she is starting to grow now looking healthier and branches are starting to grow out from the fan leaves:) As for the PH i m pretty happy with its 6-6.5, but was just not sure as to what you do if the runoff s PH is high or lower.. Thanks again for all your time n help mate!!:goodjob: Posting new pics today... Later mate.Smokem

Back
Top Bottom