Souvenir seeds

dontinhale

420 Member
There has be a better way to purchase these souvenir seeds they sell? No matter where they are purchased it ends up having China involved. My credit card is usually denied. Are there any reputable seed banks in the U.S.A.? I have tried twice on Craigs list from Colorado. Ripped off both times. Any hints would be appreciated.

Send cash. Or send a money order. Or do a wire transfer. Pay with bitcoin. Et cetera.

You can also instruct your credit card entity to set the card up for non-domestic purchases. That might be why your credit card is being denied (most seedbanks that accept credit cards have no trouble with ones from the US, as long as the things can actually be used for non-domestic purchases in the first place - but a few might).

IMHO Craigslist just an "asking for problems" in a number of ways for purchases like that. I don't advise sending Cash TTM (thru the mail) ever and never ever ever even, unless you don't care if you lose it (as so many places that can go south, especially if dealing with more than one Postal Service, as you have no idea who got your "free money"). Bitcoin or getting your CC approved for out of the Country purchase or Bank Transfer probably better choices, not many take Paypal as same issue with the Credit Cards as dealing with something that is technically "illegal" they won't allow it like internet gambling so they have to find ways around it by looking like some other company on the billing statement/account.

Quite a few options on the Sponsors page for here, pretty much all there is someone here who has dealt with the specific seedbanks at least once:
Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ®

Most aren't in the US, but a good place to start IMHO

I don't advise sending Cash TTM (thru the mail) ever and never ever ever even, unless you don't care if you lose it (as so many places that can go south, especially if dealing with more than one Postal Service, as you have no idea who got your "free money").

You can insure a cash mailing. It's technically illegal - but only in the same sense that buying the seeds in the first place is a criminal act, lol, and you're not supposed to commit such things via the postal system. So don't tell the guy behind the counter, "I sure hope it gets there fast, because I'm buying cannabis seeds with it!!!" when you declare the amount and insure it for face value.

not many take Paypal as same issue with the Credit Cards as dealing with something that is technically "illegal" they won't allow it

With PayPal, the issue isn't one of legality. It's that the principals of that entity are complete c*nts who believe they have a right to decide what is moral, proper, et f*cking cetera. People can't even purchase things like tobacco or nicotine "juice" with their PayPal account unless they are "sneaky" in the way they go about it. Seems like i might have read this only applies to people using the thing from within the US because EAR-OPP, some mythical land that I've heard/read legends about occasionally, has some rule about other people not being able to pick and choose what you spend your money on or something. I'm not sure I believe in this fabled land, lol - apparently, there's even some kind of real consumer protection thing that punishes companies for killing their customers with shitty merchandise and stuff. Or so the fairy tales go. ;)

Cash Cash Cash. Yeah its hard to do but it works. It has worked for me every time. Using a card for things like this is not a good idea anyway. In most case's ordering seeds is bordering on illegal. People need to understand. While the system might not be perfect you can still order seeds! If you live in a legal state then you should be able get clones and seeds if you look hard enough. Ordering seeds is a lot easier then it has ever been. Cash should not be a problem. You shouldn't be spending money on seeds that you can't afford to loose. Things still happen and problems still arise. Cash is the best option we have as of now.

I’ve done cash, credit, PayPal, and bitcoin. Cash was actually pretty easy, just a little nerve wracking the first time. I buy the tracking (no signature required option) just to make sure it gets where it’s supposed to. There is one US company (Oregon Elite Seeds) that I’ve dealt with that has been good. He doesn’t have a large collection of autos though, so I have done my larger orders through Seedsman and True North. He’s also doing site maintenance today. He’s good about sending out those site updates by his newsletter.

Cash Cash Cash. Yeah its hard to do but it works. It has worked for me every time. Using a card for things like this is not a good idea anyway.

No doubt, lol. I've only known (personally) two people who ever had cash stolen out of the mail, and both tried putting it in with cards (I think a birthday and a Christmas one). Might as well stamp "Cash enclosed, please steal me!" on the envelope :rolleyes: .

Never stuff your money into a card. Just use two or three sheets of regular-sized 8½"x11" paper, like you were writing someone a letter, then fold it around the money like they taught us to fold letters for mailing back in third grade. And don't address it to "Cannabis Seeds Я US," use a person's name. Either ask at the seed vendor via telephone or email or make one up (I'd ask).

Never used the name thing. Very good thinking. The places I deal with has good support and would do this with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom