Soviets 1st Grow - Soil - 600WHPS - White Widow/StrawBerry Cough -2013

with two part or three part nutrient formulas you need to add your nutrients to water not to each other. if added together a chemical reaction takes place between the nutrients and renders the nutrients into different chemicals that will not be available to the plants. this is the reason the nutrients are in different bottles. with three part nutrients you always want to start by adding your micro first then bloom second then grow third.

Got some pictures of each plant. 3 of them are a really dark shade of green, the taller strawberry cough is lighter, it's impossible to tell with the overbearing HPS light. What do you think ?

What I'm trying with the watering is: feed,feed,water, feed etc. What do you think ? I have 1.5-2ML nutes Per 1L of water at the moment. Using something like this for the measurement of nutes:
measure-cups-250x250.jpg

I was thinking that once I get a higher dosage I'll perhaps cut back. How do you handle your nutes?

I'm thinking about buying a pair of Fiskars Consumer Prod 99216935 Pruning Snip
71PaAyjWudL_SL1500_.jpg

Perhaps a bit premature, however I don't want to not have a decent pair around.

IMG_080725.JPG
IMG_080618.JPG
IMG_080525.JPG
IMG_080421.JPG
IMG_080320.JPG

Hey Soviet,

Your girls are looking good! What size pots are they in.

I like your feeding schedule plan and have that exact pair of pruners your considering and really like them. I got mine locally at a home improvement store for just about the same price as on Amazon.

Hey Soviet,

Your girls are looking good! What size pots are they in.

I like your feeding schedule plan and have that exact pair of pruners your considering and really like them. I got mine locally at a home improvement store for just about the same price as on Amazon.

I'm running 3 gallon pots. It's awesome to hear you enjoy the pruners, I just ordered some!

I can already see the difference the nutes are making, they sort of exploded in growth. I mean seeing them every day, you notice. Fun to see the growth occur. The lower damaged leaves are falling off rapidly and lots of top growth, especially on the Strawberry Cough, tons of leaves. I'm looking forward to not seeing any yellow.

I messed up today. I was mixing my nutes and phing my water. In a rush of course. I poured to much Part B, so I went to drain some back into the bottle and it went into Part A. I'm assuming the entire bottle is now useless, because of the chemical reaction mentioned above by King. Frustrating stuff. It was a tiny drop but still, feels terrible. Most likely going to have to buy an entire bottle, which costs close to 40$ if I recall correctly. I'm not even sure how to tell if it's still useable.

I'm with KingJohn on the nutrients Soviet. I wouldn't hesitate to continue using what you have. Since your using them in reduced dosage at this stage, if there has been an adverse reaction you will have plenty of time to notice any ill effect before serious and permanent damage is done.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the opinions. I'll stick with the nutes and not rebuy the bottle. Hopefully it's all good. The room smells great! I'll post pictures in a day or two. Had to raise the lights a bit, it looked to me the strawberry cough had yellow ends near the top. Over the next two days after raising the light a bit, the yellow went away. Maybe it had nothing to do with the light, who knows. They are growing at a nice rate now, compared to pre nutes.

Glad to hear the yellowing went away Soviet.

Yes, my plants went through a phase were I was raising my light every day or two. They seem to have hit a filling out phase now and aren't growing upward as fast as outward.

So I think all my plants are female(I expected that having been told they were feminized seeds, still nice to potentially see it). I'm seeing green/white what I think are called calyx coming from the nodes on all the plants. Got two pictures of them, may need to get better pictures. Be sure to correct me if I'm wrong, perhaps it's still to early.

Still have the brown issue on 2 of my White Widow plants, the bottom leaves anyway. No Insects to be found, The other White Widow and Strawberry cough having no issues, all getting same amount of water and nutes.

So, when I got the seeds, there was no info on how long they would take to complete. So I had planned to let them veg to sometime in July, then flower for however long was needed. I recently decided to move sometime in September-October. Do you think two and a half, potentially 3 months of flowering will cut it ?

I'm also looking into ways to clone. More importantly how I would keep the clones alive and healthy until I could get set up in my new house.

IMG_081420.JPG
IMG_081528.JPG
IMG_081617.JPG
IMG_081725.JPG
IMG_081818.JPG
IMG_081922.JPG
IMG_082018.JPG

your plants look good. still to early to sex them as they have not produced pistols yet

here are male and female cannabis plants

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

here is The Early Female Preflower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

here is the progression of the Female Flowers Maturation

Female_Flowers_Maturation.jpg

King thanks for the post, very informative. Congratulations on the MOTM.

Haven't updated in awhile. Just been reading about harvesting techniques, letting the girls do their thing. For the last week or two I've been watering every day with 5ML of nutes(10 total, 2 part. Recommended is 4ML, 8 total) per liter. I haven't noticed anything wrong, my front two plants still have some yellow, which is odd because the back two have zero brown/yellow issues. Think I'm going to flower at the end of July. I know that it varies with strain/setup, however the book I'm reading by Greg Green suggests waiting until at least pre flowers show. I'm quite sure my girls have shown signs of female pre flowers(Calyx development I think)

Rained a ton here, so my cellar had some leaks, chipped the paint on the back wall, gotta try and clean that up. The temps have been really high. I should've tried to build a Cooltube, however I just have little time. The temps right now is 75, but it's went as high as 88 on the humid scorching days. The humidity is hovering around 65 right now.

Before my next grow I'll buy or make a cool tube system. For now, They have to endure the temps. 3 fans, exhaust fan. Tried sending more cool air with a high powered fan from outside the room inside, really didn't do much.

I pruned some of the yellow leaves on the bottoms of the two white widow, so if you see half leaves that's why.

As always, interested in any advice or tips. Appreciate it folks.

IMG_082615.JPG
IMG_082521.JPG
IMG_082417.JPG
IMG_082326.JPG
IMG_082224.JPG
IMG_082126.JPG

Back
Top Bottom