Spider mites

3days since I last sprayed, I was going over the cola and saw spider mites on the sugar leaves. All I can do is contain these little bastards, I sprayed again, it seems they lay eggs quickly and that’s why it’s a never ending battle. I’m getting excited I’m close to harvest, next grow I’ll be better prepared

999CE8DD-F517-497C-B058-F6B13B136694.jpeg

8E879419-6A5D-4A74-80A3-B54C68EFA865.jpeg

And yes I see the lite burn on the tips, I’m trying to get it to ripen as quickly as I can, gotta do what u gotta do, I was gonna torch my plant when I first found the SM, thankfully guys in here told me not to, and they were right, I’m looking at my first ever harvest. I smoked a popcorn bud, stuff is actually smooth

And yes I see the lite burn on the tips, I’m trying to get it to ripen as quickly as I can, gotta do what u gotta do, I was gonna torch my plant when I first found the SM, thankfully guys in here told me not to, and they were right, I’m looking at my first ever harvest. I smoked a popcorn bud, stuff is actually smooth
Good job. The best thing that happened was you had the opportunity to use the words from the ancient Chinese general Sun Tzu who has a quote that goes like this: "Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated." The next time, even if there are some Spider Mites, they will not be as big as a problem. Just tossing the plant would not have allowed you or any of us to have learned anything about the enemy.

You might still have some of the mites trying to survive but you did not surrender. And in another week or so you will be ready for the harvest. Again, good job.

I wanted to mention one other little thing. It might be better to either turn off the purple lights and turn on bright white lights, either a room light in the ceiling or a table lamp, for plant inspections. I have nothing against the purple, have some myself, but the color creates some problems.

The purple color seems to hide some of the damages caused by insects until the problem gets really bad and it hides the different shades of yellow and brown spots on leaves caused by any of many problems that could show up.

Heres a strange one...In all My Years. My Plants are 8FT tall.Half the Plants are in Flower and the other half is not. Thats never happened.
Outdoors? If they are 8ft plus, they probably are. I moved all my plants outside in early summer and come the middle of August had the same sort of thing.

Some started flowering on schedule and some held back. Though, by now they are all in flower and pretty much on the same schedule again. But why some held back for an extra 2 weeks or a bit more is beyond me even if they were the same strain.

I had a couple wild ones pop up in my yard. I let them be just to see how it would go, and so far, the one in the sunnier spot is noticeably ahead of the one in the shadier spot even tho they're physically only 12ft apart max and all other conditions are identical.
I would imagine that one large plant would do the same, send the hormones first and foremost to the parts of the plant that get the best light.

I had a couple wild ones pop up in my yard. I let them be just to see how it would go, and so far, the one in the sunnier spot is noticeably ahead of the one in the shadier spot even tho they're physically only 12ft apart max and all other conditions are identical.
I would imagine that one large plant would do the same, send the hormones first and foremost to the parts of the plant that get the best light.
That is the way I see it happening most of the time.

Good job. The best thing that happened was you had the opportunity to use the words from the ancient Chinese general Sun Tzu who has a quote that goes like this: "Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated." The next time, even if there are some Spider Mites, they will not be as big as a problem. Just tossing the plant would not have allowed you or any of us to have learned anything about the enemy.

You might still have some of the mites trying to survive but you did not surrender. And in another week or so you will be ready for the harvest. Again, good job.
Thank you, i learned a lot from my first grow.Definitely a good experience, it’s not easy doing this, seems every time I turned my back something else happened.

Saw a leaf on the main cola that was dying, I cut it off and the bottom was covered in tiny spider mites, I’m so close, sprayed the plant again, I wish the pistils would darken so I can harvest her. These bastards won’t quit

FD0C4DEE-5E63-4FEE-9D3B-F1E7F7ECD00D.jpeg

A9D8967A-2E59-4D6D-9AC9-9F32C7D14BDF.jpeg

41731320-5ED6-4EA8-8E76-9C485E076076.png

I go over this plant with a fine tooth comb every morning, at this stage it’s easy not to pay attention when all your waiting for is the pistils to darken, there were hundreds of mites on that one leaf. It sucks because their relentless

Saw a leaf on the main cola that was dying, I cut it off and the bottom was covered in tiny spider mites, I’m so close, sprayed the plant again, I wish the pistils would darken so I can harvest her. These bastards won’t quit
That is why so many growers say to get after the insects, powdery mildew, etc before the plant goes into the flowering stage. A much better chance of getting rid of them early.

Once it is in full flower mode the mites have just so many more areas to hide, especially during the day.

The newer leaves do not look as bad as the leaves did when the thread started so you have been slowly winning the battles. And a lot of young looking pistils has to be a sign that the plant is remaining healthy.

What did you figure, about a week more to go? Give it the last spray and while waiting to start the harvest check out the supplies to be sure you have the buckets, lemons or lemon juice, sodium bicarbonate and whatever else you will want on hand for the bud washing.

That is why so many growers say to get after the insects, powdery mildew, etc before the plant goes into the flowering stage. A much better chance of getting rid of them early.

Once it is in full flower mode the mites have just so many more areas to hide, especially during the day.

The newer leaves do not look as bad as the leaves did when the thread started so you have been slowly winning the battles. And a lot of young looking pistils has to be a sign that the plant is remaining healthy.

What did you figure, about a week more to go? Give it the last spray and while waiting to start the harvest check out the supplies to be sure you have the buckets, lemons or lemon juice, sodium bicarbonate and whatever else you will want on hand for the bud washing.
I’m praying it’s only a week, their almost at 10weeks I’m close. My last spray was about 8 days ago, I’m hoping this is it. I bought mason jars yesterday, it’s actually exciting, I’ve got the buckets just gotta get the cleaners, how much lemon juice and how much baking soda

I could harvest now, the trichomes are milky, the buds are frosty. I go over the plant everyday, just want a little more time. I paid 60 bucks for an eight at the dispensary, what a rip off. I’ve noticed the pot isn’t cured properly, I’ll never buy again once my plant is ready to smoke

Back
Top Bottom