Spider mites

Any advice from Older growers about potting soil. Im gonna replace FOX FARM next season

“Living Organic soil” “Coot’s mix”
Sphagnum peat moss, compost and aeration, with mixed in minerals and amendments (kelp meal, neam meal, crustacean meal). Google “Coot’s mix” recipe will come up.
Mix up a batch or two of Coot's Mix and let it sit till spring.

Any soil stored outside for any length of time is bound to gain some critters. I think the issue is almost completely due to storage versus a major company shipping out bug filled material.
It could be amount of reasons, the problem is it’s happening to a lot of people. This isn’t cheap to do with the lights and all the necessary stuff you need. Who wants their crop ruined just when your your seeing your buds getting fat. This is negligent on their part, you can’t get rid of these little bastards. And from what I’ve read commercial grows are getting infestation from their soil as well. Their keeping quiet acting like they Don’t know about it, bullshit. And spider mites thrive in dead matter. And these bags are sealed , the mites are included in your purchase, and god knows what else

Number one lesson I learned in my first grow, I’ll never purchase anyone’s soil without using a soil drench , I’ll use different organic bug spray throughout my grow. Growing weed isn’t difficult if your good at growing plants, it’s these f$$$@@@ pests that ruin our grows. I have to grow indoors I don’t have a choice, so I don’t have beneficial bugs to eat spider mites.
Biggest problem after that is I learned to duct tape my lites so I can’t knock them over, twice I broke branches and once broke the main stem, although thru advice from guys in here , I was able to tape it back together.

The bags have air holes dont they i know coco and soil i buy does.But i agree its not very good news for foxfam.
For me im 90% sure both times i got borg was from my local hydro stores.How may people you think walk in and out in a week with mites or looking for something to treat mites.That being said boh times i bought grow medium.Bad stored or peoples contact with the bags was my issue i think Both times in summer also.

If it wasn’t for the guys in here I woulda lost my plant at 2 months, things seem to just keep happening that you weren’t expecting. So thank you to this community, your a great bunch of guys that are of tremendous help. I’m sure something else will happen in my next grow that I wasn’t expecting, problem is critters want our weed as much as we do

It could be amount of reasons, the problem is it’s happening to a lot of people. This isn’t cheap to do with the lights and all the necessary stuff you need. Who wants their crop ruined just when your your seeing your buds getting fat. This is negligent on their part, you can’t get rid of these little bastards. And from what I’ve read commercial grows are getting infestation from their soil as well. Their keeping quiet acting like they Don’t know about it, bullshit. And spider mites thrive in dead matter. And these bags are sealed , the mites are included in your purchase, and god knows what else
I agree, it isn't cheap for us, but that is actually exactly why it seems to be becoming so prevalent. So many new companies popping up to 'help' us grow - It's (as usual) all about the $$ for them, they don't care to spend the time, effort or money to store the dirt correctly as it would not be profitable in the long run if they did. In the long run it's just dirt, and ... things like to live in dirt, including our weed, so occasionally we get some bad neighbors moving in. It doesn't mean the soil is bad, on the contrary, nothing wants to live in bad soil.

Just gone through the same problem, spider mites ate two plants and had moved on to my final two when I spotted them, i've spent hundreds on a tent, fan, light and various nutrients and weeks looking after the girls for these fuckers to kill them, using very hot water sprayed over the plants and Karlsten spider killer spray as i'm in the UK and couldn't get the 217 spider spray

Had RSM in a greenhouse grow once and tried every spray, concoction and remedy imaginable to no avail
Even tried fumigating but they just kept coming back
I eventually had to burn a Durban Poison, knock down the greenhouse and build a new one
Having been through that, those tiny white specks scream at me every time I see them now (on other people's plants)

Have to agree they bring out a passion i never new i had for fire..Because if i see them again i will take the same extreme action burn it all i just cant stand the thought of carrying the f%$kers all around my house.

I had a serious infestation, I was ready to pull my plant and torch it in the backyard. I made a concoction of baking soda alcohol and neem oil, just soaked the plant, next day I found more webbing and could see the little bastards underneath my leaves, soaked it again. Went to the nursery got capt jacks dead bug , I haven’t seen another SM to date, my pistils are growing back, I’ll give it another spray tomorrow as eggs should be hatching, so far so good

Attachments

• 757DBC63-8C51-4C59-B96F-797CC6CFEFC0.jpeg
    757DBC63-8C51-4C59-B96F-797CC6CFEFC0.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 29
I had a serious infestation, I was ready to pull my plant and torch it in the backyard. I made a concoction of baking soda alcohol and neem oil, just soaked the plant, next day I found more webbing and could see the little bastards underneath my leaves, soaked it again. Went to the nursery got capt jacks dead bug , I haven’t seen another SM to date, my pistils are growing back, I’ll give it another spray tomorrow as eggs should be hatching, so far so good

Back
Top Bottom