Spider mites

Howdy do. I was going to suggest this earlier, but I thought everyone would laugh.
My grandad, who was a tomato man, used to use honey as a spider mite and a general preventative bug trap.. he used to put a dollop between every node, to stop them migrating up the plant. He also said they are attracted to the honey, as they have a sweet tooth:laugh:
Just wipe away the honey every few days and apply fresh stuff. It might be an old man's tale, as I have never experienced it myself; but he could grow wicked tomatoes and its as organic as you can get..

All laughs expected :laugh:

Howdy do. I was going to suggest this earlier, but I thought everyone would laugh.
My grandad, who was a tomato man, used to use honey as a spider mite and a general preventative bug trap.. he used to put a dollop between every node, to stop them migrating up the plant. He also said they are attracted to the honey, as they have a sweet tooth:laugh:
Just wipe away the honey every few days and apply fresh stuff. It might be an old man's tale, as I have never experienced it myself; but he could grow wicked tomatoes and its as organic as you can get..

We put honey on are fly traps in house never thought of putting on the stem sounds funny but could really work

very interesting! Do you guys have ants in the UK? I don't remember seeing any on my last visit but my vision was a little blurry from all of the tasty adult beverages!

very interesting! Do you guys have ants in the UK? I don't remember seeing any on my last visit but my vision was a little blurry from all of the tasty adult beverages!
Luckily we have more pubs and clubs than ants.. I to have shared that blurry vision once or twice :laugh:
I can see where you coming from though. But if you have ants in your grow room. Theres something drastically wrong :laugh:

I ended up with bad spider mites my first grow too. I also did not 'see' them until the webs were up, but that was because I didn't understand what to look for. With spider mites, you will start seeing teensy white speckles all over your leaves, and the plant as a whole will look less well than it did previously. Leaves won't be standing up as high, the plant looks a little bit 'tired' if you look very closely.

Luckily we have more pubs and clubs than ants.. I too have shared that blurry vision once or twice :laugh:
I can see where you coming from though. But if you have ants in your grow room. Theres something drastically wrong :laugh:
Where I live they welcome themselves into your house especially when it rains a lot.
We have to keep all foods/kitchen ingredients in air tight containers (especially anything sweet) and treat the house regularly with ant baits. For them walking under a door would be like us walking under a bridge LOL

Never thought about it as a fly trap.. cool.. gona give that a shot.
We put honey on them as brought them 5er and didn't catch nothing intill we put honey on it it really works haha

16312057958588070059968099307995.jpg

Where I live they welcome themselves into your house especially when it rains a lot.
We have to keep all foods/kitchen ingredients in air tight containers (especially anything sweet) and treat the house regularly with ant baits. For them walking under a door would be like us walking under a bridge LOL
Wow!! That must be a right mission to control. we have the odd ant on the pavement but never in the house.. i would freak out if I had them critters crawling about in my cupboards..
Put some honey at the front door, they might all get stuck there :laugh:

I think the knack with any plant problems is seeing the signs and dealing with it in the early stages
Having any of the above problems is usual, getting caught out twice is careless, and there's no excuse for three times unless you're having to really battle with your environment, which will always be an uphill struggle
I saw a few during veg and drenched the plant in diluted neem oil, things were great until 2 weeks into flower, I soaked them in neem again , I’m 8 weeks total in flower and that’s when I encountered the herd of the little bastards . I had no choice but to drench the buds, I’ll never go into a grow again without the SNS , I hadn’t heard of it before this last run in.Im at war with them now, I’ve got a fan blasting my plant and I’m ordering the SNS today, and my concoction is at the ready if they rear their ugly little orange heads again. I get the fan , they can’t mate and they can’t lay eggs with the wind, however their has to be a bunch of eggs getting ready to hatch

Hey mate. Just nursing a sickly blueberry. Sour diesel has bounced back, Producing sugar leaves. whilst the BB is struggling to push out new Pistils..what's happening on your side?
Don't want to hijack the thread, I updated journo the other day
Will add another couple of pics later

On left top leaf yeah??
Yup, I’ve come to the realization I’m not getting rid of them, as several people have told me all I can do is contain them, that’s what I’m gonna do, I’m too late in flower and I know these little f$$$ers are living in the buds.I’m just gonna keep the fan on high and spray every 3rd day until I can harvest

Back
Top Bottom