Spider mites

Yup, I’ve come to the realization I’m not getting rid of them, as several people have told me all I can do is contain them, that’s what I’m gonna do, I’m too late in flower and I know these little f$$$ers are living in the buds.I’m just gonna keep the fan on high and spray every 3rd day until I can harvest
You have to spray every day for 3 to 5 days or you will not break the cycle. A single spray can kill off a bunch of them but the next day the survivors are laying new eggs. In the meantime the eggs laid several days before are hatching. So, on day two you have a new batch of juveniles and new eggs. On day two more juveniles and more eggs. On day 3 a new spraying kills of some of the young ones and some of the adults but the survivors are back at it on day 4.

Spray every day for 3 to 5 days and I really recommend the 5 days. I do not feel that just a daily spray for 3 days will be enough for a major infestation like you are suffering through. It is tough work to do all that spraying on every plant being grown but it will work.

I tried the every 3 day routine several years ago and it was not enough. Only after going to every day for 5 days did I finally start to see improvement meaning fewer mites and a lot less webbing. I now do a once a week maintenance spray and it seems to be working. No webs, only an occasional leaf showing the white spots. If I am going to put a plant into the flowering tent it gets sprayed for 3 days in a row, even if I don't see any problem, before making the move.

You have to spray every day for 3 to 5 days or you will not break the cycle. A single spray can kill off a bunch of them but the next day the survivors are laying new eggs. In the meantime the eggs laid several days before are hatching. So, on day two you have a new batch of juveniles and new eggs. On day two more juveniles and more eggs. On day 3 a new spraying kills of some of the young ones and some of the adults but the survivors are back at it on day 4.

Spray every day for 3 to 5 days and I really recommend the 5 days. I do not feel that just a daily spray for 3 days will be enough for a major infestation like you are suffering through. It is tough work to do all that spraying on every plant being grown but it will work.

I tried the every 3 day routine several years ago and it was not enough. Only after going to every day for 5 days did I finally start to see improvement meaning fewer mites and a lot less webbing. I now do a once a week maintenance spray and it seems to be working. No webs, only an occasional leaf showing the white spots. If I am going to put a plant into the flowering tent it gets sprayed for 3 days in a row, even if I don't see any problem, before making the move.
Thank you, I’ll spray tonite at lites out. I’ve seen pictures of these little bastards taking out a few plants in a nite. Kinda scary when u put the time in to get to flower, I’ll spray everyday for 5 days and to be honest I still think they’ll pop back up, I’m just trying to harvest the plant

Had to post this, isn’t this the truth

8145D0B3-0775-41FA-94A5-D7816908C6E9.png

Had to post this, isn’t this the truth

8145D0B3-0775-41FA-94A5-D7816908C6E9.png
Been there - there is some satisfaction to be had, 'take that you little fkers!'
OldG 1 - 0 Spider Mites
Now thoroughly spray you entire grow area or they may well be lurking somewhere

OK. I'll change Next grow. Im Outside But, Never in at least 12/15 years outside Had a issue. anyone recommend a new soil for next year? remember using junk soil from a long time ago?. I used to use generic cheap garden soil 1/2 and 1/2 with whatever was in the ground. Never had bug/insect issue then either. Hmmmm. wonder why.... Roses have been a drag for many years.

I’ll spray everyday for 5 days and to be honest I still think they’ll pop back up, I’m just trying to harvest the plant
If all goes well you will have something to harvest. Maybe not the yield you have been dreaming of, but there should be something. Just a reminder to watch how the plant is responding to the treatment. I have not had any adverse reaction to daily spraying nor to mixing at full or maximum dosage on the bottle but it is still a good thing to keep watch.

I do spray heavily as in spraying under the leaves and all over the tops of the leaves. The plant is dripping the spray just like outdoor plants drip water after a long steady rain.

It’s either spray it or lose it, I lost pistils, my plant seems to be fine. I sprayed today again and I still found more webs and eggs under the leaves. I’ve seen pictures of the damage these fuc@@@@ do and I consider myself lucky. Am I gonna get the yield or the potency I was on track to get. No way, I understand why some guys burn their plants, after all the work you do and to have them come out in full force when the pistils are in full bloom, yes I do. And I still might torch this if it doesn’t start growing again, I can feel the satisfaction you must get hearing them pop from the flames

No sweat here... been totally clean in the same spot every year for a Lot of Years.. Please post anyones safe recommendations to use. I have 7 pardners and 7 Other gardens. we all talked last Night. No issues for anyone. we all do Our personal fav variety. Mine has been Sour D for years. All of us use Fox Farm and Feed Liquid General Hydro,6.1PH in Felt. Strange.....i used Neem many many Years ago. I assume it did it's job as I didn't get any Bugs or webs..???. I do like what it does to Tomatoes and Roses. I have a rather Large..PRIVATE, Secure Backyard. And, Most of my neighbors grow also. we all trim together. I particularly favor Compressed Hash Pucs.

I used neem in veg and I used alittle alittle when I blasted my buds, I drenched my plant in veg and they still came back. I used capt jacks dead bug the last few days, you can use it up to the day you harvest , I’m just trying to get to harvest and I’m gonna flush the plant , I’m trying to get the plant as pest free as I can

No sweat here... been totally clean in the same spot every year for a Lot of Years.. Please post anyones safe recommendations to use. I have 7 pardners and 7 Other gardens. we all talked last Night. No issues for anyone. we all do Our personal fav variety. Mine has been Sour D for years. All of us use Fox Farm and Feed Liquid General Hydro,6.1PH in Felt. Strange.....i used Neem many many Years ago. I assume it did it's job as I didn't get any Bugs or webs..???. I do like what it does to Tomatoes and Roses. I have a rather Large..PRIVATE, Secure Backyard. And, Most of my neighbors grow also. we all trim together. I particularly favor Compressed Hash Pucs.
I think fox farms is getting overwhelmed with the million new growers out there,

I used neem in veg and I used alittle alittle when I blasted my buds, I drenched my plant in veg and they still came back.
Pretty much my experience. However, that follows what I read several years ago when first starting off. The mites are great at hiding in between the small sugar leaves, etc when the plant is in flower. That is one of the reasons it was recommended that the plants be sprayed every day for 3 plus days before going to every other day or every third day.

If all goes right, the mites will start to die off and the human gets ahead of the game.

To bad all of us cannot just grow outside all year long where these Spider Mites and rarely a major problem. There are more than enough predators outside that keep their population down to the point most growers rarely experience a problem.

“Living Organic soil” “Coot’s mix”
Sphagnum peat moss, compost and aeration, with mixed in minerals and amendments (kelp meal, neam meal, crustacean meal). Google “Coot’s mix” recipe will come up.

A EXPERIENCED QUESTION PLEASE. Any advice from Older growers about potting soil. Im gonna replace FOX FARM next season.......FINALLY.
Thanks so Much.

if you're sticking with bottle nutes hp promix or sunshine #4 are the common go to's. they contain no nutrients and need to be fed from the start.

A EXPERIENCED QUESTION PLEASE. Any advice from Older growers about potting soil. Im gonna replace FOX FARM next season.......FINALLY.
Thanks so Much.
I've seen pictures of your gardens - are you really asking?? LOL
I grow small and put two seeds per pot in coco and they love it
You could do that big time but I suppose that's an awful lot of CaMg

Back
Top Bottom