Spider mites

I would stick it on top of your light if you have one for a quick dry not a fan of the mircowave.Also i will repeat there is no way to get rid of ALL mites and eggs in late flower and in this type of infestation you control the invading army thats all you can do.people who say they won the battle rso there weed or put under a mircoscope and look GOOD your find mite shit or eggs or mites that simple.When those webs are like the OPs hes got 1000's not a few.Bud wash is your best hope also as someone said to get a popless smoke.Also yes they dont like the cold but eggs can stay dormant sometime hot and dry they love it.She looks ok tbh but your see a down turn now there in numbers.

:Namaste: :thumb:
Isn’t that the truth, I had no choice but to spray like I did. They woulda eaten my plant, I’m very glad I didn’t take it outside with a flame thrower,I looked before the buds look good , the pistils turned a reddish color . They actually look like ripe buds, I felt one and it’s very sticky also. Spider mites are a growers nightmare, your very right. Just keep them at bay for a couple weeks and hopefully a good wash will clean them. I read hydrogen peroxide is a good wash, what’s your opinion

I usually put a little popcorn bud on top of my light for a day or so and then smoke it. Won't be as smooth as a properly cured one so don't judge it on that aspect but still see if it gets ya buzzed

Your going to have to treat it to control them. SNS 217 spray from the sponser as suggested would defo halt the march.
Its those eggs that are the pain every three days is it i forget pop new wave.

Your going to have to treat it to control them. SNS 217 spray from the sponser as suggested would defo halt the march.
Its those eggs that are the pain every three days is it i forget pop new wave.
I know , these things don’t go away, I’m gonna get that spray, at least I wanna harvest this plant, I’m close

I just wanted to thank everyone for your responses, I was gonna torch my plant I was so pissed. You guys made me realize it’s not a total loss., being my first grow I left the plant in veg too long. Now I’ll know better. I’ve had so many challenges with this plant as I now know you all do, this plant became my baby. Thanx everyone and I’ll use the sponsors on this board , thank you

SNS 209 soil drench. It's systemic. Use from veg up until harvest. Right now I would use every time you water or feed.
It takes about 1 week to get into the plant system.
Sns 217 spray safe until harvest.
Will be harvesting today due to wether but I'm getting some for next time for sure thanks

One nice thing about them being a sponsor is you can usually tag them in a post with a question
@Sierra Natural Science can your 217 spider mite spray be used in late flower?

SNS 209 soil drench. It's systemic. Use from veg up until harvest. Right now I would use every time you water or feed.
It takes about 1 week to get into the plant system.
Sns 217 spray safe until harvest.
I battled those little F*ckers two grows back... My last grow that I just completed I used Sierra Natural Science SNS-209 soil drench from seedling into late flower, I had NO pests throughout grow, I ended up with a bumper crop! For me now SNS-209 every grow...

:hookah:

I battled those little F*ckers two grows back... My last grow that I just completed I used Sierra Natural Science SNS-209 soil drench from seedling into late flower, I had NO pests throughout grow, I ended up with a bumper crop! For me now SNS-209 every grow...

:hookah:
I learned my lesson I’ll never grow without something to kill spider mites throughout my grow. I’m not going thru this again. My buds are actually still looking good, I drenched my plant in my concoction of alcohol, baking soda and a little neem oil. I had no alternative, otherwise they woulda destroyed my plant.They we’re all over my main cola, and it happened fast, I go over my plant with a fine tooth comb everyday, never saw them until they were building a web .I’d have to say spider mites are a growers worst enemy

I learned my lesson I’ll never grow without something to kill spider mites throughout my grow. I’m not going thru this again. My buds are actually still looking good, I drenched my plant in my concoction of alcohol, baking soda and a little neem oil. I had no alternative, otherwise they woulda destroyed my plant.They we’re all over my main cola, and it happened fast, I go over my plant with a fine tooth comb everyday, never saw them until they were building a web .I’d have to say spider mites are a growers worst enemy

Yeah, I agree they are a grower's worst nightmare if they have got out of control so it pays to be vigilant
I inspect my plants every day - never going through that again

I’d have to say spider mites are a growers worst enemy
You ain't met the enemy yet. Wait for Fungus Gnats, Russett Mites, Powdery Mildew, and several others.

They we’re all over my main cola, and it happened fast, I go over my plant with a fine tooth comb everyday, never saw them until they were building a web .
They have been on the plant for weeks. When I first found them I watched and waited for several weeks to see just what they did to a plant. It is not sudden. Rather a slow progression as they move up the plant going after the new young leaves after chewing up the old ones. There might be a couple of strands of web here and there. Then when the plant starts to flower they seem to suddenly explode. They go after the flower with those tender sugar leaves and those big webbings over the flowers show up.

One suggestion is to turn off the purple lights when doing the inspection. Turn on a normal white room light or lamp, a good bright one, and use that during the inspection. The purple, red and yellow light given off by the various grow lights can change the color of the damage insects, nutrient deficiencies and other problems cause making it hard for human eyes to see the problem.

Yeah, i thought mites were bad until I had mealybugs on the roots.
No sign of any issues until the plants are dying! Nooo!! I threw everything at them but the only remedy that truly worked was taking clones and tossing the rest

Yeah, i thought mites were bad until I had mealybugs on the roots.
Had them, or some other root eating bottom feeder on the portion of the stem under the soil surface on cuttings. The stem would grow maybe one small root and the bugs were eating up the rest of it.

Only see them on cuttings I am trying to get going. Have not found anything like that on growing plants.

I think the knack with any plant problems is seeing the signs and dealing with it in the early stages
Having any of the above problems is usual, getting caught out twice is careless, and there's no excuse for three times unless you're having to really battle with your environment, which will always be an uphill struggle

Very true until a last year or one before picard season 1 episode 4 (fan myself). :p :oops:

@SmokingWings
Capt. Picard battled the Borg because he became one of them. But Seven of Nine was Capt Janeway's mark on future-history.;)

Back
Top Bottom