Spider mites

Old G

6 months I’ve been growing my first plant, it was beautiful. Did everything I was supposed to, best soil, lites, fan . I figured 4 more weeks and I’d harvest my first white widow. I noticed webs on my cola bud, then I saw the fing spider mites. I sprayed a mix of baking soda and alcohol, they were all over the cola, had to spray the bud. All the pistols turned brown, I’m debating whether to just throw the plant away, you do everything right and you still never know, have a look at what I grew, I’m so pissed, I know where they came from, the FOX FARM SOIL.. I live upstairs, the only thing that was foreign to my room was the soil. Fox can go f themselves.

C43BBFA3-F1D8-4ABC-9BBB-384C1B1D3CA6.jpeg

B0F6B686-24A7-44E0-A164-133FDAEA55C3.jpeg

4EA363E5-2BEE-4F75-A0A9-8CA89FEF26D9.png

1E5C1BA5-CE17-434B-BD11-B04AF692C431.jpeg

The pistils all turned brown I guess from the alcohol, I didn’t put hardly any in.I kinda freaked when I saw them, I grew this plant like my child.They we’re webbing my cola, your kinda f@@@ed when this happens, the flowers are so sensitive at this stage. I think anything you put on is gonna damage it , it’s the way it is, can’t tell you how excited I was to have grown this.I almost made the finish line, almost

I vacuum the webs off with a shop vac and try to vac the bugs off every few days afterwards until harvest as not to ruin the buds with alcohol or chemicals. Worst case an insecticidal soap will kill them and should rinse off if you wash the buds at harvest.

I vacuum the webs off with a shop vac and try to vac the bugs off every few days afterwards until harvest as not to ruin the buds with alcohol or chemicals. Worst case an insecticidal soap will kill them and should rinse off if you wash the buds at harvest.
Thank you, I kinda jumped the gun and sprayed the plant. My pistils turned brown, should I just harvest it now, I know it won’t be potent, I just put so much into this, it makes me sick . I was looking at my plant this morning and I saw them building a web. It just really sucks

Thank you, I kinda jumped the gun and sprayed the plant. My pistils turned brown, should I just harvest it now, I know it won’t be potent, I just put so much into this, it makes me sick . I was looking at my plant this morning and I saw them building a web. It just really sucks
Maybe Break off a small bud, dry it off, smoke it and see if it's still got any potency left

Maybe Break off a small bud, dry it off, smoke it and see if it's still got any potency left
Thanx brother, I’m gonna let it grow and see if I can get something outta my plant. You get spider mites on your buds this late in flower your screwed. The problem with vacuuming is the mites will still be in your buds, they feed off dead matter as well as live. Oh well live and learn, my first grow I certainly learned a lot . I waited too long to switch to flower. Can you recommend someone for seeds, should I grow auto flower or just get regular seeds. What’s best to grow indica or sativa. Thanks for your help brother much appreciated.

Both times the borg hit me it was heart breaking.I put up a brave fight the first time.The 2nd time i rippeed it all down
and put a match to it.Even after a wash the bud for me was only worth making rso. Those little Fs sure do pop when you try smoke spider mite bud.Eggs are harder to wash of btw so you might get all the mites the eggs pop and so it begins again.Veg is the only time you got a chance if you ask ME. good luck my friend heads up we all deal with these issues at some point. Also you dont really want to have her in a living space if u can as said they blow of pretty easy.Eggs can last sometime.
;)

Both times the borg hit me it was heart breaking.I put up a brave fight the first time.The 2nd time i rippeed it all down
and put a match to it.Even after a wash the bud for me was only worth making rso. Those little Fs sure do pop when you try smoke spider mite bud.Eggs are harder to wash of btw so you might get all the mites the eggs pop and so it begins again.Veg is the only time you got a chance if you ask ME. good luck my friend heads up we all deal with these issues at some point. Also you dont really want to have her in a living space if u can as said they blow of pretty easy.Eggs can last sometime.
;)
I had them in veg and I thought I got them all, 2 weeks into flower I found them again but there weren’t many and I killed them again. This time with the pistils I knew I was screwed. There isn’t a cure this late in flower. I kinda sprayed my plant in a rage yesterday, I didn’t care I just wanted to kill them.Can you clone a flowering plant , this plant grew awesome.

The pistils all turned brown I guess from the alcohol, I didn’t put hardly any in.I kinda freaked when I saw them, I grew this plant like my child.They we’re webbing my cola, your kinda f@@@ed when this happens, the flowers are so sensitive at this stage. I think anything you put on is gonna damage it , it’s the way it is, can’t tell you how excited I was to have grown this.I almost made the finish line, almost
Don't give up. I won the battle. So can you.
I did spray one small plant in full flower with a mix 9 to 1 water and alcohol. The pistils turned brown but the buds kept growing. I'm not sure if it affected potency, but there was no aftertaste and it smoke fine.
On the other plants I used SNS 217 spray.
They are a sponsor, and a bit pricey, but we'll worthed. It works in flower with no bad effects and it's all natural.
Ever since I have been using SNS soil drench from the beginning. No more Borg.
I have a perpetual grow, and for me throwing everything out was not an option. I had to fight them off.
Also cover the soil with diatomaceous earth when its dry.

My next grow I’m gonna blast my plant with a fan, I listened to people say u just want a gentle breeze till I saw a guy in front of his grow and the plants were getting blown till they almost touched the floor, now I know why, these little fuckers hate wind. That’s the only true way to keep them at bay, and until you lose your grow 4 weeks before harvest I don’t wanna hear it

Don't give up. I won the battle. So can you.
I did spray one small plant in full flower with a mix 9 to 1 water and alcohol. The pistils turned brown but the buds kept growing. I'm not sure if it affected potency, but there was no aftertaste and it smoke fine.
On the other plants I used SNS 217 spray.
They are a sponsor, and a bit pricey, but we'll worthed. It works in flower with no bad effects and it's all natural.
Ever since I have been using SNS soil drench from the beginning. No more Borg.
I have a perpetual grow, and for me throwing everything out was not an option. I had to fight them off.
Also cover the soil with diatomaceous earth when its dry.
Thanx brother, maybe I’ll get lucky, I’ll get some sns .

;)
I read they hate the cold, I live near NY so it gets cold here, I’ll leave the windows open and freeze the little bastards. What’s the best way to dry a bud to try it, microwave. Also what do you wash the bud with. I was kinda learning as I went, unfortunately I didn’t get to the harvest

I would stick it on top of your light if you have one for a quick dry not a fan of the mircowave.Also i will repeat there is no way to get rid of ALL mites and eggs in late flower and in this type of infestation you control the invading army thats all you can do.people who say they won the battle rso there weed or put under a mircoscope and look GOOD your find mite shit or eggs or mites that simple.When those webs are like the OPs hes got 1000's not a few.Bud wash is your best hope also as someone said to get a popless smoke.Also yes they dont like the cold but eggs can stay dormant sometime hot and dry they love it.She looks ok tbh but your see a down turn now there in numbers.
I read they hate the cold, I live near NY so it gets cold here, I’ll leave the windows open and freeze the little bastards. What’s the best way to dry a bud to try it, microwave. Also what do you wash the bud with. I was kinda learning as I went, unfortunately I didn’t get to the harvest
:Namaste: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom