starting a hidden outdoor in june (noob)

PM XVI

so i'm just finishing my first indoor grow. (a feminized)

and i decided to put 4 miscellaneous seeds in a hidden place... correct me if i'm wrong:

if everything goes well i would have some 70-80 cm high plants considering that they would go vegetative july and august and then starting to flower somewhere in september... (consider also i'm in southern europe, mediterranean sea)

what i decided to do is to dig holes in the nature soil and put the "starter" soil (the one i bought) inside. and hope that the plant will expand her roots in the natural soil.

people, i don't know, if i say some bull$hit it's because i'm a noob and i need advice, is it a good idea?

or is it better grow them in a bought soil inside a bag/pot?

basically i want to germinate them in plastic glasses (covered properly against light) and getting them used to the sunlight on the window a bit every day (a part of the usual 18h cfl bulbs, or you may actually advise me on how to properly divide sun time and bulb time in the day)
and after they developed 3 pairs of leaves i want to plant them in the ground... then after they develop 6 branches i want to top them (good idea?)

my first grow (indoors) has main cola and 22 branches, i thought, maybe 22 branches are too much for only 2 months of vegetative? am i right? is it correct to lower the number of branches considering the vegetative time you are going to give to the plant?
IMG00415-20150610-1402.jpg
IMG00417-20150610-1404.jpg

this was the last two photos of my indoor first grow, 70 cm from soil and the 22 side branches developed this little buds while the main one reaches 3 cm of width

with that said i want to read your ideas thanks

Outdoors has a lot of tricks to it. People can take your plants, animals or bugs can eat it, the soil can turn out bad, weather might kill it, etc. Be ready for all these and more if growing outdoors. With that covered though, all you need to do is get it set up in the ground correctly and feed/water it well. Keep it hidden near other plants that look similar or have the same height. Topping it sounds fine too. That's about all i got

Digging a new hole and putting good soil into it is way I've always heard to do it as long as you have the right climate where you don't need to be able to bring them inside every once in a while during the last part of the season. I'm guessing they will start to bloom sooner than you are expecting. I'm not at all en expert on this, but they could start showing signs or even be in early/mid bloom by the middle of july or earlier. I don't have a single bit of experience in hidden or secret grows so I can't give any hints on that.

This is best done in late winter even early spring, you may have to deal with Pm later come early fall? ..lets wait an see!

thanks for the answers, if it's not for the final product at least it will be for the sake of learning

This is best done in late winter even early spring, you may have to deal with Pm later come early fall? ..lets wait an see!

i know but didn't want to waste this year and wait the next one... had this miscellaneous seeds and did some research about people planting in june so i acted immediately.

i'm just worried for the soil, if it's better to dig holes as i did or put them in some stealthy bags/pots, the problem though is that the temperatures are pretty high and im worried that the pot woult get really hot burning the roots that touch the pot on the inside

Back
Top Bottom