Starting again, hello everyone

Horticulture lighting group brand they weren't cheap ‍♀️ That's a big reason I had to scrap the 10x10, I still have the tent for a later garden, but there's no way I can drop what they want on four lights, and unfortunately a 10x10 I would require four. I would hate not to have enough light and have them suffer, can still have a fairly good size garden in a 5x9.

As far as soil I will be doing my own super soil! I'll also be adding some Mycho to help boost the roots and using diatomaceous earth within the soil to help kill off any tiny pests. The base to my soil will probably be a roots organics product. I've got both of humidifier and dehumidifier so hopefully I'll be able to stay in a range that the pests don't like but the plants do, My goal is hopefully to stay around 55.

Horticulture lighting group brand they weren't cheap ‍♀ That's a big reason I had to scrap the 10x10, I still have the tent for a later garden, but there's no way I can drop what they want on four lights, and unfortunately a 10x10 I would require four. I would hate not to have enough light and have them suffer, can still have a fairly good size garden in a 5x9.

As far as soil I will be doing my own super soil! I'll also be adding some Mycho to help boost the roots and using diatomaceous earth within the soil to help kill off any tiny pests. The base to my soil will probably be a roots organics product. I've got both of humidifier and dehumidifier so hopefully I'll be able to stay in a range that the pests don't like but the plants do, My goal is hopefully to stay around 55.

I have not decided whether I'm going to run CO2 or not being that there is already a furnace in the workshop where the tent will be I may not need to. I'm also not going to use an ozone generator unless it becomes a necessity. And oh boy I'm jumping in feet first I guess, going to attempt some serious plant training, even though it's been over a decade I hope it's like a riding a bike! I've never been a person to do a lot of defoliation except towards the bottoms, with training I hope to bring the lower stems up and go with something like scrog. The plants will dictate what they want to a point. I will also be topping all the girls, who wants only one main cola right? One last thought the garden going up now is going to be exclusively indica or indica dominant, figure that would be easier for me to control than trying to mix too many strains just getting back into this, if you ever have grown sativa and an indica in the same room you'll know what I'm talking about, they're completely different plants and it ends up being so much more work, which normally wouldn't be a problem for me but my son has needs right now that I'm doing my best to try to help fill.

I'm using two of the 100W HLG lights (well, technically 95w/ea) and LOVE them. They're so compact and bright!
My plants love them too! Was running a 315 CMH which is a badass light but just too much heat for a small grow, they need room to breathe.
I agree about indica/indica dom. Especially if the clock's ticking to get meds to your patient. They'll bring more pain relief too. I'd put some autos in at first as well and they'll be hanging to dry by the time your photo plants are half way into flower. They won't take up much room or nutrients. Won't be the most vigorous plants but will also help you dial in your environment as you don't have to worry about sexing, topping, cloning, etc. I have tied down the main cola of an auto and the side branches caught up within a week or two and pulled a few oz from a nice even canopy.

Thought I would say hello and introduce myself, I'm Syn a middle aged stoner Mama, getting back into having a garden again after not having one for over 10 years!

Figured I would join the forums here to help with my research, it would seem a lot has changed and then again a lot has not. I'm in process of converting my heated workshop into an area that will accommodate two 10x10 tents. My tents are on the way, finished cleaning out the area getting everything painted despite using tents I want everything as clean as possible. I'll be running an ozone system outside of the tents, haven't really decided on which system yet something, that hopefully won't hurt my babies. I'm in the Northeast and unfortunately don't have the luxury of being able to have the garden inside the house. I've never grown with LED before but that's where I'm leaning this time, because of concerns of costs with powering MH/HPS and heat control issues.

If anyone has experience using tents with LEDs please feel free to send me a message I'd love to talk.

I'll be growing organic, as that's what I grew in the past. I'm still finalizing what seeds I want for this garden, looking for strains that will mesh well together and not be too problematic as I feel like I complete noob again when it comes to gardening. I'll start a grow journal in the next couple of weeks, super excited and super nervous at the same time!
Welcome aboard. Go big or go home..lol. 2 10x10 tents..wow. I hope you start a journal. I'd love to watch. Knocking off the rust is hard but if ya know the basics your good.

I'm using two of the 100W HLG lights (well, technically 95w/ea) and LOVE them. They're so compact and bright!
My plants love them too! Was running a 315 CMH which is a badass light but just too much heat for a small grow, they need room to breathe.
I agree about indica/indica dom. Especially if the clock's ticking to get meds to your patient. They'll bring more pain relief too. I'd put some autos in at first as well and they'll be hanging to dry by the time your photo plants are half way into flower. They won't take up much room or nutrients. Won't be the most vigorous plants but will also help you dial in your environment as you don't have to worry about sexing, topping, cloning, etc. I have tied down the main cola of an auto and the side branches caught up within a week or two and pulled a few oz from a nice even canopy.
Welcome, Syn!

I'm with Southerncough. Put a few autos in there. They'll be done in 3-4 months and don't take a lot of room. I've got 8 going in a 4x4 tent.

Back
Top Bottom