Stealth Cupboard Soil Surprise

smokesp0t

Hello!
This is my first grow so i'm really looking for all the help i can get, I'm sure i'll be making plenty of mistakes over the next few months and hopefully someone might be able to help me out.

My setup consists of a large cupboard wardrobe thing with a 250watt hps lamp inside. I will upload pictures as soon as i've worked out how! I am growing 4 plants in total... (barney's farm) blue cheese and amnesia lemon and 2 x short stuff himalayan blue diesel. As i only have space for 3 5 litre pots, the little diesels have to share. I figured that they're only tiny little things and might not mind too much. I used miracle gro potting soil. (the one thats for hanging baskets and the like).

I planted them late monday night, straight into the soil from seed without any germination help. i water the pots between 1 and 2 pints each a day with luke warm tap water. Apparently the soil "feeds for 3 months" but i don't know whether to trust this or add extra nutrients?

I hope this gives an impression of the sort of level i'm at and if anyone could offer their pearls of wisdom then i would really really really appreciate any help at all.

Welcome, im up for watching this grow. Sounds like you have some good strains there as well. May i ask what made you pick MG potting soil? Its not to great for marijuana, it is also not a great thing to start seeds in because the firts can kill or damage your plants. Other then that it sounds like you have the lights and space to grow, best of luck! :thumb::thumb::morenutes::thumb::thumb:

Hey smokesp0t! Welcome to 420. sounds like you got some tasty genetics there! Is there air circulation through the dresser? People might talk crap about the time release MG but don't panic. I've seen successful journals on this very site where people have used that AND the MG nutes. I'd be very wary about adding any additional nutes though, unless they start showing signs of deficiency. A good tip I recieved for watering is to stick your finger in the soil and only water if the soil is dry for a couple inches down. It's very easy to over-water. Good luck buddy I'll be watchin'.

Ah right, well hopefully they'll take the pain, it seemed like a nice healthy place to start and i've got to be really discreet where i am so i cant really risk even being seen with anything grow related. Just seemed easy. also, before they poke their heads up, should they be kept in complete darkness?

This is my cupboard, i must say i'm rather pleased with it, especially as in the first picture the door is open and its still completely lightproof :)
DSC03423.JPG

DSC03424.JPG

In regard to ventilation, the blue fabric in the picture is normally the only thing keeping the light out so i figured ventilation should be okay, i do have a proper fan that will get installed when i start to see some life!

Thanks for the interest, i'll be keeping it updated

I apologize I wasn't aware they were still germin'. You DO want to keep it moist when germinating the seeds but after some roots go down then I'd take it easy. I was watering mine twice a week with no problems.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom