Stem looks odd - should I be concerned?

I’m not sure what brown patches you’re referring to.. is it this?

IMG_5589.jpeg
Yes 👍 CL🍀

Well, that’s what I was really concerned with anyway.

Honestly that to me just looks like physical stress on the stem which happens.. I’m trying to find other pictures but here’s an example of mine:

IMG_5590.jpeg

You can see the similar coloring.. This isn’t an issue.. It’s some slight tissue damage that is repairing itself.. This is from me super cropping a too tall plant

Your guys pics look like you Probably had some extra weight, or some extra wind and it caused the plant to build up strength in that area similar to how we build muscle. In both of your pics the brown areas are spots that are sort of ridged and are both in areas where the plant would have some serious weight bearing occurring. Or it’s possible you had plants fall over early in seedling and veg and they naturally built up strength there.

Honestly that to me just looks like physical stress on the stem which happens.. I’m trying to find other pictures but here’s an example of mine:

IMG_5590.jpeg

You can see the similar coloring.. This isn’t an issue.. It’s some slight tissue damage that is repairing itself.. This is from me super cropping a too tall plant

Your guys pics look like you Probably had some extra weight, or some extra wind and it caused the plant to build up strength in that area similar to how we build muscle. In both of your pics the brown areas are spots that are sort of ridged and are both in areas where the plant would have some serious weight bearing occurring. Or it’s possible you had plants fall over early in seedling and veg and they naturally built up strength there.
I think 🤔 it’s just having flashbacks of dampening off and when I see brown near the soil it triggers it. CL🍀

I think 🤔 it’s just having flashbacks of dampening off and when I see brown near the soil it triggers it. CL🍀

🤣 if you’ve dealt with damping off I don’t blame you for being paranoid.. brown isn’t exactly the color we’re looking for in our plants but as long as the rest of the plant looks healthy and vigorous I would chalk it up to stem strengthening

Yeah, she is very vigorous and doing very nicely aside from some test, eating the fan leaves issue, all in all she’s a healthy plant I’ll keep an ion her I don’t want to sound silly, but what is dampening off?

Yeah, she is very vigorous and doing very nicely aside from some test, eating the fan leaves issue, all in all she’s a healthy plant I’ll keep an ion her I don’t want to sound silly, but what is dampening off?

It’s a fungal infection that happens to seedlings, usually as a result of the medium being too wet. Often the seedling just falls over dead like an old cartoon and will have brown at its base near the soil where it looks like it’s almost rotted away.

Ahhh… got it… shes no seedling (I’m gonna use that when speaking about my wife going forward) lol

Yeah you’re already in the clear.. your plants look gorgeous as they are

It’s a fungal infection that happens to seedlings, usually as a result of the medium being too wet. Often the seedling just falls over dead like an old cartoon and will have brown at its base near the soil where it looks like it’s almost rotted away.
And the Damping Off Disease is often considered to be a form of Root Rot because the fungi and other organisms cause either of the problems are the same.

it's well past the point of danger. damping off only happens to seedlings.

Dampening off is just another name of root rot that happens to seedlings but if you overwater continuously you’ll get the same result. CL🍀

you can cause rot that way. but it won't show up in an established plant with those symptoms. that is not at all the case here as the plant is already established.

overwatering usually suffocates the plant well before root rot can get hold of enough to kill it.

edit : i've had root rot on established plants. it's not hard to deal with if you can up pot. i just sliced the bad roots off and re-potted. got huge monster plants out of it.

you can cause rot that way. but it won't show up in an established plant with those symptoms. that is not at all the case here as the plant is already established.

overwatering usually suffocates the plant well before root rot can get hold of enough to kill it.

edit : i've had root rot on established plants. it's not hard to deal with if you can up pot. i just sliced the bad roots off and re-potted. got huge monster plants out of it.
Shed had one that was experiencing the same thing and all it took was to uppot. But as far roots go I think it’s just semantics whatever you want to call it. Imo CL🍀.

But as far roots go I think it’s just semantics whatever you want to call it. Imo CL🍀.

there's no rot here. you're looking for a problem that isn't showing.

@CaptainLucky was just being a bit facetious. I took it seriously and became over descriptive so he was trying to let me down easy 🤣

Back
Top Bottom