Still problems problems & yet more problems

Opih8

Hi kids,
These are 2 (either) kush mintz or watermelon og clones that for some strange reason appear to have gone hermie on me !! Incidentally , they are 4th gen and no matter how much cal/mag has been thrown at it, it has always had the red stalks.
In the meantime can anyone make out from the photographs if they have defo turned or not coz they just don’t look right to me . All the other strains are cool btw.
Cheers for any input, Opih8

94A73DAD-9DB2-41CD-BA4D-93E32E50C41E.jpeg

9DEA1E88-265D-49E9-B06D-893801989990.jpeg

56EAD1DD-F2A6-4DF5-9C4B-EA3C626FFCD9.jpeg

C3E2ED45-7213-42F8-8D72-25F15A2881EF.jpeg

I don’t see balls, so I’m not sure they’ve Hermed. What I do see is some pretty brutal over fertilizing, the leaves are a very dark green with clawing tips, which usually means too much N. I’m also not sure why you’re “throwing calmag at them”. There are many reasons for red stems/ petioles it can be genetic and perfectly normal, it can be temp fluctuations, too high or too low ph, light to intense, or a magnesium deficiency, but I’m not seeing any classic mag deficiency symptoms.

clones should be same gender as host it was cut from but yes hermies happen

I’m seeing female calyx with 2 hairs and please forgive my eyesight isn’t great, but looks to be some 3 fingered fans which indicates photoperiod stress (based on 3rd pic) maybe even reveg but need better pics to be sure

what’s your light hours?
was the mom in veg or flower when clones were cut?

gotta run but will check back later

...they are 4th gen and no matter how much cal/mag has been thrown at it, it has always had the red stalks.
Calcium is not the answer to every plant problem out there including reddish or purple colored fan leaf stems. Some Calcium is usually needed if the plant is being grown under LED lighting. And, the signs that it might be needed are the development of bronze or copper colored areas on the leaves and not purple stems.

Purple stems and leaf stems (petioles) are supposed to be from a deficiency of Phosphorous but the plants do not look like they need any help with that either at this time.

The first thing I noticed was the fingers on the leaves do not look right. Are you using timers for the lights? Or, have you had a problem related to the lights in the past several weeks? Basically what @013 is bringing up.

I don’t see balls, so I’m not sure they’ve Hermed.
No balls, bananas or stigma/pistils so I am not sure that they even flowered yet.
;)
;)
. There are a couple of stigma on some of the older nodes a bit further down the main stems but they might not be much more than a few pre-flowers.

The dark green color could be the automatic exposure the camera used. Not only are the greens more pronounced but so are the background colors even if they are out of exposure. Then looking at the very last photo the colors are more normal, even closer to being washed out.

The dark green color could be the automatic exposure the camera used. Not only are the greens more pronounced but so are the background colors even if they are out of exposure. Then looking at the very last photo the colors are more normal, even closer to being washed out.

he's got waxy leaves as well.

I don’t see balls, so I’m not sure they’ve Hermed. What I do see is some pretty brutal over fertilizing, the leaves are a very dark green with clawing tips, which usually means too much N. I’m also not sure why you’re “throwing calmag at them”. There are many reasons for restems/ petioles it can be genetic and perfectly normal, it can be temp fluctuations, too high or too low ph, light to intense, or a magnesium deficiency, but I’m not seeing any classic mag deficiency symptoms.
Hi dude, I only mention the Calmag deficiency because everybody else has done so any time I posted red stalks etc on every forum I’ve been on the last few years !! Was only ‘throwing 3 - 4 ml per 2L at their moms when
clones should be same gender as host it was cut from but yes hermies happen

I’m seeing female calyx with 2 hairs and please forgive my eyesight isn’t great, but looks to be some 3 fingered fans which indicates photoperiod stress (based on 3rd pic) maybe even reveg but need better pics to be sure

what’s your light hours?
was the mom in veg or flower when clones were cut?

gotta run but will check back later

in late ish veg so not exactly going OTT , ditto with over feeding - these 2 clones have very well developed root systems going as they’re 4 - 5weeks old , they get 4ml biobizz grow & 3ml calmag per 2L water ,in light mix with xtra 15% ish added perlite same as all the rest of the latest girls . They got stuck in a brown glass btl and took bout 3 or 4 weeks to root .They have gone thru certain amount of stress of the light variety - they got taken 2 or 3 days before switching to 12/12 in the big ass ‘A-frame’ problem therein lay that downstairs was also on 12/12 !! Ooops , with my memory it took a week ( while their mom got the chop) of a few days them being in darkness for extra hour or so til I remembered and then stuck under an inconspicuous led bright kitchen til I went to bed . So their routine has not been ideal.I had wondered about them going back to veg but I didn’t think they’d been out of the amount of light source that they needed for it to be a problem . As noted my first thought was some kinda stress but They just look fucking freaky to me. Also because of the suspected Hermy issue I removed them both straight away upstairs to logically create more SHTF coz now have it under daylight and only daylight and they’re only 15 hours of a day here. Btw notice I said daylight not fuckin sunshine. Welcome to écosse

31B721B2-9BD8-4DBE-8FDC-4F2A81B63C6A.jpeg

FC0AB11E-2CFD-4F1A-A50F-96CEBE79A49D.jpeg

Hi dude, I only mention the Calmag deficiency because everybody else has done so any time I posted red stalks etc on every forum I’ve been on the last few years !! Was only ‘throwing 3 - 4 ml per 2L at their moms when

in late ish veg so not exactly going OTT , ditto with over feeding - these 2 clones have very well developed root systems going as they’re 4 - 5weeks old , they get 4ml biobizz grow & 3ml calmag per 2L water ,in light mix with xtra 15% ish added perlite same as all the rest of the latest girls . They got stuck in a brown glass btl and took bout 3 or 4 weeks to root .They have gone thru certain amount of stress of the light variety - they got taken 2 or 3 days before switching to 12/12 in the big ass ‘A-frame’ problem therein lay that downstairs was also on 12/12 !! Ooops , with my memory it took a week ( while their mom got the chop) of a few days them being in darkness for extra hour or so til I remembered and then stuck under an inconspicuous led bright kitchen til I went to bed . So their routine has not been ideal.I had wondered about them going back to veg but I didn’t think they’d been out of the amount of light source that they needed for it to be a problem . As noted my first thought was some kinda stress but They just look fucking freaky to me. Also because of the suspected Hermy issue I removed them both straight away upstairs to logically create more SHTF coz now have it under daylight and only daylight and they’re only 15 hours of a day here. Btw notice I said daylight not fuckin sunshine. Welcome to écosse

31B721B2-9BD8-4DBE-8FDC-4F2A81B63C6A.jpeg

FC0AB11E-2CFD-4F1A-A50F-96CEBE79A49D.jpeg

I’ll waxy bloody leaves u lol, as I explained zillions of times before (maybe a slight exaggeration), I have a shitty iPhone 7 which I refuse to update because it still works ( apart from the camera obviously)!!
Anyway to the matter at hand I didn’t give situation any time to develop I just lifted those motherfuckers out of the cupboard ,soon as I saw what I thought were a couple of wannabe nans ,and put in front of the window upstairs. There are a few bambinos squatting there currently just now also and didn’t wanna take the odds. Gave me but more time to figure out what to do with them and give em all a repot. Apologies for the blurry weed pix but , in my defence, I refer u bk to phone issue 😄 cheers all.

C3BF83AC-CED8-44C1-A331-496070BE769C.jpeg

54645B6C-560B-4D06-A357-1F8E4051AA4E.jpeg

2EEDF4EB-B3F2-4AD2-9BDD-D66E14BE0155.jpeg

I’ll waxy bloody leaves u lol, as I explained zillions of times before (maybe a slight exaggeration), I have a shitty iPhone 7 which I refuse to update because it still works ( apart from the camera obviously)!!
Anyway to the matter at hand I didn’t give situation any time to develop I just lifted those motherfuckers out of the cupboard ,soon as I saw what I thought were a couple of wannabe nans ,and put in front of the window upstairs. There are a few bambinos squatting there currently just now also and didn’t wanna take the odds. Gave me but more time to figure out what to do with them and give em all a repot.

Back
Top Bottom