dawncerda1999

With this being my 1st post, I figured I would start at the beginning which is where I am right now. SOIL. I have been farming worms for about a year now. I started with 500 and that has almost tripled. I occasionally use the soil to fertilize my plants, but now my hardworking worms are making more soil than I can use. This brings me to 2 questions.

1. How should I store this excess soil, so that I may share it or use it at a later time? I don't mind if it dries out, I just don't want it to get too moist. Also and even more important is that I keep the soil practically pest free. How can I store this and keep pest from infesting my soil?

2. I know how to test my soil's pH level, but I would like to test the NPK levels so that I can adjust it for different stages of my grow.

I start my worms in a base of topsoil, potting soil and manure at about a 40-40-20 then only add, eggshells, banana peels, apple cores, watermelon rines, coffee grounds and the occasional lemon or orange peel.

I don't really have an answer for you other than to suggest posting this question in "Organic Gardening". You can find this at the top of the screen under grow room/grower forums/organic gardening.

I grow organically but the best I can say is that I was told storage is easy as long as the container is not air tight.

Best of luck.

I'm trying a cardboard milk carton, half gallon with a few holes popped on the top. I also put about 5 lbs in a plastic coffee container with pinholes punched in the top. I hadn't ever harvested my castings and ended up with about 15 lbs.

I split the worms into 2 bins and estimated about 300 per bin. I guess a warm spell killed off quite a few of them last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420

Back
Top Bottom